Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2000 HP Twin Turbo Hellcat

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #101
First off very cool build and it sounds like you have some track experience and good support so you have an idea what is involved in going quick. Best of luck to you and stay safe doing it.

Second, the cars mentioned below are impressive indeed. The Charger is extremely impressive and very close to a stock chassis.

However, you are indicating that the two Hellcat Challengers running 6.9 are "Stock chassis". I am not sure what that means specifically but I am fairy certain that neither of those cars has a single stock suspension component remaining and most likely has little to nothing remaining of the front or rear unibody/frame components. They are both extremely quick and impressive builds and I respect both of the teams that run them. I just question the stock chassis car categorization.

There are some really quick Hellcats out there that are actually retaining most of the factory front and rear suspension that should be recognized for their achievements.
Mike,
Apologies for not making that clearer and agree. Everyone has excellent builds and pushing our platform to go faster and faster.

Agree 100% that Mr. Epling and Kevin H. are "not" chassis cars. They are more tube chassis than everything.

What I meant was, Zdung and I are full cast-iron chassis cars, thus we've not cut up our Chargers and both IRS cars into the 7's.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Mike,
Apologies for not making that clearer and agree. Everyone has excellent builds and pushing our platform to go faster and faster.

Agree 100% that Mr. Epling and Kevin H. are "not" chassis cars. They are more tube chassis than everything.

What I meant was, Zdung and I are full cast-iron chassis cars, thus we've not cut up our Chargers and both IRS cars into the 7's.
No apologies needed. I just wanted clarification and for folks not to be misled that you can easily propel a Hellcat into the 6's with a stock suspension/chassis car. I am sure someone will do it some day but the guys like you and Zdung are definitely pushing what can be done with a relatively close to factory chassis/suspension.

Hoping to get my Hellcat sorted here shortly to make a 1/4 pass. It has gone 1.13 60' and 3.1 330, blower only. Still have 2 stages of N2O to add but don't see that happening until we sort out the 1/8th.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Still have 2 stages of N2O to add but don't see that happening until we sort out the 1/8th.
Nice

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #104
No apologies needed. I just wanted clarification and for folks not to be misled that you can easily propel a Hellcat into the 6's with a stock suspension/chassis car. I am sure someone will do it some day but the guys like you and Zdung are definitely pushing what can be done with a relatively close to factory chassis/suspension.

Hoping to get my Hellcat sorted here shortly to make a 1/4 pass. It has gone 1.13 60' and 3.1 330, blower only. Still have 2 stages of N2O to add but don't see that happening until we sort out the 1/8th.
Agreed and someone will get into the 6's in an IRS car but weight is and always will be the key factor in Drag Racing.

Don't foresee anyone with a Gen3 block getting into the 6's in an IRS setup. Then to get a strong block and throw more power after launching.

To include the transmission might not hold up with cars weighting over 3700lbs and then add a driver. Too much torque to get that much mass moving.

Right now, we're babying the rear diff with this much power and cutting 1.22 sixty foots. Just image us throwing the power at this heavy car and trying to cut 1.10 and don't even think 1.00 sixty foots? LOL! Equals no more rear diff, axels or driveshaft.

We have a combination in mind to get into the 6's with an IRS car, but we're not spending another $60k to do it.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #105
Just so dang happy and really appreciate everyone and our sponsors and partners:

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Nice work

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Just so dang happy and really appreciate everyone and our sponsors and partners:

Man, I need those sponsors/partners lol

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #108
Apologies for not being more active on the forums. We have been upgrading the car...fuel system and heads and some other minor upgrades.

Here are some tips to think about if you want to run in the 7's:

Talk to Craig at Thitek and upgrade your Bear heads. Upgrade the exhaust and intake values. Reason, our TT build pushing some crazy heat at +1800 degrees out of the exhaust value. Thus we need to upgrade. Also talk about upgrading value springs if you're spinning the motor over 8k rpm.

FYI - we lost #3 hole at six seconds in this pass. Bent the exhaust value spring.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #109
Well guys, it's been a year since we got the car started, went to FuelTech and dyno-ed it....
Man, what a year it's been.

Here is a recap of what we learned this year and what happened.

1. First thing first. If you want to a custom build like twin turbo, big single turbo, F3 procharger, roots style blower.

Always interview these shops/people and ask this simple question. Show me a car you've built with these mods and show me the "results". If they can't show you. Move on. They're trying to learn, use your money and learn on your dime.

The racing community has done these builds for over 40+ years. It's cookie cutter for them. Get away from these popup OEM Hellcat basic mod shops. My build should have taken 3 months from start to finish and not 1.5 years.

2. Please work directly with the parts manufacturers when designing and building your car. They want to talk to the owners and get a relationship with you. Give them your goals...like, "We what to put down 2200 whp to the ground in a 4200+ lbs car and run low 7's. Break world records, how can you help us achieve this goal?".

Because you're the end customer and they want to make you happy. Ask tons of questions, they love to educate owners.
Btw, when you're happy with their products or services. You tell other owners that have money and will spend it and will buy their products/services.

Last point on this….you might get some companies that might want to sponsor your build. Sponsorship does not always mean “free”. Take whatever you can get off the price. We’re happy with 10%.

3. If someone in the racing community like Carl Rossler, Marty Chance, Jake Sampson, Craig Thibeau, Bill Dailey (insert parts/racing guru here)...etc...tells you what to do and how to build it right. Please listen to them. They have more experience and will not lead you down a wrong path. They don't want you breaking or changing out their parts or going to another shop.

4. Only put the best parts and best builders on your car. If you want to save money and put inferior parts and less skilled people working on your car. It will cost you more money and time in the long run. Only partner with the best.

5. This was a hard pill for me to swallow and learn and I'm still learning.

Listen to the negativity when people say, you can't do this, you can't hook and keep up with a blower/nitrous build, it will take you a year to race this car and learn it. You'll never win again, you messed up and you should go back to your old build and follow what everyone else is doing.

Use it as fuel in the down times and btw.....it feels so go shutting up the naysayers and the trolls :) LOL!!

6. This is a good one.... Don't get too high nor too low in racing. Don't chase the euphoria of winning. Just love the process of buy it, build it, tune it, race it, break it....DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. It's easy to say, but once you change your mind set. You'll love racing even more.

7. This is a topic that's not talked about on forums. PLEASE SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE with the community. When the trolls start popping off...just use the ignore function on this forum. Click on their picture and click ignore. There are more positive people that want to learn, share knowledge, and look for advice on what to do or what not to do.

So many racing gurus say..."I'm not getting on these forums, too many people <know it all> that have zero or no experience. So, they don't get on forums to help people.

I personally have learned so much from you guys sharing your builds, how to setup these cars, how to launch.... Everyone please keep sharing your knowledge.

Let's push this platform farther and farther.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Ur assuming ur car is the only car the shop was working on. Its not. My Trackhawk build took 2 years. Waited 11 months for just the motor alone from BES Racing. 3 months? That made me lol literally with stupidity......

My build should have taken 3 months from start to finish and not 1.5 years.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Want to set a world record but ask a shop if they have done cars to meet your goals before ???
I think you have forget 2 of the most important points.
1. What are you building the car for? Test n tunes/ Track Rentals. Modern hemi shootout. Street car takeover etc
2. Budget? Build your car to a budget. Talk to a shop you trust to keep it into Budget. Most can’t sign a blank check and hand it over.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Dman007 You have provided good knowledge and information about your journey and adventures for your race goal.

What we have to appreciate is the trickle down effect from the Full out Race Builds. The Gen 3 Hemi marketplace has changed greatly since the Hellcats.

Having a full out race built HC, you are not alone on this forum who has one, but most don't.

There are some who are at the levels of Dealing with Carl Rossler for a Transmission and many of us have dealt with Craig and his Thiteks prior to Hellcats and for our Hellcats. ( John owned the 1st 3 sets out of 5, when Craig first came to the Hemi market)

Speaking directly to the parts guys, my husband would do that too. He would purchase what he wanted and had it shipped to the Shop to install.
Even for "Top Cat" he had parts shipped to HHP

Even for us who want to daily drive and go to the track. I find this statement to be a must!

"Always interview these shops/people and ask this simple question. Show me a car you've built with these mods and show me the "results". If they can't show you. Move on. They're trying to learn, use your money and learn on your dime." (Scamming - A2speed comes to mind on this and there were lot's of unfinished HC's that were hauled out there) Some shops had to step up and get rid of their scamming ways too.

Many of us will keep our race level to what we can afford. Me, I like to Daily Drive my HC and Drag race and I can.

Also, I work for a paycheck that pays for my Hobby and then someone gets paid to do my Modifying work.
At the end of the day, who doesn't want to put food on the table and still Enjoy All The Fasssst Fun of their Hellcats.

It is also a good idea to know if "All" the parts are available for the build stage that is wanted. If not, what does that add to the timeline?

Another thing that I learned the hard way PRIOR to going to High Horse Performance. Get a quote. Many shops have it figured out Parts/ Time adding it up to a Build cost. That comes from Experience and Knowledge.

There are places and venders that will just keep adding/scamming, giving out a monthly invoice like you can sign a blank check.

John got a quote (2013) for my then Daily Driver SRT8 2010 from HHP. My quote was my invoice.
Except,( of course) along the way John added a change. He had a Driveshaft and axles installed too, saftey was important.
They were in stock and the invoice reflected the add.

For our Hellcats, John loved R&D and that was a different story all together, but the experience was the best!

Always have a full quote for your build and know that if you change or add something that Quote will change and get the quote for that too.

Know before you go!

~Linda :)

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #113
Ur assuming ur car is the only car the shop was working on. Its not. My Trackhawk build took 2 years. Waited 11 months for just the motor alone from BES Racing. 3 months? That made me lol literally with stupidity......
Once we get away from these pop up Hellcat/Demon shops and get into the racing world. Things move a lot faster. They just need your parts money upfront and once all of the parts come in. Car is built in no time.

We're still dealing with the Gen3 hemi vendors and long lead times and vendors holding the market hostage.

Get out into the race world and see how fast motors, transmissions, rear ends are built in days...shipped out overnight.

These racing shops have direct connections to the owners of these companies. We rebuilt two complete motors this year. Jake and Nicolas knows all of the parts owners and we get part expedited.
I know a friend of mine...waiting over a year for a crank. We got a billet crank delivered in less two weeks....did it twice last year.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #114
Want to set a world record but ask a shop if they have done cars to meet your goals before ???
I think you have forget 2 of the most important points.
1. What are you building the car for? Test n tunes/ Track Rentals. Modern hemi shootout. Street car takeover etc
2. Budget? Build your car to a budget. Talk to a shop you trust to keep it into Budget. Most can’t sign a blank check and hand it over.
100% agree. That is why you set your goals with that shop and parts vendors.

But as far as a twin turbo. Pop up Hellcat/Demon shops don't know how to build a big power car. But I learned that and should have went into the racing community to get my car build. Just sharing our experience.

Money/Budget - always budget for the best parts. If we don't have the money for the best parts...we'll spend more money in the long run. Because weaker parts will fail over and over....and in the end, we'll spend more money and time replacing weaker parts. So budget the build for the best parts.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ur still dreaming bro..... SUCCESSFUL and COMPETENT shop are in business because they have CUSTOMERS waiting to get in. That means there are SEVERAL cars in line in front of u.

(3) months yea bro maybe if u brought it to a shop that opened up yesterday and needs business but ANY other shop thats been in business for more than a day smh will take at least 6-9 months to complete a build like that and thats on the quick side. And thats if parts are avilable.

U seem to be under the impression u can just order parts and they arrive next week lmao..... Winberg billet cranks can take up to 6 months to get at times. Sometimes longer.....

I agree budget the best parts. U didnt do that tho with the Aluminum block u cheaped out and had it half filled which added even MORE weight to ur front end? Its a 100 lbs lighter than ur stock block. Thats a 100 lbs off ur front end! In Drag racing thats HUGE! Isnt that what u do drag race right? Im guessing it cant be driven on the street or are u planning on drag or sick week with it at some point?

Once we get away from these pop up Hellcat/Demon shops and get into the racing world. Things move a lot faster. They just need your parts money upfront and once all of the parts come in. Car is built in no time.

We're still dealing with the Gen3 hemi vendors and long lead times and vendors holding the market hostage.

Get out into the race world and see how fast motors, transmissions, rear ends are built in days...shipped out overnight.

These racing shops have direct connections to the owners of these companies. We rebuilt two complete motors this year. Jake and Nicolas knows all of the parts owners and we get part expedited.
I know a friend of mine...waiting over a year for a crank. We got a billet crank delivered in less two weeks....did it twice last year.

Last edited:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Ur still dreaming bro..... SUCCESSFUL and COMPETENT shop are in business because they have CUSTOMERS waiting to get in. That means there are SEVERAL cars in line in front of u.

(3) months yea bro maybe if u brought it to a shop that opened up yesterday and needs business but ANY other shop thats been in business for more than a day smh will take at least 6-9 months to complete a build like that and thats on the quick side. And thats if parts are avilable.

U seem to be under the impression u can just order parts and they arrive next week lmao..... Winberg billet cranks can take up to 6 months to get at times. Sometimes longer.....

I agree budget the best parts. U didnt do that tho with the Aluminum block u cheaped out and had it half filled which added even MORE weight to ur front end? Its a 100 lbs lighter than ur stock block. Thats a 100 lbs off ur front end! In Drag racing thats HUGE! Isnt that what u do drag race right? Im guessing it cant be driven on the street or are u planning on drag or sick week with it at some point?
The aluminum drag pack block is 80 pound lighter.
he won’t do sick week because of a couple reasons.
car won’t pass tech for his ET
Car can’t make it that far
And he get his ass handed to him his pockets are not sick week deep

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol.... copy that.

The aluminum drag pack block is 80 pound lighter.
he won’t do sick week because of a couple reasons.
car won’t pass tech for his ET
Car can’t make it that far
And he get his ass handed to him his pockets are not sick week deep

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #118
Guys,

To give everyone some context. Once you give a good shop your parts money and all of the parts show up. The good shops will turn your big build around in months and not years.

These bigger builds are done in the racing community in no time. They do twin turbo, single turbo, procharger everyday. Welding tubes is welding tubes or making TH400 braces...cookie cutter for them.

We rebuilt our motor twice last year and broke two billet cranks on two different occasions. You'll saw how much time we were down :) Partnering with the best companies will help expedite your build time and getting parts faster from the best companies.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
If ur breaking billet cranks at 2000 hp id say find a new Tuner bro..... Those Winberg Billet cranks are good to like 3000+ hp. U have tuning issues...... The power ur making isnt even remotely close to stress a Winberg Billet not even close!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
If ur breaking billet cranks at 2000 hp id say find a new Tuner bro..... Those Winberg Billet cranks are good to like 3000+ hp. U have tuning issues...... The power ur making isnt even remotely close to stress a Winberg Billet not even close!
he acts like he’s John force of drag racing like he’s somebody lol.