Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2000 HP Twin Turbo Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I kicked a rod, likely due to unintentional rpm on top of pushing a ton of power while trying to get converter data and seat time with my th400. If I do manage to get it all back together for tx2k, I’ll be back on the hp90 for the time being until I have time to mess with the th400 some more.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
looks like a missed 3 pages. Well I don't know if I really missed them:unsure:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Z has never Fucked someone over he has a strong backing and people that are willing to help. He will be up and fixed by Texas 2k.
I've followed Z back on the other forum. He was someone I always called into a thread, especially for E85. He certainly is Top Notch! I see him and his wife at the MSHS races. Z is always honest and upfront about what is going on with his Hellcat. He wrote the whole thing up on Facebook. I know he will have his Hellcat up and in no time. He just has more T&T and R&D to get the knowledge and experience of the TH400. I'm happy he changed, it will be safer and stronger.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Z posted this.
For the past month I’ve been working extremely hard putting in what little spare time I have into a few updates on my car. Swapped over to a th400, upgraded to ID2600 injectors, and some other miscellaneous tweaks and adjustments.

Early testing was a bust, the first th400 I had either broke early and lost 2nd gear or didn’t have 2nd gear to begin with. The first converter was also too loose for what I was trying to do. Fortunately Baily's Hyperformance Factory had a Rossler transmission with a Neil Chance converter that he was willing to lend or sell to me.

I tested it last week but the track was prepped for slick tires so I was only able to gather some preliminary data. Things looked promising though and I went back to testing yesterday at Q30.

Unfortunately I lost my motor in the process and won’t know more about what happened to it until I find time to pull it out and do a preliminary review of the carnage.

Testing was progressing rather well too. I ran an 8.2 blower pass with a soft launch, then ran an 8.0 shutting down after the 1/8 on a 300 shot, then was testing my 450 shot configuration when it let go right as I was crossing the finish line.

Fortunately I do have my other motor that is almost done. Whether it’ll be ready for tx2k remains to be seen. I hope so, but honestly I’m not looking forward to the long hours and late nights to get it done. I’ve already put in a ton of work this year to get to this point and I’m tired.

On a side note, I did setup the car to swap back to the hp90 8 speed almost as easy as doing a normal trans swap so I still have that as an option for whatever racing I plan on doing going forward.

With the time I have available this week, I probably won’t have another update to give till this weekend.

Till then, take care all!

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I kicked a rod, likely due to unintentional rpm on top of pushing a ton of power while trying to get converter data and seat time with my th400. If I do manage to get it all back together for tx2k, I’ll be back on the hp90 for the time being until I have time to mess with the th400 some more.
Sucks, sorry to hear that. 😞

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'll tell you too. My husband "Top Cat" for a Hemi he had built for me. He was the 1st posting about using a Rossler. Carl is really good to work with. I spoke to him directly myself too. A $4000.00 Niel Chance Converter Bolt Together was also going along with it.
People might want to think things are new......not so.....it just sounds new.
Z will have a Screaming Fasssst Hellcat when he is back at the track!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Z posted this.
For the past month I’ve been working extremely hard putting in what little spare time I have into a few updates on my car. Swapped over to a th400, upgraded to ID2600 injectors, and some other miscellaneous tweaks and adjustments.

Early testing was a bust, the first th400 I had either broke early and lost 2nd gear or didn’t have 2nd gear to begin with. The first converter was also too loose for what I was trying to do. Fortunately Baily's Hyperformance Factory had a Rossler transmission with a Neil Chance converter that he was willing to lend or sell to me.

I tested it last week but the track was prepped for slick tires so I was only able to gather some preliminary data. Things looked promising though and I went back to testing yesterday at Q30.

Unfortunately I lost my motor in the process and won’t know more about what happened to it until I find time to pull it out and do a preliminary review of the carnage.

Testing was progressing rather well too. I ran an 8.2 blower pass with a soft launch, then ran an 8.0 shutting down after the 1/8 on a 300 shot, then was testing my 450 shot configuration when it let go right as I was crossing the finish line.

Fortunately I do have my other motor that is almost done. Whether it’ll be ready for tx2k remains to be seen. I hope so, but honestly I’m not looking forward to the long hours and late nights to get it done. I’ve already put in a ton of work this year to get to this point and I’m tired.

On a side note, I did setup the car to swap back to the hp90 8 speed almost as easy as doing a normal trans swap so I still have that as an option for whatever racing I plan on doing going forward.

With the time I have available this week, I probably won’t have another update to give till this weekend.

Till then, take care all!
@zht. I’ve enjoyed some enlightening conversations with some experienced racers about converters and the science that goes into making those things work. One of the engineers (Todd) at Coan Engineering has been a huge source of information and set me up with what they call their Factory Showdown 400. Proper 1st and 2nd gear ratios for my car and a custom designed converter for the 400 using a long list of specs to work with the new motor that is being built to use the 3.8 Whipple. These things don’t work like what everybody is used to with the hp90. CBA2C3A3-4419-4A7A-9DD6-C5602BD603F2.jpeg B09C9740-DBFC-4088-B621-111C7E605166.jpeg

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
That's pretty. I've owned a few different brands of bolt together converters. It's soon handy to be able to change converter characteristics right at the track.
The Coans are good people. Jason is a customer of ours. He's a good guy.
Btw Marc, I'm quietly looking around for a nice Magnum. 😉

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Did Z Change to Coan or just call?

That's a Beauty!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
OK I see now, Z must have gotten his texts and checked in.

See he will be back and he has some R&D and T&T to do and to watch Z That is what he does!

As everyone goes to the Higher HP Builds we all should be glad for the guys who put this effort in because the trickle effect as is always good!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Did Z Change to Coan or just call?

That's a Beauty!
Lol. No. I would speculate that Z might stay with Paramount. If he might consider changing, I would highly recommend Coan. One of the best customer service experiences I’ve seen. The blue car has a Paramount with a Neal Chance converter.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That's pretty. I've owned a few different brands of bolt together converters. It's soon handy to be able to change converter characteristics right at the track.
I’ll keep my eye out.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Nice or a cheap one?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Lol. No. I would speculate that Z might stay with Paramount. If he might consider changing, I would highly recommend Coan. One of the best customer service experiences I’ve seen. The blue car has a Paramount with a Neal Chance converter.

Bruce Maichel who Builds Rob Goss's Hemi Drag Pak uses Coan converters. He has spoken very highly of them too.

Who's TH400 are you using?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Bruce Maichel who Builds Rob Goss's Hemi Drag Pak uses Coan converters. He has spoken very highly of them too.

Which computer system does Goss use? Do you know?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

D0DB246D-9FD1-421C-B6B5-CFC1CA800592.jpeg

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
@zht. I’ve enjoyed some enlightening conversations with some experienced racers about converters and the science that goes into making those things work. One of the engineers (Todd) at Coan Engineering has been a huge source of information and set me up with what they call their Factory Showdown 400. Proper 1st and 2nd gear ratios for my car and a custom designed converter for the 400 using a long list of specs to work with the new motor that is being built to use the 3.8 Whipple. These things don’t work like what everybody is used to with the hp90. View attachment 99238 View attachment 99239
Work of art 🎨

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State