Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
So how do you know if you get it right? I showed an intern at work the giveaway and he entered and it didn't say if he got it right or not (he plugged in the answer I calculated after adjusting for the slope)...I could have sworn when I originally entered it told whether or not your answer was right but now it seems they are not telling you....then again the green check mark is here now View attachment 6134
Probably get this ticket in the mail later... then again, maybe not... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

GOD... this challenge seems to be a cluster of frustration... FCA is consistent. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WONKA TICKET (2).gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Finally getting around to looking at this challenge thing.

#1 question... Do you need an Intagram or Twitter account to submit a entry/answer properly?

I don't have either and do not plan to create accounts with either for this. Although, the incentive is there.

Thanks... for any guidance here.
Answers:
Question 1: No, you don't need either of those accounts. If you click on them from the Dodge site where it mentions them, it takes you to their respective pages where you can see a ton of hashtags to chose from. I don't have either of those accounts.
I did find that when I entered the hashtag wording in the box, if I included the hashtag symbol, it said the hashtag was wrong...so...leave off the hashtag (pound symbol for us older folks), and just type the word in.

When you enter the correct hashtag, they remove a bunch of the wrong answer possibilities from the list of possible answers. I don't know how many there were originally last week, but when I got the hashtag correct, it knocked it down to 60 possible answers (there was a message stating that).

When you chose correctly, it gives you the message shown above with the green checkmark.

When you guess incorrectly, it tells you that as well. However.....if you have the page open too long while you're calculating your answer, and you put your answer in, the system may not actually register it. That's what happened to me. So it seems that you need to refresh the screen before you actually enter your answer. Someone else mentioned this in a previous answer as well.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I put in the wrong answer and got the check mark.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Thanks for the lowdown on how the hastag things work. Couldnt figure that out (Im old) I answered and got a green check mark but I assumed that just meant my answer went through, not that it was correct

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Answers:
Question 1: No, you don't need either of those accounts. If you click on them from the Dodge site where it mentions them, it takes you to their respective pages where you can see a ton of hashtags to chose from. I don't have either of those accounts.
I did find that when I entered the hashtag wording in the box, if I included the hashtag symbol, it said the hashtag was wrong...so...leave off the hashtag (pound symbol for us older folks), and just type the word in.

When you enter the correct hashtag, they remove a bunch of the wrong answer possibilities from the list of possible answers. I don't know how many there were originally last week, but when I got the hashtag correct, it knocked it down to 60 possible answers (there was a message stating that).

When you chose correctly, it gives you the message shown above with the green checkmark.

When you guess incorrectly, it tells you that as well. However.....if you have the page open too long while you're calculating your answer, and you put your answer in, the system may not actually register it. That's what happened to me. So it seems that you need to refresh the screen before you actually enter your answer. Someone else mentioned this in a previous answer as well.
Thanks for the information. Now I just have to sharpen my pencil and with a little help solve this puppy... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

DSB8.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thanks for the information. Now I just have to sharpen my pencil and with a little help solve this puppy... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 6165

Well...for God's sake...whatever you do...DON'T feed it after midnight...and DON'T get it wet :devilish:

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
In case you need a hint.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
In case you need a hint.

I submitted earlier today, but these hints verified my answer, so now I'm absolutely certain of my selection.

:cool:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The avg acceleration can’t just be from 0-203, it’s for the whole 12.42 miles, right?

I guess I should have thought about it like he did, and less like just filling in a formula.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
i did that and got a thanks for entering response

guess it was wrong

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
The tips in that video is exactly how I solved it, so I guess I was right that acceleration they give already compensates for the incline and when I was re-thinking it I was over thinking it. My answer was right damn it.....I just didn't read the choices close enough and picked one close to what I had when they are sneaky with that...I won't give away the answer but lets say it was 8:34 and they had one that was 7:94....the 7:94 would be right so don't click on 8:55 b/c its the "closeset" lol That's the only trick to this one after all.

I did a sanity check and calculated 0 - 60 time with their acceleration and low and behold it is definitely much slower than a normal hellcat. So don't over think it....

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
The avg acceleration can’t just be from 0-203, it’s for the whole 12.42 miles, right?

I guess I should have thought about it like he did, and less like just filling in a formula.
If you were to accelerate the entire distance you'd be going over 300 mph, you can only accelerate to max speed.

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
i did that and got a thanks for entering response

guess it was wrong
Everyone I know that answered it wrong received a red circle with white “X” and a message saying “Ouch, someone took a wrong turn!”.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Everyone I know that answered it wrong received a red circle with white “X” and a message saying “Ouch, someone took a wrong turn!”.
It seems like they stopped telling people if you had the correct answer.....must be too much chatter on here and perhaps people with wrong answers trying to come up with another person to enter to get the right answer maybe? :unsure:

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The tips in that video is exactly how I solved it, so I guess I was right that acceleration they give already compensates for the incline and when I was re-thinking it I was over thinking it. My answer was right damn it.....I just didn't read the choices close enough and picked one close to what I had when they are sneaky with that...I won't give away the answer but lets say it was 8:34 and they had one that was 7:94....the 7:94 would be right so don't click on 8:55 b/c its the "closeset" lol That's the only trick to this one after all.

I did a sanity check and calculated 0 - 60 time with their acceleration and low and behold it is definitely much slower than a normal hellcat. So don't over think it....
Yeah, after my wife and parents and my buddy’s wife and parents answered it wrong (I was trying to eliminate the competition 😬), I realized I had “nuked” the equation. At first I calculated for every variable possible; including the difference in distance from Point A to Point B after you remove all the curves... And then, it hit me that the acceleration given already accounts for all the variables. 🤦‍♂️

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Yeah, after my wife and parents and my buddy’s wife and parents answered it wrong (I was trying to eliminate the competition 😬), I realized I had “nuked” the equation. At first I calculated for every variable possible; including the difference in distance from Point A to Point B after you remove all the curves... And then, it hit me that the acceleration given already accounts for all the variables. 🤦‍♂️
All I learned is that I have to pay close attention, not over think it, and read the choices correctly.......I have 4 more opportunities to get entered in so I am going to make sure I don't submit an answer first day until after some hashtag eliminations and making sure I am not over thinking it too lol Us Engineers tend to over think sometimes....

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I got the same check box. I didn’t enter any hashtags.

Couple things. The video says “top to bottom” and then “get to the top”... so if you’re at the top and you’re going there, it shouldn’t take too long.
Second thing, if they’ve already given you the rate of acceleration, why does the slope matter? You’ve already got the rate, doesn’t matter if it’s on a flat surface or straight up... in a vacuum or in a jar of peanut butter. Only use the information you need. It’ll take you but a handful of minutes to get there, maybe a little more.
Here is the notification my friend got when he answered the question. It seems he got the right answer.

contest response.jpg

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Looking forward the new week and how much of a brain teaser that one will be :)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Here is the notification my friend got when he answered the question. It seems he got the right answer.

View attachment 6212
I am curious what the correct answer is
I did it 3 times and got 3 different answers.
One of them was in line with what that twitter video said to do. I entered that one last night

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I am curious what the correct answer is
I did it 3 times and got 3 different answers.
One of them was in line with what that twitter video said to do. I entered that one last night
I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.