Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm no social media or hashtag expert by any means....so I didn't hold out much hope for myself finding anything "secret" in the postings.....and I didn't. I also saw nothing that looked like secret clues to the correct answer. I did the standard time/distance equation and got an answer for level time/speed/distance. I couldn't remember how to calculate the incline differential, and since it was going uphill, I couldn't use the terminal velocity constant. I did some conversions for m/s/s and before I knew it, I had 9 different scientific equations open. At that point, I again regretted not paying the attention to the teacher that I paid to the girl who sat across from me in physics class......Diane was her name. After some additional irrational rationalization of mass, speed, uphill, gravitational effect, coefficient of friction, and a bunch of other B.S......while daydreaming about the aforementioned Diane.....I settled upon a very unscientific WAG......which proved to be wrong and has resulted in my keeping my 1320 for at least another 7 days :)

Well now I'm intrigued, do you have a picture of Diane? Did you happen to marry her? How long ago was this? Was it H.S. physics class or perhaps in college? Do you have her number?

Oh, wait, never mind, my wife might have something to say about that...

Carry on....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Not to be a downer, but what is this on Pikes Peak, when it's a Charger video?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Look at the racing suits, they change from Randyy's white to purple. Why so much attention to this purple Challenger when it's a Charger video?? Anybody?
L J

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well now I'm intrigued, do you have a picture of Diane? Did you happen to marry her? How long ago was this? Was it H.S. physics class or perhaps in college? Do you have her number?

Carry on....
Sr. year of high school.....my physics teacher was a car guy and had some great cars back then (early 1980's).....so we had some good discussions about cars. Now...the lovely Diane sat directly across from me and was one of my lab partners.....wonderful girl.....dark hair...shoulder length as was common for the time.....great smile.....awesome blue eyes......don't know whatever happened to her.....I left the area for bootcamp at the end of the summer, and never saw or heard of her again.

......we return to Bullitt.....already in progress

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Yeah.....I spent too much time trying to figure it out and had to refresh. I made my semi-educated guess and I received a message reaffirming that I won't be working at NASA anytime soon.
That's OK... you can always join the

space force.gif

AND... see the world... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gotta like their new uniform prototypes though...

FOR MEN....

1573093871782.png

FOR WOMEN....

1573094078033.png

The uniform for women is a little restrictive and may need to be trimmed more in some places... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That's OK... you can always join the

View attachment 6028

AND... see the world... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gotta like their new uniform prototypes though...

FOR MEN....

View attachment 6029

FOR WOMEN....

View attachment 6030

The uniform for women is a little restrictive and may need to be trimmed more in some places... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Well...if i get two of the women's uniforms.....I can wear one to my part time job dancing on the pole...and keep the other for when I need to blast off to outer space. Of course...if they put a stripper pole in the spaceship....I can make ALL the money.

1xtrlw.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just pay the price to visit Hickster Mountain on Hooter Cooter pole coaster and it all flows south wards. Even your $$$. Gravity flow. No change sets off the gals braces and they start slobbering from the wrong places. Well worth the pa so es in Costa Rica.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Carry on....
Hey...didn't have a pic of Diane, but I did find a pic of my first Cuda......taken right after I got to El Toro in 1984 right outside of Barracks 365. Good times :)

Last edited:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sr. year of high school.....my physics teacher was a car guy and had some great cars back then (early 1980's).....so we had some good discussions about cars. Now...the lovely Diane sat directly across from me and was one of my lab partners.....wonderful girl.....dark hair...shoulder length as was common for the time.....great smile.....awesome blue eyes......don't know whatever happened to her.....I left the area for bootcamp at the end of the summer, and never saw or heard of her again.

......we return to Bullitt.....already in progress
Found Diane for you. You're not gonna like it. She has a pool cleaning business now... It's called OceanQuest... :eek::eek::eek:

pool cleaning.gif

I would show you her face here BUT...

nightmares.gif

I remember going to my 30 year high school reunion. 9 out of 10 hotties from my senior class were fuggly (F'n ugly). The other 10% were still pretty decent looking. Wish that the other 90% didn't come to the reunion. Would have preferred to remember them as they were in high school. Not that I was the gem that I once was either but, nowhere close to what had happened to others. At least I still have hair on my head.

How about you? Guessing the hard hat from your 84 pic still fits but, nothing else... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh no!

The answer that I thought I had vetted out got removed today...

:oops:
Oh no way... you gotta be sh-tting me. Your posting was removed from here?

Tell me this is not true. :mad::mad::mad:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh, and like you might expect, many of the people stating what the hashtag for today was, were wrong.

It was not "Brotherhoodofmuscle"
#Brotherhoodofmooseknuckles ???? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Found Diane for you. You're not gonna like it. She has a pool cleaning business now... It's called OceanQuest... :eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 6091

I would show you her face here BUT...

View attachment 6092

I remember going to my 30 year high school reunion. 9 out of 10 hotties from my senior class were fuggly (F'n ugly). The other 10% were still pretty decent looking. Wish that the other 90% didn't come to the reunion. Would have preferred to remember them as they were in high school. Not that I was the gem that I once was either but, nowhere close to what had happened to others. At least I still have hair on my head.

How about you? Guessing the hard hat from your 84 pic still fits but, nothing else... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Just my luck, she's a successful business owner.
I think that steel pot would still fit. Of course everything else shrunk over the years from all the washings :)
Then again....going on the Ben and Jerry's and tv remote fitness plan when I first came home after 3 years in Afghanistan didn't help. Now I'm trying to reverse that process, but damn it's hard, and my motivation has suffered. It would be so much easier if I was still 18 and some mad man was running me all over an island screaming at me for hours on end per day. Ahhh...the good old days.

download.jpg

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just my luck, she's a successful business owner.
I think that steel pot would still fit. Of course everything else shrunk over the years from all the washings :)
Then again....going on the Ben and Jerry's and tv remote fitness plan when I first came home after 3 years in Afghanistan didn't help. Now I'm trying to reverse that process, but damn it's hard, and my motivation has suffered. It would be so much easier if I was still 18 and some mad man was running me all over an island screaming at me for hours on end per day. Ahhh...the good old days.

View attachment 6093
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Yep, a successful business owner. I understand she nearly choked to death recently when she sucked up a pool toy while deep diving to clean the strainer at the bottom.

My favorite DI and actor, Ermey. Loved the way he chewed ass with flare... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

gunny.gif

My all time favorite DI was my father. Did our time at El Toro long before your 84 pic. I was born at Lejeune.

Not surprised at the steel pot fit... hate the shrinkage problem as well. Damn washing detergent. We probably use the same brand... High-N-Tight or was it called Jarhead? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia is my kryptonite. Should come in gallon containers so I don't have to hit the fridge so much... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seems that we much in common... good times :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I just hope there’s some concrete validation that there are actual real winners to this thing

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Finally getting around to looking at this challenge thing.

#1 question... Do you need an Intagram or Twitter account to submit a entry/answer properly?

I don't have either and do not plan to create accounts with either for this. Although, the incentive is there.

Thanks... for any guidance here.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just hope there’s some concrete validation that there are actual real winners to this thing
Goldberg shows up at your door with this...

1573183324044.png

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody in 1:18 Scale... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Finally getting around to looking at this challenge thing.

#1 question... Do you need an Intagram or Twitter account to submit a entry/answer properly?

I don't have either and do not plan to create accounts with either for this. Although, the incentive is there.

Thanks... for any guidance here.
Me either. I signed up anyway. Pretty sure the hashtag thing is just a way to get an extra entry if your answer is correct.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I attempted this at 1am this morning.
First stab was 3 min. Then realized the car would be going well beyond 200mph
Did it again and was 6 min and something.
Entered the hashtag and the answer i was close to was gone.

Take another shot at it this weekend.

And yes, id probably just get a 30k loan on the car to pay the taxes. Drive it for awhile and sell it for double that next fall.

I can answer a physics question for 30k I just haven't done physics in 20+ years :geek:

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
So how do you know if you get it right? I showed an intern at work the giveaway and he entered and it didn't say if he got it right or not (he plugged in the answer I calculated after adjusting for the slope)...I could have sworn when I originally entered it told whether or not your answer was right but now it seems they are not telling you....then again the green check mark is here now IMG_20191108_154906.jpg

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I got the same check box. I didn’t enter any hashtags.

Couple things. The video says “top to bottom” and then “get to the top”... so if you’re at the top and you’re going there, it shouldn’t take too long.
Second thing, if they’ve already given you the rate of acceleration, why does the slope matter? You’ve already got the rate, doesn’t matter if it’s on a flat surface or straight up... in a vacuum or in a jar of peanut butter. Only use the information you need. It’ll take you but a handful of minutes to get there, maybe a little more.