Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
You can enter 1 hashtag per day, up to 5 in 1 period

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You can enter 1 hashtag per day, up to 5 in 1 period

I found the correct hashtag and entered it, my question is if I enter an incorrect hashtag, do I have a chance to enter the correct hashtag for that day, or am I done for the day, or even just done altogether?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh, and like you might expect, many of the people stating what the hashtag for today was, were wrong.

It was not "Brotherhoodofmuscle"

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I don’t do hashtags but entered anyway. Got the correct answer to week 1...for what it’s worth.
Ok...I'm going to ask what will probably be a stupid question...but I'll explain why I'm asking it. How do you know if you have the correct answer to the question? I clicked on my uneducated guess, and clicked submit...the screen then changed and said "thank you" or something like that for submitting but I saw no clear indication either way as to whether it was correct or not. Did I miss something or is that the way it works?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I found the correct hashtag and entered it, my question is if I enter an incorrect hashtag, do I have a chance to enter the correct hashtag for that day, or am I done for the day, or even just done altogether?
I’m assuming even if you get it wrong you can enter another one the next day
https://www.dodgehorsepowerchallenge.com/en-us/rules

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
From what I read, you had to enter the hashtag before you submit your answer to the question.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Ok...I'm going to ask what will probably be a stupid question...but I'll explain why I'm asking it. How do you know if you have the correct answer to the question? I clicked on my uneducated guess, and clicked submit...the screen then changed and said "thank you" or something like that for submitting but I saw no clear indication either way as to whether it was correct or not. Did I miss something or is that the way it works?
You might have got it right then. Mine said I took a wrong turn and to try again next week. Then tried to sell me on some power dollars

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Was trying to work out the math for an hr... but was thrown by the uphill angle thing. Took an educated guesstimate from there and got it right.

If you sit on the site long enough, if you go to click an answer, it may not do anything. Had to refresh and I enter my email address to get back in.

This was definitely a much harder question than I thought they would’ve asked. If this is open for a week, then the answer is definitely going to leak. If you don’t know it for sure, then your better off waiting until it is leaked.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
My purely linear answer was not in the 60 remaining questions, allowing for a grade-factor during the acceleration period wasn't there either... :unsure: Maybe... perhaps a rounding error either on my part, or their part???

Precision should count in a question like this....

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Was I reading it wrong, or does the question say going from top to bottom? Therefore accelerating downhill, not decelerating uphill?
L J

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Was I reading it wrong, or does the question say going from top to bottom? Therefore accelerating downhill, not decelerating uphill?
L J

I just re-watched, it's a bit of a contradiction, but you're right in a sense, but then not?

1573006388379.png

1573006432359.png

1573006460972.png

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You might have got it right then. Mine said I took a wrong turn and to try again next week. Then tried to sell me on some power dollars
Apparently I spent too much time trying to figure it out the first time and it didn't register my answer, that's why I didn't get anything telling me I was right or wrong. I went back in, tried the hashtag, and guessed right. Then it sent me to the questions and again I guess I spent too much time, so I had to refresh, then it let me answer and gave me a definite response to my submission. I guess I'll be keeping my 1320 for another week at least :)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I entered the wrong hashtag a few times and it told me it was invalid. I deleted my entry and entered a new hashtag guess in the box, that time I got it right and it sent me to the questions. I would like to believe that if it were going to kick you out after 1 incorrect guess, that it wouldn't let you try again....and then it would give you a years supply of.....Rice-A-Roni...the San Francisco Treat!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
I finally got a right hashtag, and I started the math. I'm done for the night without the answer, but my current educated guess. I'm in the 3 minute idea, and I have no physics back round. Will look at it again tomorrow. Brain is to tired. GLTA playing.
L J

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I finally got a right hashtag, and I started the math. I'm done for the night without the answer, but my current educated guess. I'm in the 3 minute idea, and I have no physics back round. Will look at it again tomorrow. Brain is to tired. GLTA playing.
L J

Hint, the answer HAS to be slower than if you were traveling at 203mph for the entire distance...

So...

12.42miles/203mph = ?

That's not the answer, nor the way to get there, but it IS a sanity check on what can and can't be true for an answer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
Bull,
I agree, and used 60 miles an hour times 3 would be 3 miles a minute at 180. 180 mph would run 12 miles in 4 minutes. So besides the incline angle, are we going up or down? Variables for sure and possibly over evaluating the question. What about a head wind , or tail wind:eek:, lol.. and co efficient of drag. Oh boy, way over thinking. Wait, maybe the co efficient was taken into consideration already.
L J

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
What was the answer
If I tell you and you win, we'll have to do shared custody :) Simple speed and distance calcs., with a little logic thrown in, are the only factors in this puzzle. They throw all the other stuff in just to jack with your head.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Till it runs out of gas,,,.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
You'll get a big green check mark saying correct and a slap on the back comment. Forgot what that comment was.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Geeshhh... just getting to this thread late at night here. Seems that this thing has tougher questions than Goldberg implied in the advertisement. Certainly nothing that muscle bound cue ball could ever figure out on any given day... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Maybe I'll turn this over to my rocket scientist son with his Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab Masters Degree... and just plug in his answer.

Meanwhile I will work on the meaning of a hashtag.

Back in the day years ago.. hash was a drug, so is hashtag a running school yard game played while on drugs? Something like human bumper cars... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OR.... military jargon hash would be slop in the mess line... so is this hashtag, slapping soldiers in the mess line? That could get someone shot... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

OR... is it this two handed gang symbol flashed by all the cool people?

hashtag.gif

Last edited: