Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Horsepower Challenge

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
You'll get a big green check mark saying correct and a slap on the back comment. Forgot what that comment was.
Still had it up on in my browser from yesterday.

CONGRATS YOU DAREDEVIL, YOU CROSSED THE FINISH LINE WITH THE RIGHT ANSWER!
You also earned a chance to win a Special Edition 2019 Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye*!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I don't have twitter, facebook or any of that social media crap. I already own a Redeye hashtag social media kiss my ass.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
WOW, talk about a lucky guess!!

Congrats you daredevil, you crossed the finish line with the right answer!

You also earned a chance to win a Special Edition 2019 Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye*!

Now you’re entered for a chance to win the Special Edition 2019 Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye. Which will make you even MORE hardcore. But did you come in first? Find out next week.
Thanks for playing!

And, don’t forget to check out our Power Dollars event going on for the rest of the year to receive $10 off per horsepower.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Also, be aware that this is almost certainly taxable income...

$97,000 * XX = Uncle Sam's pocket

XX = your taxrate (likely to jump up from a ~$100K increase over your typical yearly income...

My guess is $30K in taxes????

:eek:
I knew there was some reason I kept 30k in the gun safe :)

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Man I am starting to wish I would have read the question correctly.....b/c I could have been entered in this week :unsure: I have 4 more questions to get a shot at one of these though lol I suspect the questions will get harder as they go though...

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Stupid math!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
maybe by week 3, as long as you get a correct answer your odds will be high b/c I bet people aren't willing to be that closely involved with this kind of challenge that long....people have short attention spans!

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
how long does it take for the RE to hit 203mph?

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
i went with about 22 seconds i believe.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
great win for uncle Sam, I've known 2 people over the years that won cars and had to sell them to get what they can out of them and pay big brother.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
how long does it take for the RE to hit 203mph?
....its a touch over 98 seconds &/or 15,123.16 ft. given the assumed accel (from zero), of 2.93fp/s. (on level ground)
The math isnt that hard, but its not 1 simple equation. Don't forget to account for slope of 6.4%. Supplied info states "reach the top" and shows point A to point B, A being the bottom start point.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
great win for uncle Sam, I've known 2 people over the years that won cars and had to sell them to get what they can out of them and pay big brother.
I’d still gladly pay $30K for a Redeye :) I know...not everyone is prepared for that.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh no!

The answer that I thought I had vetted out got removed today...

:oops:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You'll get a big green check mark saying correct and a slap on the back comment. Forgot what that comment was.
Yeah.....I spent too much time trying to figure it out and had to refresh. I made my semi-educated guess and I received a message reaffirming that I won't be working at NASA anytime soon.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh no!

The answer that I thought I had vetted out got removed today...

:oops:
I tried to go back in today and enter another hashtag...since it seemed like you could enter a new secret hashtag each day until the next question, and as soon as I signed in, I got a message that I had to wait until next week when the new question came out.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I tried to go back in today and enter another hashtag...since it seemed like you could enter a new secret hashtag each day until the next question, and as soon as I signed in, I got a message that I had to wait until next week when the new question came out.
I still can't find an interpretation of the question and clues that coincides with the allegedly correct answer... :unsure:

So far excluding the grade factor results in a total time slower than the time that people have said was correct, including a factor, any negative factor anyway, results in an even slower time, which is obviously going in the wrong direction.

So when this is all said and done, as much as anything, I want (NEED) to see what logic was applied to the Kinematics and moreso the vector that resulted in the answer.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I still can't find an interpretation of the question and clues that coincides with the allegedly correct answer... :unsure:

So far excluding the grade factor results in a total time slower than the time that people have said was correct, including a factor, any negative factor anyway, results in an even slower time, which is obviously going in the wrong direction.

So when this is all said and done, as much as anything, I want (NEED) to see what logic was applied to the Kinematics and moreso the vector that resulted in the answer.
I'm no social media or hashtag expert by any means....so I didn't hold out much hope for myself finding anything "secret" in the postings.....and I didn't. I also saw nothing that looked like secret clues to the correct answer. I did the standard time/distance equation and got an answer for level time/speed/distance. I couldn't remember how to calculate the incline differential, and since it was going uphill, I couldn't use the terminal velocity constant. I did some conversions for m/s/s and before I knew it, I had 9 different scientific equations open. At that point, I again regretted not paying the attention to the teacher that I paid to the girl who sat across from me in physics class......Diane was her name. After some additional irrational rationalization of mass, speed, uphill, gravitational effect, coefficient of friction, and a bunch of other B.S......while daydreaming about the aforementioned Diane.....I settled upon a very unscientific WAG......which proved to be wrong and has resulted in my keeping my 1320 for at least another 7 days :)