Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

We need more car discussion on this forum.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Car related -
So ive been going back n forth thinking about DR’s. Wondering if theyre speed rated/limited. Want the grip down low but wondering about them if I do a high speed run.
How long you going to be at that speed? I have run tires way higher then their speed ratings because it is only for a few seconds. The are tested for 10 minutes minutes

Tire manufacturers determine a tire’s capacity for heat and speed using a testing machine. Usually testing is done to meet ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) standards, so the scale is based on kilometers per hour (km/h). A more rigorous test is sometimes done to meet SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) standards.

1. For the ECE test, the tire is properly inflated and mounted on a wheel attached to a testing machine in a room that’s heated to 77 degrees F.
  2. The tire is pressed against a metal drum with enough pressure to simulate a realistic load.
  3. Starting at a speed 40 km/h lower than the proposed rating level, the tire is spun for 10-minute increments at higher and higher speeds, until it reaches the target speed.
  4. The tire spins for 10 minutes at the target speed.
  5. It’s then removed from the machine and inspected for any failures, like separation of tread components. If it’s intact, it passes the speed rating.
  6. Sometimes an SUS (step-up speed) test will be added after the tire performs at the target speed rating. Speed is increased until the tire fails.
  7. If the tire is being tested at the SAE standard, it’s required to run for an hour at target speed in a room heated to 100 degrees.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I learned my lesson the hard way. I don't usually bring up topics but the other day I brought up the topic "Emblems (the lack of) and got my ass handed to me. No problem. I know when to back off.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Hey.....bigfoot is real.....he hangs out with the Loch Ness Monster during the summer. Sometimes they take a flying saucer to Area 51 or drive their 1320 to meet up with the Roswell aliens so they can laugh at the rest of us over a beer :ROFLMAO:
Fixed it

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #84
THEY CANNOT ANSWER EMAILS! I have purchased eight very expensive pieces from them. ZERO response to my inquiry. I have spent the past four weekends with a trial and error on their rear end. Horrible customer support. Don’t even begin to tell me how small and good they are. Even had another member call and write to them and mention my name, NOTHING!
That's weird. Did you call them?

I'm working on next weekends video now and have a good interview with Parker on how the fans work and setup.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I learned my lesson the hard way. I don't usually bring up topics but the other day I brought up the topic "Emblems (the lack of) and got my ass handed to me. No problem. I know when to back off.
Don't be afraid to bring up anything. I like emblems but some don't and others don't like adding more. You asked and they said what what they think but it is your car and you should do with it what you want

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That's weird. Did you call them?

I'm working on next weekends video now and have a good interview with Parker on how the fans work and setup.
There are fans on the control arms, SWEET!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok, one more thing... And yes I know I'm being cryptic, and I hope you know that it's really not meant to be maliciously mean, but an honest effort to share and promote info without compromising an actual business position.

So those who know, will understand, by piecing everything together, those who don't will simply have to wait until it is time...

I know this isn't happening like either I implied or wanted, but it IS happening.

Today actually was a good day, one of those calls actually kicked off a legitimate cooperative agreement (instead of just BS "talk" back and forth), and collectively the two of them together bridged a gap that has been, well, difficult.

It does weigh on me that I likely shared what little I did a bit too soon. There's a short handful of people out there that are probably starting to loose faith in the initial sponsorships that I put forth, and I can't say I would blame you.

I'm sharing here in this exact place and way because it's just obscure enough that only those who really know will be able to put the pieces together.

So, just remember how powerful this is:

I = 1/2MR^2

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Car related -
So ive been going back n forth thinking about DR’s. Wondering if theyre speed rated/limited. Want the grip down low but wondering about them if I do a high speed run.
+1 A single set of tires for drag racing and 200+mph runs would be perfect. Thought i read the Mickey Thompson ET Street R's were rated at 165mph. Plenty going over that in 'mexico'

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I don't think an MR2 is very powerful. Too small a mill. And 1/2 of an MR2 would suck even more. But still interested in seeing what you're really talking about. :)

Also, have to add this as "car talk." Guy that bought that SC GTO of mine is loving it, just has a grin on his face all the time. Makes me feel good.

Further, there is a 1970 black and black GTO convertible here in town, sitting partly under a cover at this guys shop. Every time I drive by I look at it. And this little itch starts. But I don't have the time to mod the HC, let alone start restoration. I will put my hand up next to my face as I drive by in the future.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
How long you going to be at that speed? I have run tires way higher then their speed ratings because it is only for a few seconds. The are tested for 10 minutes
Oh def not an extended run or even top speed. Was thinking more like 150mph-ish and then backing down.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
+1 A single set of tires for drag racing and 200+mph runs would be perfect. Thought i read the Mickey Thompson ET Street R's were rated at 165mph. Plenty going over that in 'mexico'
My understanding from M/T is that for no-speed-rating tires, they are okay for short bursts even over 200 in the quarter, but if you drive more than 1/2 a mile, do it under 85.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
My old sets of 555Rs were speed rated to 149 and I listened to them.

Billet Train

Founding Member
Firefighter
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
None yet but I talked to Parker and Zach from All Angles Design at Challengerfest and am eyeing their Drag Pack setup.
thank you sir for the response. Mike

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
how exactly does a posi-traction rear end in a Plymouth work?.....

it just does.......
You mean sure grip ? And if so Dana power lock or auburn cone type?
( posi traction is a chev term)

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Well looks like @Speedy Opened Pandora’s box today LOL. And it’s all good when we all share our personal stories and this would not be happening on the old forum. To the point we would still not even know of this other forum had the other forum not gone Corporate. I believe most are here just for the reason of having many options to express our ideas, views and of course car stories. But and a big BUTT LOL if this forum was like the Corporate style we would not still be here. That’s what makes this community forum a great place to be. And even @BULL has explained he went out of his way with the old forum asking them to reverse back the on corporate structure. And even I was impressed when I saw @BULL leave the other forum and make this his new home and to me that was a hell of a STATEMENT!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Well looks like @Speedy Opened Pandora’s box today LOL. And it’s all good when we all share our personal stories and this would not be happening on the old forum. To the point we would still not even know of this other forum had the other forum not gone Corporate. I believe most are here just for the reason of having many options to express our ideas, views and of course car stories. But and a big BUTT LOL if this forum was like the Corporate style we would not still be here. That’s what makes this community forum a great place to be. And even @BULL has explained he went out of his way with the old forum asking them to reverse back the on corporate structure. And even I was impressed when I saw @BULL leave the other forum and make this his new home and to me that was a hell of a STATEMENT!
The owners ( VS )of the old forum are brutal to deal with . It's all about the $$$ with them . Yes I had a few run ins with them from other forums . I still post over there mostly on my build thread or answer some questions if I can . I get nervous every time I want to put something on the for sale forum . I keep waiting for them to ban me lol

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I’m in the beginning of a remote flex tune for E85 with OST on my M6 Challenger. Hoping for completion and a track visit or 2 before it gets too cold here in Pa. What tips can anyone give on running corn, pros, cons, things to watch out for etc, things to do not do watch out for during the tuning process, I’m a newbie to corn.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

[cheers]

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Ok, one more thing... And yes I know I'm being cryptic, and I hope you know that it's really not meant to be maliciously mean, but an honest effort to share and promote info without compromising an actual business position.

So those who know, will understand, by piecing everything together, those who don't will simply have to wait until it is time...

I know this isn't happening like either I implied or wanted, but it IS happening.

Today actually was a good day, one of those calls actually kicked off a legitimate cooperative agreement (instead of just BS "talk" back and forth), and collectively the two of them together bridged a gap that has been, well, difficult.

It does weigh on me that I likely shared what little I did a bit too soon. There's a short handful of people out there that are probably starting to loose faith in the initial sponsorships that I put forth, and I can't say I would blame you.

I'm sharing here in this exact place and way because it's just obscure enough that only those who really know will be able to put the pieces together.

So, just remember how powerful this is:

I = 1/2MR^2
When you know, you know.

I have no clue.