Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To trade up or not....

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yikes...family of 7???..somebody's always in the bathroom I bet...
Yeah like wow I was thinking damn what the hell is in the water. And or maybe the milk man or mail man or amazon delivery.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
We have a family of 7, wouldn’t consider anything else for everybody. Trading in a durango limited for it
If you have the money the navigator or expedition is the way to go, I would call the navigator the best luxury full size suv since it's refresh, and the expedition is top 3 in the full size segment.

I'll put it to you this way, I'm 6'2 and my brother is 6'1 and we can fit in the 3rd row of the navigator, ended up turning in the lease and not getting another one only because mom got tired of driving in circles for parking at the hospital (her workplace)

That platform is the best for what's out there imo.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah like wow I was thinking damn what the hell is in the water. And or maybe the milk man or mail man or amazon delivery.
My guess....no TV

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you have the money the navigator or expedition is the way to go, I would call the navigator the best luxury full size suv since it's refresh, and the expedition is top 3 in the full size segment.

I'll put it to you this way, I'm 6'2 and my brother is 6'1 and we can fit in the 3rd row of the navigator, ended up turning in the lease only because mom got tired of driving in circles for parking at the hospital (her workplace)

Expedition Platinum
C6B300AE-799C-431D-AD86-750F0E35B57A.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Need that EL my man! Or as they say now "the Max".... That 18 to 24 extra inches makes it for me and my family.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Would have went for an expedition platinum but no hud, ended up with the navigator black label.

Shame how ford didn't offer it to entice buyers towards Lincoln.
Yeah I really wanted the Lincoln but just pricey and felt overall the Platinum would satisfy me and it really has and 16k off the price closed the deal.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Yeah I really wanted the Lincoln but just pricey and felt overall the Platinum would satisfy me and it really has and 16k off the price closed the deal.
Don't let CC fool you...has the Navigator parked on the other side 😅🤣😂🤣. They are nice though.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The expedition got sandbagged, less hp/torque, less features, etc etc

I see why ford did it but it's kinda funny that they are essentially the same vehicle with a different shell and upgraded interior design.

But yeah I don't blame you with a 16k price difference, it's not worth 16k to go up to the Lincoln unless you value brand prestige.

For us it was the hud + lincoln black label service, and having driven f150s we knew the expeditions massaging seats were no more than keeping blood flow moving, Lincoln did do significant but miniscule upgrades, like the seats, the piano key shifter, etc etc aka the attention to detail.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Don't let CC fool you...has the Navigator parked on the other side 😅🤣😂🤣. They are nice though.
Never seen a dude with this many cars, I thought we had a lot at my parents house when everyone was home on the weekend and the 6 car garage was packed and the driveway was filled.

This guy has a whole fkn dealership.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Lincoln is my preferred choice but when they hit the ground no discount and no special lease so the Expedition made sense. And believe it or not she hauls ass and I have the Raptor as well and I was amazed on her power.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #92

I'll put it to you this way, I'm 6'2 and my brother is 6'1 and we can fit in the 3rd row of the navigator, ended up turning in the lease and not getting another one only because mom got tired of driving in circles for parking at the hospital (her workplace)

I do like the Navigators. Rented one for a family trip.

You'd be suprised though. It claims 103 cubic feet of space behind the front seats, while the VW Atlas claims 98. Not a huge difference when discussing interior space.

My father is 6'2" and fits in the 3rd row no problem. When they come down to visit, my mom and him sit in the 3rd row. Car seats sit in captain chairs in the 2nd row and the seat is designed to slide and rock forward (with the car seat installed) to make it easy to access the 3rd row.

Obviously two different classes of vehicles and the price reflects that (as well as only being able to get an under powered V6 with limited towing capacity).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The Lincoln is my preferred choice but when they hit the ground no discount and no special lease so the Expedition made sense. And believe it or not she hauls ass and I have the Raptor as well and I was amazed on her power.
Lincoln had a strategy behind that, they wanted to maximize units without flooding the market, they hyped the shit out of this vehicle, and it worked.

I think the hype will die down after next year tho tbh, probably pick another one up as an airport hauler or long trip vehicle. We paid about $1300/mo for 2 years, that was the best deal on a black label that most dealers ever saw, they normally went for $1600+/mo, sheehy lincoln sold it to us because we buy a ton of trucks from their sister stores.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Expedition and navigator make more power than advertised and the gap isn't as big as most think.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #94
And for comparison, the Durango has 85 cubic feet behind the front seats.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I do like the Navigators. Rented one for a family trip.

You'd be suprised though. It claims 103 cubic feet of space behind the front seats, while the VW Atlas claims 98. Not a huge difference when discussing interior space.

My father is 6'2" and fits in the 3rd row no problem. When they come down to visit, my mom and him sit in the 3rd row. Car seats sit in captain chairs in the 2nd row and the seat is designed to slide and rock forward (with the car seat installed) to make it easy to access the 3rd row.

Obviously two different classes of vehicles and the price reflects that (as well as only being able to get an under powered V6 with limited towing capacity).
Completely understandable, to be honest if you don't tow the atlas is probably the better bang for buck.

The durango is on par with the aviator and x7 in terms of size, basically the 3rd row is more for kids or below average sized adults.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
@Hellcatcfp this is our new taxi thread 😂, don't tell Jimmy 😜

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #97
Completely understandable, to be honest if you don't tow the atlas is probably the better bang for buck.

The durango is on par with the aviator and x7 in terms of size, basically the 3rd row is more for kids or below average sized adults.
I actually was just buying what the wife wanted haha. If it was up to me we would've looked at Expeditions/Navs but she said they were too large.

Funny story, I bought her the BMW. We looked at everything, and that's all she wanted. She specifically was grossed out by the thought of the Atlas.

A year later, she doesn't like the BMW and wants a Grand Cherokee. So we get that, with a 2nd child on the way. Once we had our son, we realized you can fit 2 car seats and a stroller in the Grand Cherokee before you maxed it out haha.

So, a year after buying the Jeep, we were on the hunt again. We went to Ford, stood there for 30 minutes and nobody helped us, so we left. And then, out of nowhere, she was hooked on the Atlas. That's right, the same damn vehicle she wouldn't be caught dead in 2 years prior.

Whatever, I gave up and bought it. Has a good warranty haha. Very impressed with the interior space and usability but thats about it.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I actually was just buying what the wife wanted haha. If it was up to me we would've looked at Expeditions/Navs but she said they were too large.

Funny story, I bought her the BMW. We looked at everything, and that's all she wanted. She specifically was grossed out by the thought of the Atlas.

A year later, she doesn't like the BMW and wants a Grand Cherokee. So we get that, with a 2nd child on the way. Once we had our son, we realized you can fit 2 car seats and a stroller in the Grand Cherokee before you maxed it out haha.

So, a year after buying the Jeep, we were on the hunt again. We went to Ford, stood there for 30 minutes and nobody helped us, so we left. And then, out of nowhere, she was hooked on the Atlas. That's right, the same damn vehicle she wouldn't be caught dead in 2 years prior.

Whatever, I gave up and bought it. Has a good warranty haha. Very impressed with the interior space and usability but thats about it.

😂😂😂😂

Women are very weird about cars, I think my mom is the only one who will literally drive anything to work, she doesn't drive a single car consistently haha. However we will never find a perfect car for her either, maybe women are just too picky? I couldn't tell ya.

This is what she has driven to work in the past year; navigator, my f150 platinum and my dad's as well, my brothers e63, m760, loaner x3 M, loaner s560, my hellcat, the 720s, 530, 540, loaner m550, e55 amg, and her 2005 honda pilot aka old faithful.

The trucks/navigator are too time consuming to park, the hellcats and amg are way too loud, the M cars are too harsh suspension wise, the older cars don't have the tech, and the 530/540 take forever to accelerate, oh and get ready for this one the 720s(all the other cars were being used) makes her feel uncomfortable in public, it's not too loud, it's not too low, it's her favorite car to drive but it's too much attention that she doesn't want.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
So basically you're trading your car in and paying $20,000 to knock off 28,000 miles off of a car that's almost exactly the same, I'd get banned if I really answered it

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Yikes...family of 7???..somebody's always in the bathroom I bet...
We actually got a new house a few years ago, plenty of room for everybody. That was our first and most important upgrade.