Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To trade up or not....

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
More seriously, I do not think that deal is bad (I've seen some paperwork on here somewhere that says 28% or crap like that, yee gods), but in the end, do what you think will make you the most happy. If you love the car and are just tired of some the longer term issues (like tires, micro-pitted windshield, UV fade on the paint, whatever) and would love to have it "like new again" and the money is not a problem for you, do it. If you'd rather mod this car and have some fun, then buy another in a few years, maybe try that. Sufficient modding can make the car feel "new" all the time.
My car is still in great shape, absolutely not tired of it. The only reason I started looking was when used Hellcat values started going crazy. I thought, "I should sell this and make some money, then go buy another car!", then I realized I would just buy another Hellcat haha. So that's when I started looking at deals. Keep in mind, they are still giving me $4k more than I paid for the car on trade. Not a ton of money but that added to the $7170 power dollars, $500 military rebate, and the $6400 in dealer incentives makes it very attractive.

I honestly probably won't ever track the car, other than when the guys and I go run through the canyons once a month, and not sure I'll ever do any mods to it.

I am also financing because rates are so low (2.29% for 60 months). So, 5 years from now I can have a 2016 w/ 100k miles on it, or 5 years from now I can have a 2019 w/ 60k miles on it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
And unbeknownst to @AeroF16 we are all used car salesman here:whistle: getting kick backs for deals:censored:.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
You can always refi through Navy Fed and get their new car rate as long as you don't have any more than 7500 miles on it when you refi. I've played that game multiple times. Take the dealer financing to get all the rebates and not care what the rate was because I knew I could do better at Navy Fed after the fact. They don't always have the best rate at the time, but you'd have time to wait. They are 2.29 for 72 right now
I actually just opened an account with them today because I am getting sick of USAA's shit!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And unbeknownst to @AeroF16 we are all used car salesman here:whistle: getting kick backs for deals:censored:.
I'm gonna call Cal for that deal on the used Bronco :ROFLMAO: and maybe he'll let me feed the tiger

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I actually just opened an account with them today because I am getting sick of USAA's shit!
I've never had a problem with NavyFed. I've done the car refi thing with them at least 7 times and never had an issue. I always keep them in my back pocket.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
I'm gonna call Cal for that deal on the used Bronco :ROFLMAO: and maybe he'll let me feed the tiger
Warning - Fighter Pilot talking in this video = not safe to open at work or around anyone you don't want hearing the F word.

Cal's used F-4s

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Warning - Fighter Pilot talking in this video = not safe to open at work or around anyone you don't want hearing the F word.

Cal's used F-4s
I'll take 5 of them if you throw in some extra gun pods for each.

Best fighter jet ever made....... :p

And you seem to be missing your AF banner as well........they're free you know

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I had a client/friend (passed away 4 years ago). He was adamant that Cal Worthington's dealership was crooked 🤣😂🤣. Hated that dealership...I have no knowledge either way though.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I had a client/friend (passed away 4 years ago). He was adamant that Cal Worthington's dealership was crooked 🤣😂🤣. Hated that dealership...I have no knowledge either way though.
The Ford dealership in Long Beach had a horrible reputation. I went to the Dodge dealer in HB twice....cuz I didn't seem to learn my lesson the first time.....and never went back. When I asked why the brand new Dodge pickup sounded like it had dry lifters in it, the guy told me that it was normal and would go away during break-in........I turned and left.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

The design philosophy was "with a big enough engine, even a brick can fly" and the dropping of the gun initially was a big mistake smoke trail without burner wasn't a great feature either but I always loved them and throw 5 gun pods on and go infantry hunting

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Never forgot the sub I had in High school...maybe 10th grade? Was a Vietnam Veteran and flew the F-4. Very cool person. Funny how positive things stick with you throughout life.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The design philosophy was "with a big enough engine, even a brick can fly" and the dropping of the gun initially was a big mistake smoke trail without burner wasn't a great feature either but I always loved them and throw 5 gun pods on and go infantry hunting
Yeah, big mistake dropping the gun initially. But I guess they thought missiles would take care of everything.
I love when they have gun pods on them, it's just so awesome. We used that same pod on the A-4.
The F-4 has always been my favorite fighter, and I would love to take a ride in one someday. I think that plane is super sexy.....but I've been told more than once that my taste in aircraft aesthetics leaves something to be desired.....probably because I think ME-109's are sexy too. And don't get me started on the Stuka....or the ME-110, esp the one with all the antennas sticking out off the nose :ROFLMAO:

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #56
You’ll change your mind in the morning:whistle:
Only if they text me and offer to throw in some free swag and floor mats, maybe a years worth of shitty car washes.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Only if they text me and offer to throw in some free swag and floor mats, maybe a years worth of shitty car washes.
Hey that’s a really nice looking Cat so I get it and sleep,on it and then you know. And sincerely if you keep her for a few years you’ve done well. And I have owned the regular Hellcat and WB Hellcat and the non WB os more fun. And the reason is the narrow body busts loose easier snd feels more powerful due to that. And at the end of the day the extra 90 horse is not radical. To the point my Charger Hellcat is every bit as fun if not more than my RE WB due to bust loose feel.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There are some privately owned running around. Let's see.... back in the early 2000s before Enron crashed (I know, bc they paid for it) they had a privately owned F4 fly all over downtown Houston at about 500 feet (with a few dips to what I would say was 300 feet) in preparation for this 25 million dollar 4th of July fireworks show they put on. Brought back memories just listening to it.

Had the Thunderbird diamond come over a hanger behind me in the early 70s (a bunch of carts loaded with fire hoses drying in the sun there) at what seemed like 150 AGL or a little less, going flat out, and that will stick with you. lol, the hanger blocked any approach sound and then VROOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM lol makes me chuckle even now. Precision.

three storms vs wing cong.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Out of curiosity what problem did you have with them? And please post up if you think Navy Fed is better. I've been disappointed over the last 20+ years that USAA keeps broadening the eligiblity for membership so our rates keep getting worse and worse. but they're still better service wise than any other bank I've ever used.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle