Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To trade up or not....

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Just do it. Aero. You only live once.
Have them toss something in to ease the measly 2K difference if need be.
Haha I know, why do I care about $2k on a car this expensive? I think it was more of the principle of me sticking to my guns with the offer I made them. I can easily afford the car, I guess maybe I just don't see the value in it after negotiating for a few days even though it's a great price.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, there is that thing called garage rejection, similar to donor rejection.
My garage would definitely wonder what it did wrong if I stuffed a 4-door in there.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Haha I know, why do I care about $2k on a car this expensive? I think it was more of the principle of me sticking to my guns with the offer I made them. I can easily afford the car, I guess maybe I just don't see the value in it after negotiating for a few days even though it's a great price.
I know the feeling, and can relate. Then again, I really haven't regretted a single car buy, but I sure try to forget about several that I passed on..

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You are in the wrong place if you are wanting to be talked out of buying a new car :)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Well, there is that thing called garage rejection, similar to donor rejection.
My garage would definitely wonder what it did wrong if I stuffed a 4-door in there.
That was a good one 😂😂😂

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Haha yeah. /

I think I am just a sucker for a good deal haha.
that logic works for women to fill their closets.....but it was on sale, look at all the money I saved .....why not you :ROFLMAO:

the question comes down to....are you 100% happy with your current car.....or would you rather send it down the road?

Chrysler is offering 0% for 72, but I don't know if that includes SRT models....it usually doesn't

either way...good luck

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That was a good one 😂😂😂
To be perfectly honest, it has and has had several crew cab Rams in there. But it was brought up with those.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
I guess it comes down to value for me, which is the better value 5 years from now? I say that because I typically don't own cars longer than 4-5 years.

2016 with 40k miles that I paid $40k for or a new 2019 for $59k?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've been working with this dealer for a while. Basically, looking at trading my 2016 Challenger Hellcat for a new 2019 Challenger Hellcat. Both have the same exact options. My current car has 40k miles, the 2019 has 12. Both standard body non REs with 8 speed autos.

The dealer is taking 18% off MSRP, which includes power dollars, and I feel like that is a pretty good deal. When adjusted for the increased value of my used trade in, the deal becomes 23.3% off MSRP (the trade value is $4k more than I paid for my 2016). No bullshit fees, just tax/doc fee (which I guess is bullshit but what can you do)/ and title. It's about 5% below invoice plus power dollars. We've gone back and forth for weeks and he says he is all in and cannot sweeten the deal anymore.

Seems like a great deal, but I am not sure it's worth trading my car + $20k (after you add tax/title/fees). Not worried about being able to afford it, it's just the opportunity cost of that $20k that gets me. Think I am going to pass unless you sons of bitches talk me out of it.

Also, if anyone wants a good deal on a 2019, I'll pass along the info. Triple Nickel, Leather w/ Alcantara inserts, pretty sure it's loaded with everything other than the auto cruise control (not sure what else was optioned on a 2019).
I advise you to buy the car and give it to me. I'll determine whether it was worth it by vigorous testing and analysis.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think you should buy the '19, and keep the '16.
If for no other reason to have as many doors as Hellcatcfp is dragging around with just one car.
Four is always more than two

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Funny funny and thank god I have the non taxi version. Now for @Hellcatcfp we need a moment of silence:whistle:. A Charger parked outside:censored: and a Challenger WB RE to keep things balanced now for the other guy not so sure:whistle:
View attachment 22617 View attachment 22618
I think I have finally figured out where Cal Worthington retired to.......and you're him! That's why you have all those different brands.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
If I just had a drink or two, then I'd turn into a person that has two or three more drinks, and then that person would buy it without thinking...

And they say alcohol doesn't solve problems!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I advise you to buy the car and give it to me. I'll determine whether it was worth it by vigorous testing and analysis.
Yeah....for at least 200+ feet anyway :ROFLMAO:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I think I have finally figured out where Cal Worthington retired to.......and you're him! That's why you have all those different brands.

Only thing CC did correctly is to put Charger first before Challenger in his username 😅🤣😂🤣😅.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I always asked them how much we were taking off the price because of the tiger dents in the hood. They did not think that was very funny.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
that logic works for women to fill their closets.....but it was on sale, look at all the money I saved .....why not you :ROFLMAO:

the question comes down to....are you 100% happy with your current car.....or would you rather send it down the road?

Chrysler is offering 0% for 72, but I don't know if that includes SRT models....it usually doesn't

either way...good luck
I was actually looking to see if there were anything good finance incentives through them, all I see is 2.9% for 60 months.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
More seriously, I do not think that deal is bad (I've seen some paperwork on here somewhere that says 28% or crap like that, yee gods), but in the end, do what you think will make you the most happy. If you love the car and are just tired of some the longer term issues (like tires, micro-pitted windshield, UV fade on the paint, whatever) and would love to have it "like new again" and the money is not a problem for you, do it. If you'd rather mod this car and have some fun, then buy another in a few years, maybe try that. Sufficient modding can make the car feel "new" all the time.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I always asked them how much we were taking off the price because of the tiger dents in the hood. They did not think that was very funny.
yeah, and one of his Ford and Dodge dealerships in Huntington Beach were right down the street from each other, plus he had a bunch of other ones. When you went in there you'd better hold onto your wallet....tightly.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I was actually looking to see if there were anything good finance incentives through them, all I see is 2.9% for 60 months.
You can always refi through Navy Fed and get their new car rate as long as you don't have any more than 7500 miles on it when you refi. I've played that game multiple times. Take the dealer financing to get all the rebates and not care what the rate was because I knew I could do better at Navy Fed after the fact. They don't always have the best rate at the time, but you'd have time to wait. They are 2.29 for 72 right now