Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Somewhat sending it cause curse words hurt their feels! Live updates on the carnage.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
whats the theory behind this?
Possible increased stall shocking the tires with traction could have an impact on everything going on. You seem to have destroyed a lot of strong driveline parts recently. DSS Driveshaft, rear and now built axles. Just trying to think outside the box here to get to the bottom of the issue. I want to see you out racing with us all year buddy.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
You might just be hitting the tire too hard at the launch. You can have a soft 1.3x 60'
Watch this video, it's a very soft 1.35 60'

Smooth

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Possible increased stall shocking the tires with traction could have an impact on everything going on. You seem to have destroyed a lot of strong driveline parts recently. DSS Driveshaft, rear and now built axles. Just trying to think outside the box here to get to the bottom of the issue. I want to see you out racing with us all year buddy.
Could be, considering the drivetrain all works together.

@fumanchu182 1st gear launch or second?
I was thinking that maybe the converter is snapping or locking up possibly stressing things or hitting the rev limiter.

The launch looks good so I was thinking about possibilities of what could happen on the way down!

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Here is a soft one next one broke a axle GForce asked about wheel hop lol

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
softness launch I ever saw ;)

Seriously, did you feel the break?

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
softness launch I ever saw ;)

Seriously, did you feel the break?[/QUOTE
The next past came up and back down

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #68
Could be, considering the drivetrain all works together.

@fumanchu182 1st gear launch or second?
I was thinking that maybe the converter is snapping or locking up possibly stressing things or hitting the rev limiter.

The launch looks good so I was thinking about possibilities of what could happen on the way down!
Second gear launch.

I mean to be fair he didn't ask which set of wheels hopped 😂

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Second gear launch.

Correct

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
No wheel hop, in the newest videos you can see just good solid launches.

I'm doing the internet searches, I'm still searching I'll let you know if anything is found.

The carnage and some races:

The car was absolutely dialed in for 9.5 index racing and I was hoping to make a killing season opener at the MSHS in the Roc. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and I have been working our assess off to get the car to be consistent. Him doing the magic on the tune side and me doing the mechanical aspect.

Seems the axle is in there good, the splines are twisted. It is Sunday, I don't want to work on the car so it will sit. Just sitting here myself before my morning coffee and thinking about how disappointed I am in the GForce axles. These are supposed to be the Billy Badass of axles but yet they can't even hold up for my car. It also has me borderline depressed cause I already took all my vacation this year and spent it on MSHS events, planned hotel booking and travel, made sure I had a dog sitter, etc.. and here I am looking at another 2-3k for a diff and replacement axles.

And it couldn't have happened at a worse time as I just dropped a sizeable chunk of money on the car, to the tune of ~20k for something very big that I don't want to reveal yet but will be discussed soon. Just all around shitty end to the weekend. But hey that's racing. Do me a favor, like, share subscribe. Need that Youtube money before I start an OF for the cougars/snow leopards that need a strapping young pool boy... 😂
Second gear launch.

2nd gear launch can effect the drive train and the converter. I'm pretty sure it can be controlled though.

Member ID
Reactions
City
West Palm Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18’ TrackHawk
Fumanchu, if you think Cryogenics can help any of your parts let me know. I have a full Cryo set up and I’d be glad to do a batch for you.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #72
Have my old demon axles. Just got new demon axles as well. Didn’t realize DC power broker was right down the road.

New diff is coming, have a backup diff coming and the old diff is coming out of the car. Going to save my pennies for a TBA. Also have my 2.62 diff laying around.

so four differentials
three fucks left
two sets of axles
and a set of broke bitch gforce axles in a pear tree

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Have my old demon axles. Just got new demon axles as well. Didn’t realize DC power broker was right down the road.

New diff is coming, have a backup diff coming and the old diff is coming out of the car. Going to save my pennies for a TBA. Also have my 2.62 diff laying around.

so four differentials
three fucks left
two sets of axles
and a set of broke bitch gforce axles in a pear tree
Ya but look at all the fun your having:giggle:

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #74
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #75
Fumanchu, if you think Cryogenics can help any of your parts let me know. I have a full Cryo set up and I’d be glad to do a batch for you.
what is this magic you speak of?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Wow, definitely will be staying away from their axles now

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Sorry to hear about your bad luck @fumanchu182 . Still have the entire season to dial it in more and get things right. Maybe not for competing, but to dial er in

Member ID
Reactions
City
West Palm Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18’ TrackHawk
what is this magic you speak of?
In a nutshell, it’s a process you subject the parts to to over a period of 3 days to extreme temperatures, -300*F to +400*F, causing the molecules of said parts to realign eliminating any points of stress making them stronger and benefits to more wear resistant, higher tolerance and to breakage, heat resistant and able to dissipate heat better for in general cooler running components.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Fu Mon,
You ain't groin to believe tits crap ola, buttster, I did work, engineer, crap for Trane crap company, on a Cry Ma Genticks company in Tampa. Oh boy waz this a new learning experiance. It waz an operating bldg fer the dead and frozen. The surgery rooms were under the same scrunity as the living. Back teria, humidity, a/c, cleanly ness, SS, all of it waz the same as a hospital. Cry me a gentics was used fer pur sevations. Uck. Where I met Dr Death frum UT Knoxville. Anottah story. Cry me gentics only wurks unda certain, very strict, conditions. I don't $$ wise this would work on engine blocks. Butt ask Doomed Dodge.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #80
In a nutshell, it’s a process you subject the parts to to over a period of 3 days to extreme temperatures, -300*F to +400*F, causing the molecules of said parts to realign eliminating any points of stress making them stronger and benefits to more wear resistant, higher tolerance and to breakage, heat resistant and able to dissipate heat better for in general cooler running components.
Fu Mon,
You ain't groin to believe tits crap ola, buttster, I did work, engineer, crap for Trane crap company, on a Cry Ma Genticks company in Tampa. Oh boy waz this a new learning experiance. It waz an operating bldg fer the dead and frozen. The surgery rooms were under the same scrunity as the living. Back teria, humidity, a/c, cleanly ness, SS, all of it waz the same as a hospital. Cry me a gentics was used fer pur sevations. Uck. Where I met Dr Death frum UT Knoxville. Anottah story. Cry me gentics only wurks unda certain, very strict, conditions. I don't $$ wise this would work on engine blocks. Butt ask Doomed Dodge.
@G4 Driver very cool on the cryogenics parts lets talk soon

@Hickster My brother in Christ All might… translate please

You win some and you lose most of it. Had a long call with GForce. Im going to keep that conversation private till the axles are inspected.

UPS lost my 3.09 in the mail, the new new that @Hatermkr just put together for me. Its like the Devil doesn’t want me to win. Its very depressing.

Onto the good news UPS manages to only fuck up this order half way. Another Diff was shipped, had very distinct this side up arrows and then was reboxed upside down and fucking diff fluid everywhere. After some simple green abd brake cleaner she cleaned up nicely.
IMG_7089.jpeg
this unit is used, will get flushed and then boroscoped, this will be my backup.