Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Order Restricted!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I bought my trailer I looked at ones the same size as yours, Super Stock I think was the model. I liked the space but the weight was over twice what the 28' ATC weighed. About the same money and I opted for the ATC. I can still fit my ATV in it.

I was averaging 13-15 mpg pulling it.
The weight is not a good thing but I really wanted the bath with the capability to use it to stay in at multiple day events. It’s basically a toy hauler RV that makes staying in the pits with the car a pleasure and a lot cheaper than area motels. The 50 gallon fresh water and holding tanks allow for showering and no need to be visiting the track “facilities”. The only thing better would be a stacker behind a motor coach. Now we’re talking 5 mpg 😖

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
He
OK, I have an update to this original post, that is if anyone can remember what the initial topic was (LOL). My order has been taken 'off' restricted, however it is still a 5N7 sales code and still in BG status. I'm not sure what this development means, is there any hope at all my Challenger HC WB RE car will ever get built? Anybody have an opinion ?
Hey Don. Nope 😂

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The weight is not a good thing but I really wanted the bath with the capability to use it to stay in at multiple day events. It’s basically a toy hauler RV that makes staying in the pits with the car a pleasure and a lot cheaper than area motels. The 50 gallon fresh water and holding tanks allow for showering and no need to be visiting the track “facilities”. The only thing better would be a stacker behind a motor coach. Now we’re talking 5 mpg 😖
I can totally understand what you are saying.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Gets 10gpm...

Wow thats worse than a 747!
I don't get quite that much, usually. On the other hand, the fees for 25,000 lbs. of luggage would probably outweigh (no pun intended) the cost of fuel.

Plus, I like towing and hate flying, so I'd drive no matter what.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
OK, I have an update to this original post, that is if anyone can remember what the initial topic was (LOL). My order has been taken 'off' restricted, however it is still a 5N7 sales code and still in BG status. I'm not sure what this development means, is there any hope at all my Challenger HC WB RE car will ever get built? Anybody have an opinion ?
My Durango is a 5N7 and bounced between BX and BG a few times.

It was built a month ago, but seems to have gotten stuck after that. Still no window sticker.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Is this ICE shutdown or chip/part "delay" related?

Dodge has just blown apart at the seams. What a sad thing to watch. The focus that drove their success and branding over the last 8 or 9 years has all been voluntarily abandoned.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
But the root cause, again, in my opinion, is the desire to build things in other places bc americans are thought to be default too expensive. When you do not control the factories and push comes to shove youre f-ed. America - greed and stupidity.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Is this ICE shutdown or chip/part "delay" related?
In my case it's probably waiting for some useless tech add-on, which I don't want in the first place.

Worst case, they forgot to install the sunroof (which I really don't want) and are now cutting a big hole in what was a perfectly good roof.

We'll see what happens. If nothing else, pretty soon I should be able to order a Base model, and in the color I want.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't be concerned about opinions @ this point...I would want ANSWERS..from Stelantis...

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #90
Getting answers out of Stelantis is like trying to get Hunter's laptop data from the FBI.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Getting answers out of Stelantis is like trying to get Hunter's laptop data from the FBI.
Your selling dealer can tell you unless they're retarded.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I got a guy @ the FBI...we can have Hunters data in an hour...Stelantis...yer on yer own...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Your selling dealer can tell you unless they're retarded.
I have some serious concerns about some of these dodge salespeople and managers, it's almost like this is the brand that people with the lowest iq want to sell cars at 🤣🤣🤣.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I have some serious concerns about some of these dodge salespeople and managers, it's almost like this is the brand that people with the lowest iq want to sell cars at 🤣🤣🤣.
I agree! I have been purchasing Dodge products for decades and I have noticed a decline of the salesstaff. Example: This past Saturday, I was attempting to order a Ram Classic, my way. The salesman was interested in selling a Ram Longhorn (not a Classic). I informed the salesman, numerous times, I want the Classic, as it fits in my garage and I will transfer my lid and bedrug. Well, I was told the Longhorn is more modern, more options, more room and looks better. As I explained to him, it's my money and I buy, what I want! Then I done a 180 and made a quick exit. I hate going to dealerships...

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
just like most everywhere these days...idiots abound.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
As I explained to him, it's my money and I buy, what I want! Then I done a 180 and made a quick exit. I hate going to dealerships...
That's why I buy cars using the phone and email.

May call several in search of the right vehicle and at a good price. And it's almost comical how some call and/or email even a year later hoping to make a sale. Hell, by then I've found and bought my car, and is usually looking for something entirely different.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I agree! I have been purchasing Dodge products for decades and I have noticed a decline of the salesstaff. Example: This past Saturday, I was attempting to order a Ram Classic, my way. The salesman was interested in selling a Ram Longhorn (not a Classic). I informed the salesman, numerous times, I want the Classic, as it fits in my garage and I will transfer my lid and bedrug. Well, I was told the Longhorn is more modern, more options, more room and looks better. As I explained to him, it's my money and I buy, what I want! Then I done a 180 and made a quick exit. I hate going to dealerships...
Yeah I agree with the sentiment, honestly you could try ordering from koons, chapman, or mark dodge, they would give you 3% below invoice and you could custom order you car. Shoot me a pm if you need help finding a dealer to order from.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
There are small, even dinky, dealerships with good pricing (and customer service), too.
Finding one can take a little extra effort, though.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
There are small, even dinky, dealerships with good pricing (and customer service), too.
Finding one can take a little extra effort, though.
Sounds good, but in North Florida, it's "Mission Impossible." I've bought two cars in the last 6-8 months and I hated every minute dealing with car dealers, especially trying to find a Demon. I have contacted dealers in south Georgia and central/north Florida and they suck!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sounds good, but in North Florida, it's "Mission Impossible." I've bought two cars in the last 6-8 months and I hated every minute dealing with car dealers, especially trying to find a Demon. I have contacted dealers in south Georgia and central/north Florida and they suck!
I search nationwide. Closer is obviously nice, but far from a necessity for me.

The dealer I buy all FCA/Stellanis vehicles from is 450 miles away, which I kinda consider close. Makes for a long day to go pick them up, but well worth it.