Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Order Restricted!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Well it's now been 7 months since I ordered a new Challenger HC-WB-RE-JB. I knew my dealer only had allotment for two but I got in on the first day and my order was one of the two, or so I thought! Now, after all this time, I find out the dealership got an order in for the #2 slot just before mine. My sales code remains 5N7 with the BG status and on 'Restricted' status. In other words I'm F**K'd! This entire experience has been a colossal waste of my time not to mention a monumental frustration! Another unhappy customer, so what's new?

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well it's been 6 months since I ordered a new Challenger HC-WB-RE-JB. I knew my dealer only had allotment for two but I got in on the first day and my order was one of the two, or so I thought!
Now, after all this time, I find out some other sales person at the dealership got an order in for the #2 slot about three hours before mine. Of course my salesman never bothered to check and seemed totally confused by the whole process (and still does!). My sales code remains 5N7 with the BG status. In other words I'm F**K'd!

This entire experience has been nothing but a colossal waste of my time not to mention a monumental frustration!

So yes, now Dodge has yet another very unhappy customer. So what's new?
Do a nationwide search and find 1 as close as you can if you still want one.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #3
I want what I ordered, I would settle for red or orange but nothing else. I'm not willing to shell out that kind of money if it's not want I want. That's the whole purpose for ordering it just the way you want it. And I'm not paying any damn $25K - 50K (or more) dealer mark up.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This will be a common theme going forward in 2023. Just read a post by someone who has sources saying how there are going to be a lot of orders canceled this year. You arent alone.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well it's been 6 months since I ordered a new Challenger HC-WB-RE-JB. I knew my dealer only had allotment for two but I got in on the first day and my order was one of the two, or so I thought!
Now, after all this time, I find out some other sales person at the dealership got an order in for the #2 slot about three hours before mine. Of course my salesman never bothered to check and seemed totally confused by the whole process (and still does!). My sales code remains 5N7 with the BG status. In other words I'm F**K'd!

This entire experience has been nothing but a colossal waste of my time not to mention a monumental frustration!

So yes, now Dodge has yet another very unhappy customer. So what's new?

This kind of shit is unbelievable to me. Only auto manufacturing companies seem to think this completely half-assed, third-world kind of ordering system is appropriate and professional.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
They're just lying to you to get out of filling your order cause they can get more for it now

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They're just lying to you to get out of filling your order cause they can get more for it now
Sold the allocation to a higher bidder. Quite commonplace right now.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #8
It's not that I can't afford to pay the markups, it's a matter of principle. I would pay maybe up to $5K and complain like hell about it but I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of bending me over for a giant financial colonoscopy.

The point is moot anyway since my order was never confirmed in the first place, it simply isn't going to happen.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's not that I can't afford to pay the markups, it's a matter of principle. I would pay maybe up to $5K and complain like hell about it but I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of bending me over for a giant financial colonoscopy.

The point is moot anyway since my order was never confirmed in the first place, it simply isn't going to happen.
I'm the same way.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I want what I ordered, B5 blue with tan leather interrior, 3:09 gears and NO sunroof. I would settle for red or orange but nothing else. But I'm not going to shell out that kind of money if it's not want I want. That's the whole purpose for ordering it just the way you want it. And I'm not paying any damn $25K - 50K (or more) dealer mark up.
I had a similar problem, with my local Dodge dealer, last year. I attempted to order a Jailbreak, no problem. A few months later, no VIN. Discussed with dealer, no Jailbreak. Then ordered a Challenger Redeye, per the dealer, no problem, be here in about three months. I repeatedly checked with the dealer, again, no Redeye! Finally, in August, 2022, ordered again, finally received a VIN, received the Redeye Jan. 06, 2023. I have been ordering cars for fifty years and the level of incompetence, has reached a new low...

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
so you received a VON, but no VIN?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Financial Colonoscopy. You, sir, win the internet for today.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #13
so you received a VON, but no VIN?
Yes sir, I have a POC and a VON but apparently I'm still SOL!

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
That sucks man...what a fiasco the last few years have been. Imagine pre-covid getting $8K power dollars plus dealer incentives on these things, and now it's complete bi-polar.

Perhaps, the only good thing, if someone asked you what car do you have, you don't have to say Dodge SRT Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak. :p

Anyway, good luck. I feel things have a way of working themselves out in the most unexpected ways...

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
yea, that seems fishy. both times I have ordered new Dodges (my '19 and '22), I had a VIN assigned within 5 calendar days after order acknowledgement and getting the VON. My gut feeling is, when you get a VIN assigned, it is a pretty good indicator that the vehicle will get built.

Last edited:

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marion
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
I guess I should feel very fortunate. I just bought a 23 Durango SRT Hellcat for $2K under MSRP. It was built for someone who backed out of the deal. Three other people had wanted it and they were all no shows at the dealer. Pretty straight forward deal, even got the rebates and Military discount on it. Most other Stealerships wanted 5-20K over MSRP. The ones I hated were advertising for under MSRP on Autotrader and when you go or call the stealer it is a $12K markup, reminds me of the bait and switch they used to do. It would be great to eliminate the dealer and have true pricing come thru.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
My Smoke Show Redeye will be for sale in a week or so...... Jus sayn.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I guess I should feel very fortunate. I just bought a 23 Durango SRT Hellcat for $2K under MSRP. It was built for someone who backed out of the deal. Three other people had wanted it and they were all no shows at the dealer. Pretty straight forward deal, even got the rebates and Military discount on it. Most other Stealerships wanted 5-20K over MSRP. The ones I hated were advertising for under MSRP on Autotrader and when you go or call the stealer it is a $12K markup, reminds me of the bait and switch they used to do. It would be great to eliminate the dealer and have true pricing come thru.
Demand is cratering for the durango hellcat, should be relatively easy to get one at msrp.

The hot items are the redeye widebody's and the superstock.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Demand is cratering for the durango hellcat, should be relatively easy to get one at msrp.

The hot items are the redeye widebody's and the superstock.
The Durango...and Trackhawk are very cool...just not for me...it's a disgrace everything else turned into a shit show....glad I got what I need...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The Durango...and Trackhawk are very cool...just not for me...it's a disgrace everything else turned into a shit show....glad I got what I need...
To be honest at the price point both cars are at today you would have to be a huge hellcat fan not to consider an x3m/x5m, the durango hellcat premium is 107k versus an x5m at 120k.

I like the durango hellcat in theory but not in love with how outdated it looks and how far behind the tech is.

I think dodge missed out on a big opportunity to update the charger/challenger/durango with some new tech for 2021+ models, all they had to do was steal from ram 🤣🤣🤣