Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jon's Hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Let the fuel tank get low on fuel?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Let the fuel tank get low on fuel?
Haha no not that. We know much better than that.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
yes, Sumit Tunes my car, really simple mods, 3.0 Whipple, 3.0 upper stock lower, 2 inch headers, 1700idx injectors, tapped triple pumps, E85, I run Ethanol one R for overkill on knowing I have good fuel in it to lean on. all of the other normal supporting upgrades. factory front seats, rear seat delete. car is crazy heavy and me being 270lbs doesn't help.
We are about the same on weight and also same 3.00 pulley. I was 4690 friday. I have stock exhaust and 2.62 gears.Da was 500 on the 9.12 pass.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Since I have seen he's posted the actual cause. He was running around like crazy getting everyone but his car taken care of and forgot to change from the boost only tune to the nitrous tune. simple oversight.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
We are about the same on weight and also same 3.00 pulley. I was 4690 friday. I have stock exhaust and 2.62 gears.Da was 500 on the 9.12 pass.
yes we are built almost identical. I have the AWE exhaust. Friday after my first pass I weighed in at 4685. Running the Heavyweight class you get weighed after every round. after second round it was 4690. I added 2 gallons of fuel between rounds. Never run a drop less than 1/2 tank. still on 2.62 gears as well. I do plan on the 3.09's over winter.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Since I have seen he's posted the actual cause. He was running around like crazy getting everyone but his car taken care of and forgot to change from the boost only tune to the nitrous tune. simple oversight.
Exactly what I was told.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #947
@RGPIII sounds like you two have a good relationship. That always helps as well. @vortecd and I have lined up more times than I can count at the track

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@RGPIII sounds like you two have a good relationship. That always helps as well. @vortecd and I have lined up more times than I can count at the track
Definitely, he's been helping me for many years with my builds. never lined up beside him but I'm sure it will happen one day.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ya. I don’t know. I think I could port the blower and turn the tune down a little and it would be a safer setup. But what’s next geesh. I have an ice box to install but I have been thinking a chiller would be easier to use. Ice seems to be a pain. So maybe I do a chiller and a port over winter. Both making the car more reliable at the same power level. But I have to say I made a 9.3 pass in a charger this week and it cut a 1.4 60. Let me tell you I’m not giving up the 1.2 60s they just feel so much better.
I guess you and I need to keep each other posted one what we decide is the best thing to do. A chute no problem. A cage yuck.
I keep thinking to spray a 150 shot to it. But at the same time then I’m dealing with bottles. I thought about adding the hellion compound kit. But we’ll then I need to think more about a cage and built engine. So who knows. With parts shortages if I want a built engine I need to order parts now b
I had to laugh at one of the things you said…. The 1.20’s just feel so much better. Lol. A 1.4 now feels like a wasted pass. The word addiction comes to mind. 😳

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I had to laugh at one of the things you said…. The 1.20’s just feel so much better. Lol. A 1.4 now feels like a wasted pass. The word addiction comes to mind. 😳
I agree. Ran my 1st 1.4 and last weekend I was running 1.5-6 with a soft launch tune and it felt like a dog.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I also think that the crazy freezing temps aren't needed. My passes have all been 40 degrees and end at about 60 degrees. Then I let it cool down between passes. circulating intermittently while in the pits. with the chiller I do not plan on running an additional storage tank, just my factory overflow.
I agree. There has been some competition in the chiller wars as how low can you go. Frozen lines covered in ice or you’re just not doing it right. 😂. I think I’ve seen that 40 degree IC temps are enough to allow you to run the timing you need without exposing the supercharger to extremes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I agree. Ran my 1st 1.4 and last weekend I was running 1.5-6 with a soft launch tune and it felt like a dog.
My first pass Friday I left in 1st on accident and went 1.35. We did 2 passes in 2nd 1.40 and it felt slow:LOL:

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #953
I agree. There has been some competition in the chiller wars as how low can you go. Frozen lines covered in ice or you’re just not doing it right. 😂. I think I’ve seen that 40 degree IC temps are enough to allow you to run the timing you need without exposing the supercharger to extremes.
2 years ago I was happy with a stock hellcat. Last year I went 9s. Then the addiction started

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
2 years ago I was happy with a stock hellcat. Last year I went 9s. Then the addiction started
Oh no.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Don't worry, one shit tastic killer chiller install and one bad trans will have you pulling your hair out and hating Mopars.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don't worry, one shit tastic killer chiller install and one bad trans will have you pulling your hair out and hating Mopars.
You get yours back?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
You get yours back?
Nope. Heard something that it might be shipping this week, not holding my breath. Won't be making the event.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
They work @vortecd had them. When driving to the track he was cooler. I never used them
They should probably be on my list.

I sent a couple guys your way today for tuning. 1 guy is here on the forum. We'll see if they do anything.
I know a guy trying to move a brand new set, anyone interested? $375 with blanket.

325209E8-6B86-45F9-BF7B-DCF57C5E3009.jpeg 314ACFB3-B3FB-454A-AA12-7822EEBA80D7.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have been modifying cars for over 30 years and have had plenty go wrong, it does sometime. But to blame dodge on a trans rebuilder and an after market chiller makes no sense to me. Those issue happen no matter what platform you are building

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nope. Heard something that it might be shipping this week, not holding my breath. Won't be making the event.
This is another reason why when something goes wrong you tell everyone which company it was. For what you went through with them screwing up if they were a stand up company they would have had it back to right away. Didn't you send it back weeks ago?