Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jokerz Ported Magnuson 2650 426 stroker Build!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Cool. Yeah SCOnline have had a long reputation of being great to work with. When the aging Magnuson SC on my 2002 4Runner needs a rebuild I plan to send it to them for a once over

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
What's with all the sylicone all over the blower? That crap will get into the blower and cause problems. That's what the o rings are for. We never allow that crap near a transmission; why use it on the blower?

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #303
What's with all the sylicone all over the blower? That crap will get into the blower and cause problems. That's what the o rings are for. We never allow that crap near a transmission; why use it on the blower?
I know it’s black RTV but not sure why it’s there. That’s was a big question as well. Was going to open a claim with Magnuson but that would have taken months. In addition having it sent to Jokerz Performance for the port work that voided the 12 month limited warranty. SCOL uses black RTV to seal the SC but not to use inside the SC.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #304
Making some progress this week. Maggie is back on the car. 52510FC1-59E6-41F4-AD6D-797F266D62C2.jpeg
Today or Monday will be the engine flush and fresh oil change.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I hope you get er fixed up and dialed in soon . I'm patently waiting for the results .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #306
I hope you get er fixed up and dialed in soon . I'm patently waiting for the results .

Thank you H Pindy!
7E6531BC-9D53-4F00-AE79-A34A88F69CC0.jpeg 76C40CCB-2B3E-42F0-9F3C-182C4CE2FDCF.jpeg Shop did 2 oil changes to flush out coolant.
Also finishing up the 15 inch Carlyle conversion.
Need to find some new nuts and bolts for the rear lower control arm. Bolt is to close to the wheel.
Getting closer and closer! Just some small inconveniences but all is going good.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thank you H Pindy!
View attachment 43924 View attachment 43925 Shop did 2 oil changes to flush out coolant.
Also finishing up the 15 inch Carlyle conversion.
Need to find some new nuts and bolts for the rear lower control arm. Bolt is to close to the wheel.
Getting closer and closer! Just some small inconveniences but all is going good.
It seems like all the things are the most time consuming. I like unique builds . It's shows what different parts/combinations can or can't do .

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #308
Update time....
Car is back home and running good. So far so good with the Kong 108mm TB. Plan is to switch over to HP Tuners.Already ordered the software. My opinion Diablo sucks and it’s to glitchy.
Headed to my local dealer tomorrow for 1 more oil change and check out the 309 diff. Leaking oil from it. Ordered the stage 1 FI interchiller as well.
Car should be done next month and ready for some good times.🏎💨👍

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #309
85E83130-366C-49BB-A993-8D70E96253F6.jpeg FC84CD99-8350-4750-BCD4-C631ACAE980D.jpeg 29057E81-41AE-4170-9781-EC15AF806A4C.jpeg
Finally have some time to update this thread.
Car is done and running good for now.
HP Tuner is in and Diablo is gone.
Tuned by Z Tunes and car is Primetime now.
Found a new shop closer to where I live that finished up the car.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #310
I’ve had a few people tell me at the HP that my car is making right now and it’s not even turned up that I should look into upgrading my heads and upgrade ARP 625 bolts and studs.
Not looking for more power, just looking to protect the engine and don’t
have to worry about having some fun when I go to the track.
2 Tuners and 3 shops and my short block builder says 1100rwhp and stock heads is no good for the track.
I don’t want to over kill the head package I just wanna get what is needed and not spend to much money.
Gonna call Better Built Performance and Thitek next week and see what’s next.
Both HP and Torque is over 1000 right now on the car.
Fill free to chime in if you guys have any thoughts on this next Mod!
1- Complete head upgrade package or….
2- Leave heads stock and just Upgrade to the 625 ARP’s to lock it down!
I honestly don’t want todo this next Mod so it’s up in the air for now.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I don’t see the need to do either unless you are looking for a little extra HP. I pushed 27psi with the regular arp bolts. That’s a lot of labor for a little gain.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #312
There is a way you can install the 625’s ARP’s with out taking the heads off. My engine builder says install 1 at a time and I believe it’s the reverse way you would install them and same torque specs.
Marc did this to his Hellcat and he has the same engine builder.
Alex at BBP.
Saves money on labor and alittle more insurance and a piece of mind.
625’s are not cheap. 1600$ Plus labor.
We shall see

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I don’t see the need to do either unless you are looking for a little extra HP. I pushed 27psi with the regular arp bolts. That’s a lot of labor for a little gain.
I agree with this . I don't think the studs are necessary yet . And the thitek"s are for more power .

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I agree with this . I don't think the studs are necessary yet . And the thitek"s are for more power .

I’m going to chime in because I’ve personally talked to James about this. He’s running a fairly aggressive 426 build with stock heads. I agree that going the expense of the Thiteks is really for people looking for competitive hp on the track, and I’ve advised him against that vs spending those dollars on a cage that will allow him to have fun at the track. The studs are just an insurance policy. James is the guy out of pocket if he looses a head gasket under boost, and at over 1100whp he’s thinking about that. As sympathetic as this forum would be if he lifts a head……. I know I ain’t paying for it. Anybody else? People do what they do without any problems….. until they don’t. His motor is “most likely” just fine with the standard ARP’s. I agree. He’s the one who has to deal with what keeps him up at night. I got Thitek’s and 625’s and I still can’t sleep 😂

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I’m going to chime in because I’ve personally talked to James about this. He’s running a fairly aggressive 426 build with stock heads. I agree that going the expense of the Thiteks is really for people looking for competitive hp on the track, and I’ve advised him against that vs spending those dollars on a cage that will allow him to have fun at the track. The studs are just an insurance policy. James is the guy out of pocket if he looses a head gasket under boost, and at over 1100whp he’s thinking about that. As sympathetic as this forum would be if he lifts a head……. I know I ain’t paying for it. Anybody else? People do what they do without any problems….. until they don’t. His motor is “most likely” just fine with the standard ARP’s. I agree. He’s the one who has to deal with what keeps him up at night. I got Thitek’s and 625’s and I still can’t sleep
I totally get the reliability factor ( who wants a ticking time bomb for an engine? Lol ) every part I chose for my engine was weighed for cost vs reliability for the projected power production. To be honest if I was him I would save my money and do both thitek's and those killer studs at the same time . But I wouldn't worry about it in the mean time . The tune is a big part of the reliability of any engine. If thats is dialed in ( even a bit conservative). His motor should last until he can save his pennies for the heads and studs ..... Let's face it who doesn't want more power !

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #316
Cool guys. Thanks for the advice.
There really is no more power I can make with this set up. Lol I don’t want anymore power. If I put the 3.0 pulley on I can get a few more pounds of boost & more HP but why max out the SC if not needed.No way I’m going to the 3.0pulley with out the 625’s.
But for now 19 psi 3.25 pulley just shy of 1100rwhp im
Good points from everyone in here.
I will need a cage for sure like Marc said.
Also agree with HPindy. If I’m gonna do it mine as well save up for it and do both at the same time.
Busy with work right now so saving up for it is the perfect time.
I will think about this for awhile.
Gonna hit the track very soon for some practice runs & get the feel of the car.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #317
what s up everyone!
Been awhile since I’ve posted in here.
Been through a lot lately.
Well I ordered the Thitek heads back in March and still waiting. Craig is waiting on castings. Supply on demand.
Car is just sitting in the garage for now. Soon as I get the heads off to Full Blown Performance and it’s gonna be Primetime.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #318
Update finally lol
What’s up everyone.
Car is finally done. Took almost a year for the Thiteks to show up.
everything is installed and looks good. We never were able to get an actual dyno hp number. Tires were spinning on the dyno so we said enough is enough. Highest rwhp number we saw was 1100. Just waiting on the Mighty Mouse catch can and then picking the car up next week. 65268E36-833D-4624-98F4-F3E6AE49D502.png

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Patience is a virtue, but damn.
Congrats on the progress.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Dude and I thought I took forever to race my car lol stop taking it apart!