Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello from SC

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For me it was public school till HS..my mother then made me go to an all boy private catholic HS..run by the Franciscans..learned quickly how to dodge a punch..four great years that probably kept me from going to prison...
Oh well the worst thing a nun ever did was take two of us 12-13 year olds that could not comply one afternoon out to the hall and just smacked our heads together.:love: I think I remember it really did not improve our disruptions. Some of those nuns became my best friends after grade school. I worked bagging and checking groceries in HS and the smiling ladies always were happy to see their older students actually functioning in society. They would come in often. I never saw or heard of any of our Priests doing anything stupid. Not until about 10-15 years ago up here in MN! Damn pastor was caught exposing himself downtown!!! Never liked that one anyway. He was history.

Never got a paddle on the ass until an old grumpy math teacher needed to try. He is lucky this 9th grader did not just smack him back. He was a pretty funny and smart old dude, so whatever, I rolled with it.

OP
Ace1894

Ace1894

Member ID
Reactions
City
Irmo
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Thread Starter #82
So, am I still welcome? Is the honeymoon over? Seriously I’m just a
1675783721354.gif Ya know, mostly..

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
Ace1894

Ace1894

Member ID
Reactions
City
Irmo
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #85

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Oh well the worst thing a nun ever did was take two of us 12-13 year olds that could not comply one afternoon out to the hall and just smacked our heads together.:love: I think I remember it really did not improve our disruptions. Some of those nuns became my best friends after grade school. I worked bagging and checking groceries in HS and the smiling ladies always were happy to see their older students actually functioning in society. They would come in often. I never saw or heard of any of our Priests doing anything stupid. Not until about 10-15 years ago up here in MN! Damn pastor was caught exposing himself downtown!!! Never liked that one anyway. He was history.

Never got a paddle on the ass until an old grumpy math teacher needed to try. He is lucky this 9th grader did not just smack him back. He was a pretty funny and smart old dude, so whatever, I rolled with it.
Public schools were just as bad in the early sixties. One of my friends who had been kicked out of a Catholic school got paddled at least every other day. He'd get sent to the principal's office for the paddling. The whole school could hear the impacts and his pleas.
Boom! "No, Mr. Barry! I won't do it again."
Boom! "I'm Sorry, Mr. Barry!"
Boom! ....
It made all the kids in the classroom sit up straight and behave but didn't improve Tom's behavior one bit.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Public schools were just as bad in the early sixties. One of my friends who had been kicked out of a Catholic school got paddled at least every other day. He'd get sent to the principal's office for the paddling. The whole school could hear the impacts and his pleas.
Boom! "I'm Sorry, Barry!"
Boom! ....
It made all the kids in the classroom sit up straight and behave but didn't improve Tom's behavior one bit.
Well look at us now! They did ok.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Well look at us now! They did ok.
Yeah, for some reason I always made best friends with the "bad" kids. I guess I thought they were cool. Got paddled myself on three occasions. Then, what do ya know, I taught for 35 years. :LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
so talking about fords made him funny and witty :geek:
Naw...he just looked funny wearin those ascots...and old man shades...

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So, am I still welcome? Is the honeymoon over? Seriously I’m just a
View attachment 96237 Ya know, mostly..
Of course you are and you should have known that when I gave you the winner.;)

Your Hellcat is Beautiful!

Enjoy All the Fasssst Fun of owning 1!

Linda :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
But did they shine? :unsure:
Musta had some kinda meaning back then....cause I remember hearin it alot

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Who the hell is on first o_O

OP
Ace1894

Ace1894

Member ID
Reactions
City
Irmo
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #93

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Hell, I went to a private Catholic grade school. They wanted me there for many good reasons. After i have seen some of the videos and heard stories of my youth can't blame them! They were constantly fixing our behavior outside of Church and inside of the Church every morning, as us young guys were bored. But, i sure can sing the old hymns the nuns taught us to sing like a champ now! They did a good job, and i did get a great education. If I had kids now, they would be going to private schools or would be right here at home learning.
As soon as I read "Nuns" my ass puckered

Dam penguin hit me many times with her yard stick in grade school for every little thing
Stand up straight Smack
Get in line Smack
Stop talking Smack
What is 2 x 2 = 3 er 5 ? Smack
Did you eat the goldfish again Smack
Stop farting Smack

Bla bla bla

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
As soon as I read "Nuns" my ass puckered

Dam penguin hit me many times with her yard stick in grade school for every little thing
Stand up straight Smack
Get in line Smack
Stop talking Smack
What is 2 x 2 = 3 er 5 ? Smack
Did you eat the goldfish again Smack
Stop farting Smack

Bla bla bla
Bummer. We got lucky. The group in our school was not like that. Actually never saw a nun “strike” any of us. Like I said the worst and it was almost funny was the 8th grade afternoon. The two of us were the kings of classroom disruptions. We were so bored sometimes.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Bummer. We got lucky. The group in our school was not like that. Actually never saw a nun “strike” any of us. Like I said the worst and it was almost funny was the 8th grade afternoon. The two of us were the kings of classroom disruptions. We were so bored sometimes.
In HS..if ya got outta line...the priests were gonna work ya over...I got my share..(but deserved it all)...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Boom! "I'm Sorry, Mr. Barry!"
Boom! ....
I went to public school. It had police with K9s patrolling the halls and bathrooms everyday. We had riots as a ongoing thing. Riot cops and tear gas were used on more than 1 occasion. You had to learn how to fight or you were fucked.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I loved the girls at the catholic high school that was next to my house. They were from all over south jersey.
I would cam through the parking lot with my TA Challenger to get their attention.
Most of my friends went to that school and I would get the low down on any interested babes.
Great times.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I loved the girls at the catholic high school that was next to my house. They were from all over south jersey.
I would cam through the parking lot with my TA Challenger to get their attention.
Most of my friends went to that school and I would get the low down on any interested babes.
Great times.
Our school was all guys...6 blocks away was Mt Mercy academy...(all girls)...on Thursday nights the local 8th mile drags would run...I raced my 69 RR every wk...the drags would shut down @ 11..no way was I layin under the car @ 11pm to bolt up the flange thrush mufflers...Fri morning I would drive to school with open headers..(and numbers still on the windows)..me and my buddies would do burnouts in front of the girls school..the chicks loved it...the nuns..not so much..figured out who I was..called my school...I got banned from drivin my own car to school on Fridays...I was a junior...It was a glorious time