Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

C8 Z06 Info

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Dry weight of the Z06 with the carbon wheels and ceramic rotors is 3434 according to the GM PR. Not super light, but no heavyweight either. Of course that's no fluids at all. Maybe add 100 lbs. or so for a full tank of fuel, oil, coolant, etc.
First let me say, I'm keeping my car. I enjoy it too much. But . . . I'm on the order list with a local dealer and a larger national dealer for the Z06. I'm being honest with myself and know it's unlikely I'll get a first year car and maybe not even a 2nd year car, but I'm keeping the faith. Some day . . .
Next spring when the order banks open and I get a better idea of dealer allocations and where I stand, I may have to decide on a placeholder car to hold me over until the Z06 is available.
Depending on pricing, I plan to do the whole shebang with the Z06 - build my engine in Bowling Green, watch the car build, start it at the end of the line, and take delivery at the museum. I won't be ordering the ceramic rotors or carbon wheels.
This and my Challenger will be my retirement cars.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Dry weight of the Z06 with the carbon wheels and ceramic rotors is 3434 according to the GM PR. Not super light, but no heavyweight either. Of course that's no fluids at all. Maybe add 100 lbs. or so for a full tank of fuel, oil, coolant, etc.
First let me say, I'm keeping my car. I enjoy it too much. But . . . I'm on the order list with a local dealer and a larger national dealer for the Z06. I'm being honest with myself and know it's unlikely I'll get a first year car and maybe not even a 2nd year car, but I'm keeping the faith. Some day . . .
Next spring when the order banks open and I get a better idea of dealer allocations and where I stand, I may have to decide on a placeholder car to hold me over until the Z06 is available.
Depending on pricing, I plan to do the whole shebang with the Z06 - build my engine in Bowling Green, watch the car build, start it at the end of the line, and take delivery at the museum. I won't be ordering the ceramic rotors or carbon wheels.
This and my Challenger will be my retirement cars.
Awesome post...and plan!

So you are on multiple lists. Mind if I ask why? I thought about doing that too to have more options on timing. They are telling me its 2-3 years till I get mine (I'm 25th on a list of 25.) I got in the last slot so I am not complaining and I really don't mind waiting since I may be moving in a year, so things are in flux. They aren't taking any more orders at this dealership, at least until they actually deliver a few. Maybe I can get on another list and get lucky with a slightly earlier build. For me, though it's MSRP or I'm not buying (which is what my local dealership is honoring). I called about 10 dealers and that was the only one. Some were as high as 70K over sticker. Reminds me of what some dealers wanted for the Demon. Gimme us a break with the massive ADMs. That said, I'm sure some ppl will still go for it. I plan to order it as light as possible. Z07 with carbon wheels and rotors decked out in orange/black with black body stripes. Why aren't you going lightweight if you don't mind me asking? 3434 is pretty good imo. Relative to a 4400-4500lb HC, the 670HP is more like a 770 equivalent.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I have gotten on a local dealer list who sells very few Vettes and am in the top 10. I'm on another list of a top 7 dealer but don't know my place yet. I'm betting 200 or larger.
I'm not going with carbon wheels or cc rotors due to cost for the original parts as well as spares. Steel rotors will serve me just fine as will aluminum wheels. I'll save that money to spend on sets of tires and brake pads.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...Steel rotors will serve me just fine as will aluminum wheels. I'll save that money to spend on sets of tires and brake pads.

:unsure:

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #85
You are going to think both of us are nuts. I agree. AND, I am on a “local” list too. Same opinion, if I can get one, it will be without the ceramic brakes and CF wheels. I will even option mine with the smallest rear spoiler.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
You are going to think both of us are nuts. I agree. AND, I am on a “local” list too. Same opinion, if I can get one, it will be without the ceramic brakes and CF wheels. I will even option mine with the smallest rear spoiler.
That small rear spoiler is actually really cool.. it almost looks like an exaggerated version of the Charger spoiler.. except looks much easier to put the wickerbill on it.. apparently with the wickerbill it gives as much as like 380lbs downforce at 186

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
That small rear spoiler is actually really cool.. it almost looks like an exaggerated version of the Charger spoiler.. except looks much easier to put the wickerbill on it.. apparently with the wickerbill it gives as much as like 380lbs downforce at 186
I agree, the smaller standard one looks really good. I hate the big funky Z07 spoiler.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
The bigger spoiler is ok, but only if you're actually on the track...

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I agree, the smaller standard one looks really good. I hate the big funky Z07 spoiler.
And as someone mentioned.. the Z07 Boyracer Canards 😄😂

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
At this rate I'm not even going to bother to ask any dealers.

I would likely have to give up my charger now and wait two years just for a crack at one. No thanks.
That's a lot of money for a 426 and twins...

...or my pro street chevelle project. Still in the works

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #91
Oh boy! We get 165 +\- at BIR with a Hellcat or C7 now. Think that sucker will get over 170? We do have to slow a bit and test our brakes at that spot, but, that will make turn 1 a real test of the size of ones nuts! I know it should really be able to zip those corners better, but it will be a challenge to get those thoughts into my brain. I am sure even a force of a couple 100 extra will be interesting. That particular corner has a bit of a bank also:D

I am convinced it will be a few years yet, but we shall see how lucky some of us can get.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The bigger spoiler is ok, but only if you're actually on the track...
Absolutely. If you actually use it as intended it's fine. But since most will probably never see a track, it (and the canards) are just goofy decoration for Cars & Coffee. Same for something like the 911 GT3. I'd take a Touring version all day long for a DD. But I'd buy the standard version with the giant swan neck wing if it was going to see regular track duty.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Absolutely. If you actually use it as intended it's fine. But since most will probably never see a track, it (and the canards) are just goofy decoration for Cars & Coffee. Same for something like the 911 GT3. I'd take a Touring version all day long for a DD. But I'd buy the standard version with the giant swan neck wing if it was going to see regular track duty.

You know, it's funny you say that..

It seems "I know a guy" with the canards, but he actually uses them, so he gets a thumbs up.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
You know, it's funny you say that..

It seems "I know a guy" with the canards, but he actually uses them, so he gets a thumbs up.
I love people that use expensive toys as intended and not just for garage decoration! Not that it's the same deal, but I know of a guy with an original '65 GT350 and he drives that thing all over and tracks it. He'll also drive out, participate in an event, then drive back same day. Won't stay in a hotel for fear of it getting stolen overnight.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
For sure I'm getting the Z07 aero. It will be worth time on the track, without costing more for maintenance, and the track is where I will have fun with the car.
If my wait for a Z06 is too long I'll get a C8 and do similar things to what I've done to my Challenger - aero, big tires and wheels and brakes. Then I'll keep waiting on a Z06. 😉

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Just a funny thought comes to mind after reading all the comments about the Z,s with No super Chargers and the GT 350 puddle jumpers with no SC as well that has room for ass and a gallon of gas and yer ballz hung out and you lost em! .....then the talk goes to ordering Z's with with duel Turbo Chargers LMAO! I love my Hellcat! Plenty of room for my ass gallons of gas and my big balls to the walls!!!

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
I bought a Hellcat lol.... Like the Vets okay but Love the Hellcats! Hellcat Kits coming to the neighborhoods!

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
:unsure:

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #99
It still will be an amazing runner. We will be ok.

We both know we will go out and lap it until we get tired of it, and don’t want to replace those brakes, I don’t even want to know what a replacement CF wheel may cost. Plus my car will need to NOT wear black wheels, I hate black wheels.