Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As a consolation prize, I really like the PCP Super Bee.

Called a couple of dealers
First one 50k over sticker.
Nope.
Make offer?
Sticker......

Next dealer 10k over.

I think these cars will sit. 80k+ for a Scat Pack?!
I wanted the B5 one.

I had a dealer with 1 of the insignificant last call cars tell me $10K adm. I offered msrp, then I went $5k adm.

A manager then called me and said that $10K was in concrete and he was going to take me off the list.

I responded that he can but when the time comes, he just might need me.

Who knows what is going to happen? I was willing to secure with a contract and a deposit.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
no way I would pay even MSRP for ANY Scat Pack, special colors and stickers or not. Don't get me wrong - I just bought one and it is awesome, but no.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
no way I would pay even MSRP for ANY Scat Pack, special colors and stickers or not.
That's a big 10-4.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Let's say the car turned out to be another sticker car and everyone that put money down backed out. You think the dealers would have said this is a binding contract and kept your money if you didn't buy it? Funny how it works one way and not the other :unsure:
Legally they can't, but yeah I'm sure they would try it.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
no way I would pay even MSRP for ANY Scat Pack, special colors and stickers or not. Don't get me wrong - I just bought one and it is awesome, but no.
None of these cars are worth their sticker prices except maybe the demon, and even that I think is just a tiny bit higher than what it's actually worth minus the nameplate.

The sticker on my '23 redeye is 98k.... it was 91 last year and 88k in 2021. Who knows what the sticker will look like once built, 101k? 105k?

We are well beyond the territory of these cars being the hands down best bang for buck, loaded m5 comps are 120kish with technology that's fairly new, an interior that isn't from 2008, and build quality not equivalent to a 25k sxt.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Precisely the reason I wouldn’t gamble by putting money down way back before it was clear that something special was truly coming at us
I am somewhat of a gambler...in this situation I placed a deposit months ago on # 7...and was never quite sure if the dealer was going to get one...how special it would be...or if I would even like it...had I not...I know I never would have got one...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's definitely a multitude of ways they could have approached this to give previous owners a reasonable and fair opportunity to purchase the 170.
I'm not so sure previous Demon ownership should be a consideration in who gets these cars...it might not be fair to those that never got the chance in 2018...

Member ID
Reactions
City
MB
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I'm not so sure previous Demon ownership should be a consideration in who gets these cars...it might not be fair to those that never got the chance in 2018...
I think it would be fair to offer allocations to original Demon owners who kept their cars and didn't flip them. I have a feeling that number is lower than some imagine.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Remember a few of years ago when Dodge was talking about their future and this car was under the cover? They were starting to talk electric but by the front of this car it is not electric. What is this?

1679828885317.png

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I like this one because it's a 1320 Charger. Definitely unique.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Remember a few of years ago when Dodge was talking about their future and this car was under the cover? They were starting to talk electric but by the front of this car it is not electric. What is this?

View attachment 101582
Looks like a Charger to me.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I think it would be fair to offer allocations to original Demon owners who kept their cars and didn't flip them. I have a feeling that number is lower than some imagine.
My guess is about 1200 still have their original Demon.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My guess is about 1200 still have their original Demon.
That sure would be more then what I would think

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I still have mine and love it so much that the only way it leaves my hands is when I'm dead. Then it will go to my long time friend of 46 years which I hope will race it with my more recent good friends I have met through the 2 Hellcat Forums. Of course one or two of them may not be around either because of age, lol. After that, I wont care. But if I could acquire one of the Demon 170's, I would. Right now many of our Insurance companies will not insure a vehicle if they are over 550-600 HP. I had to fight with mine to keep the Demon insured, and the conditions I made with them was that they will insure only the Demon I have now and no other vehicles that are over that HP rating. And no, I can't find another Insurance company as they either have a HP limit as well or they want 5 to 6 times the money I'm paying now which is $900 a year. I do like some of the improvements made on the driveline, but I really like that they simplified the Transbrake. The only thing that is a bit of a nuisance is the use of E85 as we do not have it here in Canada except at a race fuel seller which is not cheap unless that changes and we get E85 at the pumps. I also don't care that they came out with another version of a Demon. I think it is great that they did. I do hate one last subject though, the f**king dealers that charge a ADM.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I still have mine and love it so much that the only way it leaves my hands is when I'm dead. Then it will go to my long time friend of 46 years which I hope will race it with my more recent good friends I have met through the 2 Hellcat Forums. Of course one or two of them may not be around either because of age, lol. After that, I wont care. But if I could acquire one of the Demon 170's, I would. Right now many of our Insurance companies will not insure a vehicle if they are over 550-600 HP. I had to fight with mine to keep the Demon insured, and the conditions I made with them was that they will insure only the Demon I have now and no other vehicles that are over that HP rating. And no, I can't find another Insurance company as they either have a HP limit as well or they want 5 to 6 times the money I'm paying now which is $900 a year. I do like some of the inprovements made on the driveline, but I really like that they simplified the Transbrake. The only thing that is a bit of a nuisance is the use of E85 as we do not have it here in Canada except at a race fuel seller which is not cheap unless that changes and we get E85 at the pumps. I also don't care that they came out with another version of a Demon. I think it is great that they did. I do hate one last subject though, the f**king dealers that charge a ADM.
$900 canadain for a year would be cheap. Mine is $1400 a year but Michigan is one of the highest states:mad:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
$900 canadain for a year would be cheap. Mine is $1400 a year but Michigan is one of the highest states:mad:
Ouch!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
$847 a year for an agreed value policy with Grundy, no mention of horsepower.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I seen how you crazy bastards drive

LOLOLOLOL