Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
We had a good conversation about that. I really don’t understand Tim’s motivation for that though. Bonus for dealers - why?
It would be hard to be in his position, because no matter what you do, someone's going to get pissed off.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
If I owned a beer distributor ship I’d consider bringing him on as a taste tester.🤣
That's a questionable business move. I think he would drink all of the profits.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Rare car = markups (supply/demand).

Other option would be a random lottery for all 3,300 at MSRP. My guess is many, if not all buyers, will turn around and sell for +$150k markups anyway.

So, give markup money to complete stranger buyers (lottery idea) or reward loyal dealers who are likely going to struggle in this EV transition with the markup money?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Other option would be a random lottery for all 3,300 at MSRP. My guess is many, if not all buyers, will turn around and sell for +$150k markups anyway.

So, give markup money to complete stranger buyers (lottery idea) or reward loyal dealers who are likely going to struggle in this EV transition with the markup money?
My thought is if a dealer is that shaky financially this car isn’t gonna save ‘em.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I look at it this way. He’ll show up for work everyday come hell or high water. I‘ll have him lead tours so everyone knows how good the product is.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

So, give markup money to complete stranger buyers (lottery idea) or reward loyal dealers who are liki
ely going to struggle in this EV transition with the markup money?
I like the lottery idea with having to own it for at least 2 years. Also the original demon owners that still have theirs get a chance 1st off

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Also the guys that have a demon and been racing them get 2nd chance

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
It would be hard to be in his position, because no matter what you do, someone's going to get pissed off.
I agree it’s a tough position to be in, but Tim is on solid ground with the dealers. He’s been a Godsend for them. If there is any vulnerability it comes from the customers. If there’s a major sales slump, Tim is vulnerable, not the dealers. The dealers would still have a dealership and the extra few hundred grand a dealer is making on these allocations isn’t going to make or break a dealership.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I agree it’s a tough position to be in, but Tim is on solid ground with the dealers. He’s been a Godsend for them. If there is any vulnerability it comes from the customers. If there’s a major sales slump, Tim is vulnerable, not the dealers. The dealers would still have a dealership and the extra few hundred grand a dealer is making on these allocations isn’t going to make or break a dealership.
I agree, I just didn't want to totally look at it from my own , egocentric point of view. Certainly, I wish the favoritism was pushed towards the consumers. With the first level of favoritism going to previous demon owners who achieved 190 mph plus in half mile racing and those of you who achieved the sub 10 second quarter mile, with the stock demon. Lol.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My only counter to the idea of giving dealerships a bonus for their sendoff with this vehicle is really, what is a few hundred thousand dollars to a typical dealership that sells hundreds of vehicles every year.

Sure, it's something, but it's not like it's going to change their year to a banner year.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Since I’m not privy to the auto manufacturing corporate mentality, it’s possible that the presidents of various brands see their clients as the dealerships. They then expect the dealerships to look at us as clients.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
Since I’m not privy to the auto manufacturing corporate mentality, it’s possible that the presidents of various brands see their clients as the dealerships. They then expect the dealerships to look at us as clients.
Listen here, any rational thinking, will not be tolerated.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
All this excitement and they only deliver 2K cars. Far too many "ifs" from Tim.

BTW, my buddy woke up this morning and canceled his order. I'm sure hundreds more are or will do the same.
Paying 200k for a 30k Dodge? Enjoy.
The hype is dying down and realization is setting in.

There will be allocations available right up to the last day to place an order.

Several dealers around me played this game with the Jailbreaks. Then one day, Dodge yanked them all and said see you in 2023. Those dealers got hosed on selling a car to make money on at MSRP because they wouldn't come off of 10-20k markups.

If I get one at MSRP, i'll order the CF wheels and seats. If I have to pay a markup up to 10-15k, i'll leave the wheels off and take it. If that deal doesn't exist, I'll grab my local dealer's scat wb allocation and put a 426TT in it. I'm sure the beefed up rear end from the 170 will be available from DC. Barth just put up a TT RE making over 1500whp. More than one way to pull this off

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
As someone who operates in a manufacturing setting that resembles the auto industry, this thinking is correct.
However, we don't tolerate bullshit from distributors either. It makes the brand look bad and drives away customers. People talk, and at trade shows you get a lot of people who like to talk. One bad seller can drive away major buyers and has driven them away.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
First off, how many dealers are Dodge only? They had a contraction/realignment back in mid 2000s that pretty much folded Dodge/Ram, Jeep, and Chrysler under 1 roof. My city lost its Chrysler dealership and one of the Jeep dealerships and they folded into the Dodge one.
So I am going to assume not many if any.

That means, they have Jeeps and Rams to float their dealership. If they are struggling to sell Jeeps and Rams, then they probably deserve to close. Because all you see on the road are trucks and suvs.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
First off, how many dealers are Dodge only? They had a contraction/realignment back in mid 2000s that pretty much folded Dodge/Ram, Jeep, and Chrysler under 1 roof. My city lost its Chrysler dealership and one of the Jeep dealerships and they folded into the Dodge one.
So I am going to assume not many if any.

That means, they have Jeeps and Rams to float their dealership. If they are struggling to sell Jeeps and Rams, then they probably deserve to close. Because all you see on the road are trucks and suvs.

~3000

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
~3000 total, 'not sure how many are "Dodge only"

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I have feelings

Or not

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Paying 200k for a 30k Dodge? Enjoy.
The hype is dying down and realization is setting in.

There will be allocations available right up to the last day to place an order.

Several dealers around me played this game with the Jailbreaks. Then one day, Dodge yanked them all and said see you in 2023. Those dealers got hosed on selling a car to make money on at MSRP because they wouldn't come off of 10-20k markups.

If I get one at MSRP, i'll order the CF wheels and seats. If I have to pay a markup up to 10-15k, i'll leave the wheels off and take it. If that deal doesn't exist, I'll grab my local dealer's scat wb allocation and put a 426TT in it. I'm sure the beefed up rear end from the 170 will be available from DC. Barth just put up a TT RE making over 1500whp. More than one way to pull this off
I have built cars for cheaper and faster then the flagship car at the time