Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Exactly. I'm having fatigue issues. Until I get it worked out, I'm staying parked.
You or the car? If you, hope you feel better

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m already over it. My car will be faster one day. And for half the price before adm

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I’m already over it. My car will be faster one day. And for half the price before adm

I'm not quite there yet, but I have no doubt in the next couple of days my suspicion will be confirmed.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm not quite there yet, but I have no doubt in the next couple of days my suspicion will be confirmed.
What’s your suspicion?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
What’s your suspicion?

That I'm not coughing up at least $50k in ADM, or even anything close to it...

Like many are saying, all of the verbal agreements that they had, or I have(had), seem to be vaporizing. Even as late as this past December, me and the wife went in and sat down with the GM/owner at the local dealership and had a spot and a MSRP price...

:(

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You or the car? If you, hope you feel better
Me. I'll be riding around on my baby atv.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That I'm not coughing up at least $50k in ADM, or even anything close to it...

Like many are saying, all of the verbal agreements that they had, or I have(had), seem to be vaporizing. Even as late as this past December, me and the wife went in and sat down with the GM/owner at the local dealership and had a spot and a MSRP price...

:(
Did you @ least leave a deposit and get the agreement in writing..

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Did you @ least leave a deposit and get the agreement in writing..

They explicitly refused, I even pushed the issue. Based on my experience with our DSRT, I put my faith in them. Also based on the offers I got for the Car1 thru 6 special editions that they called me on. As well as two allocations for HCs and REs that they had just after that.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I am at 175 calls to dealers in my call history, and that does not include about 25-30 between my friends and texts etc.....My Trusted dealer got 2 and they decided to keep both for themselves. Unreal......

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I am at 175 calls to dealers in my call history, and that does not include about 25-30 between my friends and texts etc.....My Trusted dealer got 2 and they decided to keep both for themselves. Unreal......

My input on this is that I think that MUCH of the response from these dealers is a bit of defensive/reactionary responses, and are "feeling" the market out by stating these crazy ADMs.

So the point is that I think some of this ADM bs will temper a bit before it's all done...

..."think"...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They explicitly refused, I even pushed the issue. Based on my experience with our DSRT, I put my faith in them. Also based on the offers I got for the Car1 thru 6 special editions that they called me on. As well as two allocations for HCs and REs that they had just after that.
My dealer was somewhat reluctant as well ...@ the time they had no info at all on the car..and said they didn't feel comfortable holding my deposit that long..($2000) I made it clear I would never patronize the dealership again.... I reminded them I bought my first Viper from them in 97...and every Dodge truck and car since...surprisingly as late as Sema...they had only a couple of inquires...I really didn't think they would get an allotment...since Monday they get calls every day..I really got lucky ...now to break the news to my wife:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My input on this is that I think that MUCH of the response from these dealers is a bit of defensive/reactionary responses, and are "feeling" the market out by stating these crazy ADMs.

So the point is that I think some of this ADM bs will temper a bit before it's all done...

..."think"...
I would tend to agree...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
My dealer was somewhat reluctant as well ...@ the time they had no info at all on the car..and said they didn't feel comfortable holding my deposit that long..($2000) I made it clear I would never patronize the dealership again.... I reminded them I bought my first Viper from them in 97...and every Dodge truck and car since...surprisingly as late as Sema...they had only a couple of inquires...I really didn't think they would get an allotment...since Monday they get calls every day..I really got lucky ...now to break the news to my wife:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tell her you'll sell one of your bikes....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Tell her you'll sell one of your bikes....
My son asked me if mom knows...I warned him..if you rat me out on this one...I'm leavin everything to the SPCA when I die..(he's an only child)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, I was coming up on looking for my next hot rod. I had hoped there'd be another option that was an improvement over what I already have. If they had made a Redeye 170 I'd have probably upgraded, if it were priced "normal". I don't pay even MSRP for cars, just bad business much less ADM. Gotta wonder how many sales Dodge/Stellantis will lose after 2023 and what their business looks like 2024 and 2025. My prediction is bleak.

The Demon 170 is cool and has some nice tech, but like the original Demon I expect it won't be that great of a street car. The Redeye 170 would have been that nice bridge for those of us that drive them a lot.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well, I was coming up on looking for my next hot rod. I had hoped there'd be another option that was an improvement over what I already have. If they had made a Redeye 170 I'd have probably upgraded, if it were priced "normal". I don't pay even MSRP for cars, just bad business much less ADM. Gotta wonder how many sales Dodge/Stellantis will lose after 2023 and what their business looks like 2024 and 2025. My prediction is bleak.

The Demon 170 is cool and has some nice tech, but like the original Demon I expect it won't be that great of a street car. The Redeye 170 would have been that nice bridge for those of us that drive them a lot.
I get it...I didn't buy my cars with the intention of racing them..and I never drive them in inclement weather...I do enjoy them when I can...and that's why I bought them

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

You have no contacts after your stint? I think everyone needs to push Dodge to go about this a different way before the orders start. I would be doing everything possible if I was going to buy one. The dealership isn't the place to go it is above. Hell Dodge could up the price 10k more for the hassle and I think most would be fine with that and go through them

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You have no contacts after your stint? I think everyone needs to push Dodge to go about this a different way before the orders start. I would be doing everything possible if I was going to buy one. The dealership isn't the place to go it is above. Hell Dodge could up the price 10k more for the hassle and I think most would be fine with that and go through them
Do you ever even see the kid who won? The contest was the marketing ploy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm not sure how they worked the allotments...I don't like the whole ADM crap either..and dealers keeping them...I'm not sure what would have been fair...this scenario sure wasn't...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm not sure how they worked the allotments...I don't like the whole ADM crap either..and dealers keeping them...I'm not sure what would have been fair...this scenario sure wasn't...
All this excitement and they only deliver 2K cars. Far too many "ifs" from Tim.

BTW, my buddy woke up this morning and canceled his order. I'm sure hundreds more are or will do the same.