Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All this excitement and they only deliver 2K cars. Far too many "ifs" from Tim.

BTW, my buddy woke up this morning and canceled his order. I'm sure hundreds more are or will do the same.
Why did he cancel:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Felt that $55K over wasn't in his best interest. To much money.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You have no contacts after your stint?
:ROFLMAO: they wouldn't even send me 25 Scat Pack back packs to hand out at Challengerfest!

Which I'll probably rename Speedy's Big Fun Track Race :rolleyes:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Maybe the CDM is tucked away somewhere, intensely studying up on all the facts and features of the Hornet line for his last month of gig...:rolleyes:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
:ROFLMAO: they wouldn't even send me 25 Scat Pack back packs to hand out at Challengerfest!

That means furd's and chebys can come?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Get what you are saying but thought I would ask. I see everyone complaining about adm but I'm not hearing anyone doing anything. If I were in the position to get a car they would know who I am. Would it change anything, maybe, maybe not but I would be in the fight

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Get what you are saying but thought I would ask. I see everyone complaining about adm but I'm not hearing anyone doing anything. If I were in the position to get a car they would know who I am. Would it change anything, maybe, maybe not but I would be in the fight
My take is that it's intentional to support the dealers for what's likely coming. 10 ways they coulda done this better if they really wanted.

I have some contacts and think I could get one if I wanted but I don't so not gonna waste people's time. Bad ass car just not the style that fits mine so figure if they can make some bucks let em.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Felt that $55K over wasn't in his best interest. To much money.
Cant say that I blame him...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My take is that it's intentional to support the dealers for what's likely coming. 10 ways they coulda done this better if they really wanted.

I have some contacts and think I could get one if I wanted but I don't so not gonna waste people's time. Bad ass car just not the style that fits mine so figure if they can make some bucks let em.
We're pretty much on the same page here with what we think is happening. Could be an exit bonus.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Someone on another platform brought up a good point. Assuming a lot of the Demon 107 owners will not drive them very much and keep as investments. Isn't long term storage with E85 somewhat corrosive to the fuel system? Easy solution would be to keep filled with 93 octane? Just curious...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Someone on another platform brought up a good point. Assuming a lot of the Demon 107 owners will not drive them very much and keep as investments. Isn't long term storage with E85 somewhat corrosive to the fuel system? Easy solution would be to keep filled with 93 octane? Just curious...
Yep. Just keep ethanol free race gas in it with a conditioner would be my suggestion.

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

Set me up a deal then. I will pay up to $25K over and go anywhere in the lower 48. Just sayin......

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I read the same thing and just shrugged my shoulders. Why would anyone put e85 in it to begin with if they are not going to drive it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Set me up a deal then. I will pay up to $25K over and go anywhere in the lower 48. Just sayin......
Unless you made a prior deal, your chances are very slim at that price. In my opinion.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon

I agree 100%. This is exactly the conversation that I had with @Demon1 yesterday. Tim is extremely intelligent and knew exactly what was going to take place with the 170 model. If they really wanted to do something, other than a token offer to previous demon owners or even Dodge consumers in general, they could have easily constructed it that way. The hype about building MSRP cars first, looks good and sound to the uninitiated; however, those of us who went through the first demon debacle, know that that carries little merit or weight.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
My son asked me if mom knows...I warned him..if you rat me out on this one...I'm leavin everything to the SPCA when I die..(he's an only child)
I m an orphan

Just saying

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I m an orphan

Just saying
What @Bowtie Guy really wants to ask is:

Is there any beer involved??? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£. He is a very thirsty orphan! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. Your welcome @Bowtie Guy.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I agree 100%. This is exactly the conversation that I had with @Demon1 yesterday. Tim is extremely intelligent and knew exactly what was going to take place with the 170 model. If they really wanted to do something, other than a token offer to previous demon owners or even Dodge consumers in general, they could have easily constructed it that way. The hype about building MSRP cars first, looks good and sound to the uninitiated; however, those of us who went through the first demon debacle, know that that carries little merit or weight.
We had a good conversation about that. I really don’t understand Tim’s motivation for that though. Bonus for dealers - why?

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
What @Bowtie Guy really wants to ask is:

Is there any beer involved??? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£. He is a very thirsty orphan! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚. Your welcome @Bowtie Guy.

If I owned a beer distributor ship I’d consider bringing him on as a taste tester.🀣