Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I don't plan on getting rid of mine either. Hoping I can get a 170 when information drops on allocation for Canada.

So I thought of the E85 this way. In my opinion this is a advancement and improvement over the original Demon. We need race fuel to run the HO tune, the new tune auto adjusts to fuel. Buy a pail of E85 for less than race fuel and get all the performance auto adjusting at the track, leave the track and go to the gas station fill up with 91 and drive home at 900 hp without having to touch a thing.
Well the good news is that

Personally I think 300 demons is almost too much for canada, in theory you should have a much easier time obtaining an allocation at msrp or a reasonable markup than us in the US.

I also think ur on the right track with e85, just buy it by the barrel and then mix it in the tank, you might have to bleed the fuel lines if you wanna get maximum use of the e85 but a factory flex fuel tune is something the entire hellcat community would kill for in a stock car.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
They specifically talked about that during the release. It's going to be a specific RPM set and then full throttle application. Not the old, modulating the throttle in a certain RPM range.
No where does it say you can go WOT. Would that not be the same as using Launch Control only difference is you are launching off the brake pedal VS a paddle? I know technically the trans brake locks the trans internally VS the service brakes. But I bet the torque converter in front is still doing the same thing either way........

Next-generation TransBrake 2.0
TransBrake 2.0, a second-generation version of the first-ever feature that debuted on the original 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, is reborn with patent-pending updates that allow the driver to configure and select from multiple launch-torque profiles to match the engine power delivery to specific track conditions, technology used in competitive drag racing. TransBrake 2.0 is accessed quickly through an easily reachable new button located near the center console, taking the driver straight to the TransBrake Performance Page on the main display screen.

Drivers can dial-in launch and shift torque settings with a memory function that can be customized to different grip surfaces — high grip, medium grip or low grip — to choose the increased engine torque and vehicle launch settings that best fit the surface on which the vehicle is running.

TransBrake allows engine throttle to be increased up to 2,350 rpm and generates greater powertrain energy with maximum torque converter multiplication, an up to 110% increase in engine stall torque compared to brake torque, and produces up to 15% more torque at the rear tires during launch.

As with the original Demon, TransBrake will work in conjunction with another of the vehicle’s purpose-built features, Torque Reserve, which is automatically enabled when using Launch Control and TransBrake and also works when using foot torque braking. Torque Reserve opens the throttle and prepositions the supercharger bypass valve, delivering excess air, and controls torque supply by changing spark events and timing. Torque Reserve maintains supercharger airflow, provides faster engine torque response and improved vehicle acceleration and creates a unique exhaust note.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
No where does it say you can go WOT. Would that not be the same as using Launch Control only difference is you are launching off the brake pedal VS a paddle? I know technically the trans brake locks the trans internally VS the service brakes. But I bet the torque converter in front is still doing the same thing either way........

Next-generation TransBrake 2.0
TransBrake 2.0, a second-generation version of the first-ever feature that debuted on the original 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, is reborn with patent-pending updates that allow the driver to configure and select from multiple launch-torque profiles to match the engine power delivery to specific track conditions, technology used in competitive drag racing. TransBrake 2.0 is accessed quickly through an easily reachable new button located near the center console, taking the driver straight to the TransBrake Performance Page on the main display screen.

Drivers can dial-in launch and shift torque settings with a memory function that can be customized to different grip surfaces — high grip, medium grip or low grip — to choose the increased engine torque and vehicle launch settings that best fit the surface on which the vehicle is running.

TransBrake allows engine throttle to be increased up to 2,350 rpm and generates greater powertrain energy with maximum torque converter multiplication, an up to 110% increase in engine stall torque compared to brake torque, and produces up to 15% more torque at the rear tires during launch.

As with the original Demon, TransBrake will work in conjunction with another of the vehicle’s purpose-built features, Torque Reserve, which is automatically enabled when using Launch Control and TransBrake and also works when using foot torque braking. Torque Reserve opens the throttle and prepositions the supercharger bypass valve, delivering excess air, and controls torque supply by changing spark events and timing. Torque Reserve maintains supercharger airflow, provides faster engine torque response and improved vehicle acceleration and creates a unique exhaust note.
It looks like I misinterpreted what Tim was saying during the reveal. He said that you can go WOT after the system was dialed in. He was referring to after the green, though.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I don't plan on getting rid of mine either. Hoping I can get a 170 when information drops on allocation for Canada.

So I thought of the E85 this way. In my opinion this is a advancement and improvement over the original Demon. We need race fuel to run the HO tune, the new tune auto adjusts to fuel. Buy a pail of E85 for less than race fuel and get all the performance auto adjusting at the track, leave the track and go to the gas station fill up with 91 and drive home at 900 hp without having to touch a thing.
The problem with that idea is E85 is not cheaper here then what I can get race fuel for when you take account that you burn 30-35% more of the E85. Also you can't store E85 for very long. Plus I do not drive my Demon to the track, I trailer it which I would do even with the Demon 170 should I decide to get one because you never know when something breaks on it. My old saying that I have lived by is, "Anything man made can and will break eventually", and that is true no matter how strong something is made.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I don't think they simplified the trans brake. Not sure exactly what makes you think that?
Well they did. They even mentioned how much easier they made it to use and set up and called it "Transbrake 2.0". Not the bullshit that you have to go through to use it on the present Demon. I got this info from an associate of mine that is friends with Tim K.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The problem with that idea is E85 is not cheaper here then what I can get race fuel for when you take account that you burn 30-35% more of the E85. Also you can't store E85 for very long. Plus I do not drive my Demon to the track, I trailer it which I would do even with the Demon 170 should I decide to get one because you never know when something breaks on it. My old saying that I have lived by is, "Anything man made can and will break eventually", and that is true no matter how strong something is made.
E85 must be really high where you are at . It is $2.25 by me right now 93 is $4.20

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
E85 must be really high where you are at . It is $2.25 by me right now
Is that for a liter or a gallon. It is $2.60 a liter here. I think they are just ripping us off because we would have to get it through the race fuel outlets since it is not available at the pumps here like you guys do. I have heard that it maybe available at the pumps in B.C. but haven't comfirmed that.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My guess is about 1200 still have their original Demon.
Wow that's less than half in only 5 years...I would have guessed @ least 2/3rds would still have them...

Member ID
Reactions
City
MB
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
For me locally a 5 gallon pail of E85 is $100 plus tax and MS100 is $170 so it is cheaper but I do agree, buying and caring for a 55 gallon drum would be a pain. I agree and my car is trailered as well, it is just a nice feature if a person ever planned to do a drag and drive event. Car would be perfectly fit for something like that.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Is that for a liter or a gallon. It is $2.60 a liter here. I think they are just ripping us off because we would have to get it through the race fuel outlets since it is not available at the pumps here like you guys do. I have heard that it maybe available at the pumps in B.C. but haven't comfirmed that.
everything is a gallon in the US.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Well the good news is that

Personally I think 300 demons is almost too much for canada, in theory you should have a much easier time obtaining an allocation at msrp or a reasonable markup than us in the US.

I also think ur on the right track with e85, just buy it by the barrel and then mix it in the tank, you might have to bleed the fuel lines if you wanna get maximum use of the e85 but a factory flex fuel tune is something the entire hellcat community would kill for in a stock car.
Base price over here out the door is 160K
We can t afford a markup
&
Its not easy trying to get 1 of 300 trust me

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
@jroyk that's what I figured, but also includes the crazy inflation right now as well. I get it, is what it is, but even that is "inflated" (see what I did there) :LOL:

I don't believe most people's paycheck is 26.9% more now than it was in 2015? Maybe I'm wrong there though.
Inflation has absolutely nothing to do with peoples paychecks! Just sayin
They're not going up the same as the inflation increases, if paychecks went up at the same rate there would not be inflation? Correct?? It's all relative

Last edited:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
For me locally a 5 gallon pail of E85 is $100 plus tax and MS100 is $170 so it is cheaper but I do agree, buying and caring for a 55 gallon drum would be a pain. I agree and my car is trailered as well, it is just a nice feature if a person ever planned to do a drag and drive event. Car would be perfectly fit for something like that.
Never used MS100 unless that is a spelling mistake. I use MS109 and paid less then what you did for MS100. The region you live in may have a bearing in that. Also I'm able to buy it at a local Indian reservation which is a VP dealer so that helps with the cost.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Never used MS100 unless that is a spelling mistake. I use MS109 and paid less then what you did for MS100. The region you live in may have a bearing in that. Also I'm able to buy it at a local Indian reservation which is a VP dealer so that helps with the cost.
MS109 is $100 from the VP truck and $125-130 from dealers around here, if they have it. I've had to use Sunoco 260 because of it.

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
Where are you buying your MS109? I will be buying some here shortly and would like to check their prices.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
no way I would pay even MSRP for ANY Scat Pack, special colors and stickers or not. Don't get me wrong - I just bought one and it is awesome, but no.
I can justify it because its the only car of the last 6 that is something new.
Charger never got the transbrake
And the Challenger never got a widebody version of the 1320.

To me, the widebody Charger Super Bee is the car to have if you can't get the Demon.

Im curious if the Super Bee transbrake is the revised version in the Demon 170 or if its the same as the 1320

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I can justify it because its the only car of the last 6 that is something new.
Charger never got the transbrake
And the Challenger never got a widebody version of the 1320.

To me, the widebody Charger Super Bee is the car to have if you can't get the Demon.

Im curious if the Super Bee transbrake is the revised version in the Demon 170 or if its the same as the 1320
The sleeze has pushed me out of the ring.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Or we've become conditioned to think that's a good price for the 170. If we start from a realistic msrp for a Redeye at $80K does it have $23K worth of added hardware? I'm not sure just playing devils advocate.
From a cost stand point, I don't think it does.

They can say they upgraded blah blah blah.
Realistically, they tooled up new stuff for 3,300 new units.
They make money on the car at 30k MSRP on the SXT.

They are not reinventing the wheel here. They are doing what the aftermarket has been doing with these cars since they figured out how to tune them. Only took 7 years but here we are.

Bigger blower...check
stronger drive shaft....check
stronger diff....check
e85 and upgraded fuel system....check
better tires on 17s....check (and i wish they would have stuck a 15" wheel on there but that probably required a new brake setup)

Demon suspension was already great
Beefier engine internals is something anyone is going to do to push 4digit HP anyway.

I don't think it cost IHI any more money to produce the 3.0L supercharger vs the 2.7 or 2.4.

They were just looking to cash in. And honestly, they should have brought this car out in 2022 and had an unlimited build run of them. Sell as many as possible before the shop closes forever.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The sleeze has pushed me out of the ring.
Same.

I got fucked over pretty good last week.
I have no intention of ever dealing with that again.

if I can find the purple super bee under sticker, i'm interested. But I doubt it. And every dealer I called still have theirs sitting. Going to be hard to sell a 392 car for the same price as a Hellcat.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't think it cost IHI any more money to produce the 3.0L supercharger vs the 2.7 or 2.4.

Some level of NRE went in there, but you're correct, production costs were likely negligibly different, a minor amount more for increased volume in the casting., but effectively the same components, maybe upgraded bearings?