Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Lineup to be Announced July 2

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Pull the rebates ad watch them sit on the lots
And that's exactly my point I made months ago, the widebody msrp is pushing it, redeye is definitely gonna sit after the glitz wears off unless they start Attaching 10k rebates.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Watch them pull all rebates for 2021
We had this discussion remember, before the wb got the Rebate the chargers were just sitting there.

At 85k msrp you are competing with fully loaded m550s/e53s, at 95k msrp you are only a few thousand off from an m5/e63. They should have just went ahead and put acc/lane keep + awd for another 10k, you can't compete with amg and M with a rwd platform with old tech and no interior updates.

I would expect the new gen chargers to be twin turbo v8s with awd and a solid interior to be slotted at or below where the base e63 and m5 sit in order to sell units.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
First off....let's start calling them what they really are.....Shipping protectors.
They are NOT meant to stay on the car after it's been shipped. There are splitter "protectors" sold by aftermarket vendors. You don't even know they are there unless someone tells you.....big difference.
They are splitter protectors because they protect the splitter during shipping... they aren't protecting the shipping :ROFLMAO::p

@Jack_Toepfer I'll disagree sir. There are limits to fuel and horsepower regardless of how it's made, electric add-ons aside. 900hp on 91 just ain't gonna happen.
You can disagree if you'd like, but there are only so many manufactures that make that amount of HP or more in a production vehicle, and they all do it on 91 octane. Before you discredit the claim because of the low production numbers, you need to understand that they are the only ones who make more HP than Dodge, so they represent 100% of the available cases.

https://www.tflcar.com/2016/07/four...-station-startup-acceleration-included-spied/
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ve-the-worlds-most-powerful-production-engine
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...racing-engines-did-just-that-video-86752.html

Mclaren makes 800hp with a 4L.

So, like I said, design a motor with exotic materials, dohc, and turbos... and make all of the HP you want on 91 octane. The octane isn't the limiting factor, it's just 1 variable. Improve everything around the fuel and let the fuel become the limiting factor, but don't start there.
Even our platform can make 900hp on 91 octane. Add cubes, and turbos, and you're there. Don't do it with a stock 6.2 and a stock blower... that won't last long - but I bet it'll get there.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #224

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Here is what I see .
A watered down demon . Atleast it's better then the 1320

A watered down trackhawk. At least you won't have to sell a kidney to buy it.

An over inflated taxi that 5 people will buy .
They should have made the charger more like a the real charger 1968-1970.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Here is what I see .
A watered down demon . Atleast it's better then the 1320

A watered down trackhawk. At least you won't have to sell a kidney to buy it.

An over inflated taxi that 5 people will buy .
They should have made the charger more like a the real charger 1968-1970.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Agree
Agree, but markup will still be there... in fact worse than the trackhawk imo.

Disagree, what sense does it make having a 2 door challenger and a 2 door charger, that's absolutely the stupidest thing I have ever heard, switch the names? Sure but why tf would you make 2 2door coupes lol, and anyway whatever the challenger gets the charger should get, minus the demon because that's a dedicated drag car for all intents and purposes.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #227
Mmm those brakes on the Durango say SRT.
But they're still Brembo, I saw some closeups. Yeah we def want one.. there were some other things we wanted to kinda do first though. I hate they're only making 21's. Now I feel like we're on the clock

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
So the Super Stock has a 168 speed limiter.
Yeah, they do that because of the 4 piston brakes. I found that out when I bought my 1320. They limited that to 168 also and it all centers around what the brakes will handle to haul the car down after a 1/4 mile run.
I can try to find the link to the story where Dodge explained why the Demon and the 1320 only came with 4 piston Brembos.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Agree
Agree, but markup will still be there... in fact worse than the trackhawk imo.

Disagree, what sense does it make having a 2 door challenger and a 2 door charger, that's absolutely the stupidest thing I have ever heard, switch the names? Sure but why tf would you make 2 2door coupes lol, and anyway whatever the challenger gets the charger should get, minus the demon because that's a dedicated drag car for all intents and purposes.
You make a good point about the two door/4door but I disagree on make a performance 4 door . The charger should have stayed with the 300 engine options. the 6.4 was already enough for a taxi, cop car, and family mobile. . The hellcat/demon/redeye should have been challenger only the true performance model.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yeah, they do that because of the 4 piston brakes. I found that out when I bought my 1320. They limited that to 168 also and it all centers around what the brakes will handle to haul the car down after a 1/4 mile run.
I can try to find the link to the story where Dodge explained why the Demon and the 1320 only came with 4 piston Brembos.
The tires are only speed rated to 168MPH.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
They are splitter protectors because they protect the splitter during shipping... they aren't protecting the shipping :ROFLMAO::p
He really went there.....

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
But who is going to go 168 mph for ten minutes? Speed ratings are based on a ten minute test

I used to run 112 mph tires on my 150 mph 1/4 mile Mustang

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yes...I found the link to the story...the tires were only good to 168 so it seems that they took that opportunity to drop some weight off the brakes and use the 4 pistons instead of the 6.
Pardon my senility....I just remembered something about the brakes and the speed limiter.

Here's the story..

https://blog.dodge.com/vehicles/cha...adding-lightness-front-disc-brakes/index.html

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You make a good point about the two door/4door but I disagree on make a performance 4 door . The charger should have stayed with the 300 engine options. the 6.4 was already enough for a taxi, cop car, and family mobile. . The hellcat/demon/redeye should have been challenger only the true performance model.
That would be old school style thinking, i wouldn't mind the 300 having a hellcat motor vs the charger.

Look at M and Amg, they put their high performance motors in everything, coupes, midsize cars, suvs, crossovers, etc etc.

In order to recoup r&d and attract more people having a 2 door + 4 door + suv was very important. Where they went wrong was pricing the suv too high, as far as giving the charger the hellcat vs the 300 goes it was probably moreso with them killing off Chrysler than anything else.

Chrysler is on the chopping block, ram and jeep are the only things keeping fca afloat, alpha sales are ehhh, dodge pulls its own weight but nothing like the units the new ram and jeep have always been doing.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
But who is going to go 168 mph for ten minutes? Speed ratings are based on a ten minute test

I used to run 112 mph tires on my 150 mph 1/4 mile Mustang
i'm not sure but I remember seeing something about the tires in an article that's all

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yes...I found the link to the story...the tires were only good to 168 so it seems that they took that opportunity to drop some weight off the brakes and use the 4 pistons instead of the 6.
Pardon my senility....I just remembered something about the brakes and the speed limiter.

Here's the story..

https://blog.dodge.com/vehicles/cha...adding-lightness-front-disc-brakes/index.html
I was just adding the tire comment to your brake comment . I remember seeing it in an article somewhere . Thanks for posting a the article so i don't look like a meat head lol

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That would be old school style thinking, i wouldn't mind the 300 having a hellcat motor vs the charger.

Look at M and Amg, they put their high performance motors in everything, coupes, midsize cars, suvs, crossovers, etc etc.

In order to recoup r&d and attract more people having a 2 door + 4 door + suv was very important. Where they went wrong was pricing the suv too high, as far as giving the charger the hellcat vs the 300 goes it was probably moreso with them killing off Chrysler than anything else.

Chrysler is on the chopping block, ram and jeep are the only things keeping fca afloat, alpha sales are ehhh, dodge pulls its own weight but nothing like the units the new ram and jeep have always been doing.
Yep its all about the money ...Sad but true.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
i'm not sure but I remember seeing something about the tires in an article that's all
I'm sure that is why and probably has to do with lawyers and what not

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yep its all about the money ...Sad but true.
Unfortunately money rules this world, however I like the option of a 2 door vs 4 door but the suv one is kinda baffling to me, probably due to the rise of suv sales and wanting to rake in some more cash from die hard hellcat fans who want their wife's car or daily driver in the winter to pack a punch.

Truth be told the trackhawk is just a nasty piece of work, would have been awesome to Integrate the tech into the charger.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Chargers used to be cool before they became 4 door taxis and cop cars....:eek::ROFLMAO: