Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Lineup to be Announced July 2

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Chargers used to be cool before they became 4 door taxis and cop cars....:eek::ROFLMAO:
I think the wb is a good step in differentiating between rental and cop cars, but I would like some exclusive colors, exclusive diffuser, bigger air ducts on the sides, etc etc

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
So the rub on the Durango Hellcat being a one year production is that it won't be able to meet the next level of emissions standards that start in 2022, or so that's what Tim Kuniskis is saying.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So the rub on the Durango Hellcat being a one year production is that it won't be able to meet the next level of emissions standards that start in 2022, or so that's what Tim Kuniskis is saying.

It's going electric (hybrid) in the next MY.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Soooo what about the rest of the Hellcat lineup? Cant imagine the emissions being that much different. Are suv’s subject to stricter limits? I would think it would be the other way around.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Soooo what about the rest of the Hellcat lineup? Cant imagine the emissions being that much different. Are suv’s subject to stricter limits? I would think it would be the other way around.
Beat me to it. I was just typing the exact same thing, lol:ROFLMAO:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well maybe they pull a VW and dump a bunch under 2021 year and use that to help cover 2022?
So does this mean the TRX is a 1 year truck then?

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Well maybe they pull a VW and dump a bunch under 2021 year and use that to help cover 2022?
So does this mean the TRX is a 1 year truck then?
TRX a one year run? You go wash your mouth out with soap!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I think the emissions is more about the Carbon Foot Print total between all FCA cars, SUVS and Trucks. Something at some point has to give and they have to STOP donating to the TESLA fund. Right now FCA is having to buy Teslas emissions credits to avoid possible billions in EPA fines due to their fleet of vehicles don’t meet the world order EPA. Unfortunately FCA has but no choice to electrify and make some throw away cheap gas sippers which in turn means less gas hogs.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
So I have a RE that should be here in a few wks. But the Super Stock...
Has anyone here ever canceled an order with a dealer and switched? Wouldnt that sort of screw the dealer? Or is that something that is more common than Im thinking.
Also all of the online articles are calling the SS a 2020 model. Wth?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
So I have a RE that should be here in a few wks. But the Super Stock...
Has anyone here ever canceled an order with a dealer and switched? Wouldnt that sort of screw the dealer? Or is that something that is more common than Im thinking.
I'm thinking that as long as it hasn't entered a build status that they can change/cancel the order and/or make a new one if necessary. I don't think it screws the dealer because the incentives are still the same and they are still making a sale.

They are probably backed up still from before the plague.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm thinking that as long as it hasn't entered a build status that they can change/cancel the order and/or make a new one if necessary. I don't think it screws the dealer because the incentives are still the same and they are still making a sale.

They are probably backed up still from before the plague.
Mine is in KZ lol. I’m thinking the dealer would be stuck with it.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Wow.....I wonder if they are just skipping regular production for now and catching up on the special ordered cars? I guess that would make sense. Dealers might not want a bunch of stock this late in the model year.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Never hurts to ask but its a late build so probably a December January at best delivery. And is it really worth it?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Never hurts to ask but its a late build so probably a December January at best delivery. And is it really worth it?
I dont mind the wait but your question is what ive been asking myself too. Not really sure tbh. It boils down to what kind of deal it was I guess. I got a decent deal on the ‘20 loaded WB RE. $18k off of MSRP including the rebate. If the numbers were close it would be worth it to me I think. I know MSRP is roughly $3k higher but if the discounts were similar? Love the idea of the Demon suspension and those wheels. Love em. Bragging rights with 807 are a nice perk too.
At the same time I would imagine a scorned dealer isnt going to offer up the latest greatest thing at the same discount to a customer who just stuck them with a $94 car lol. I’ll prob take the RE i have coming and wait to see what they release in 2022 as a swan song model. I’m pretty sure it isnt over lol.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I dont mind the wait but your question is what ive been asking myself too. Not really sure tbh. It boils down to what kind of deal it was I guess. I got a decent deal on the ‘20 loaded WB RE. $18k off of MSRP including the rebate. If the numbers were close it would be worth it to me I think. I know MSRP is roughly $3k higher but if the discounts were similar? Love the idea of the Demon suspension and those wheels. Love em. Bragging rights with 807 are a nice perk too.
At the same time I would imagine a scorned dealer isnt going to offer up the latest greatest thing at the same discount to a customer who just stuck them with a $94 car lol. I’ll prob take the RE i have coming and wait to see what they release in 2022 as a swan song model. I’m pretty sure it isnt over lol.
Yes I cannot see the DEAL on the SUPER STOCK and probably very small production. Unless you are tracking her I cannot see it and do you really want the DEMON suspension for daily back road and open highway driving???. No thanks and this is the main reason I never went for the DEMON just too much a straight line car and I do not track so its more about having a drink in your hand and a cigar in your garage showing your buddies the car. And for the record its the Demon perception to a degree that 🤔 all the DEMON owners will be like you think you have a DEMON:whistle:. And just look at members like @1971demon who are labeled:LOL: do you really want that attached to your Avatar:whistle:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I found these sneak peak pics of the upcoming refresh new model smog compliant Challenger

1978-Dodge-Challenger-Print-Ad.jpg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
If you have a deposit it will be lost in the denial of the car. I rejected a couple cars I ordered just because I didn't want the car anymore only lost a $100 deposit on the one.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Your probably pretty close being the Peugeot merger is so close to happening.
I had read previously that the next models were going to be built on the Alfa Giulia chassis.

Who knows now that Peegot is involved :ROFLMAO: