Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So to be clear, the new "Warpspeed" wheels are the same as the original "Slingshots"??
Same slingshot design but wider and deeper for the WB. Take a look at the B5 2020 Charger in the original press release a couple of wks ago.
Im digging those.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
So to be clear, the new "Warpspeed" wheels are the same as the original "Slingshots"??
To my understanding and the few info I was able to find, yes.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I wonder when the 2020 will be available to order as I just saw this in youtube, Power dollar rebates are now valid through 09/30.

Bienvenido mi amigo, good to have folks from everywhere here.

As for the wheels, the post directly above this with the widebody charger is what I was talking about with the 2015s but with a deeper dish. I actually like it, alot.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
wait a minute.... what about that 50th anniversary charger hellcat daytona blah blah blah..... only 501, so get yours today!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...h-anniversary-edition-specs-pictures-info-hp/

Wasn't the Charger now supposed to come with the two little snorkel holes in the grill? Maybe it dawned on them to put it behind the mesh? And where the hell is the redeye motor for the charger?

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Bienvenido mi amigo, good to have folks from everywhere here.

As for the wheels, the post directly above this with the widebody charger is what I was talking about with the 2015s but with a deeper dish. I actually like it, alot.
Merci mon ami, gracias por la bienvenida. I’m actually french but I live in Mexico, thank you for the welcoming! I love them too, i really don’t like the devils and definitely want a WB so it’s good news to me, unless the version they sell in Mexico comes with the other wheels (in Mexico we don’t have all the options you have, they sell one combination of options, one interior color and that’s it. For 2019 demonic red interior doesn’t exist in Mexico and I love it ).

wamo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montgomery
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger hellcat
Hey guys we have nothing to worry about if they're celebrating a 50th anniversary 69 charger with a 2020 then all we have to do is wait for 2021 to celebrate 50 years of a 70 Challenger. Is it my or their math that's off. Maybe it's new math lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
new math... best response

!!!!Common_Core_Is_Weird.jpg

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Dodge celebrates 10 years of limited edition mopars but doesn't celebrate 50th anniversary of the Challenger. Pretty dumb.

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21011&mid=1

Then they do a 50th Charger what a bunch of morons.
https://www.motor1.com/news/365159/2020-dodge-charger-daytona-returns/
I still think we're getting too far ahead of Dodge's announcement. They have not said they WON'T build a 50th anniversary and they haven't said they WILL. They haven't even accepted orders for 2020. Look how long they waited to anounce the '19 MOPAR Edition. The anniversary edition would likely be introduced later in the '20 model year, to milk a few more sales of Challengers before the end of the year. I personally think they'll announce it sometime this spring, in numbered, limited quantity.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
wait a minute.... what about that 50th anniversary charger hellcat daytona blah blah blah..... only 501, so get yours today!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...h-anniversary-edition-specs-pictures-info-hp/

Wasn't the Charger now supposed to come with the two little snorkel holes in the grill? Maybe it dawned on them to put it behind the mesh? And where the hell is the redeye motor for the charger?
They got rid of the snorkel holes. 1 year only thing I guess. They have gone this new WB look and changed the front bumper (they have an air duct) in middle and top of the bumper now instead. Good question on the RE Charger. Nothing has been announced for it as of yet. Likely going to be a next 2021 RE Charger when it comes out. Possibly a mid year thing, but as of right now the Charger doesn't get the demon engine.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I still think we're getting too far ahead of Dodge's announcement. They have not said they WON'T build a 50th anniversary and they haven't said they WILL. They haven't even accepted orders for 2020. Look how long they waited to anounce the '19 MOPAR Edition. The anniversary edition would likely be introduced later in the '20 model year, to milk a few more sales of Challengers before the end of the year. I personally think they'll announce it sometime this spring, in numbered, limited quantity.

We can hope!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Wow wow wow wow RS was WRONG hmm would this be the first time?
Unless there is something coming later in the year. [dunno]

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
OK so my newest question is when the hell is the build & price feature going to be available on their website for 2020 MY. Last year I think it wasn't even out until December or January for 2019....so maybe we'll have this one by....March? lol :sneaky:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
If the 426 was in fact still coming, wouldn't make sense to drop it with the refresh?

But we haven't seen any mules in disguise either.

I think its sticker packages from here on out. They better keep those rebate programs going because this car is about to be old news real quick. (if its not already)

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody
When FCA announced the 2019 model year last September, they never said anything about the Mopar '19 numbered special edition that was just announced. They always have a new trick up their sleeve to keep the interest and momentum moving forward. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill, relax a bit, and sit back for a while. Dodge is not going to waste the opportunity for a 50th anniversary edition Challenger. Even if it is just a badge and sticker package, they will certainly do something. They just aren't ready to announce it yet. Maybe they are waiting for one of the big car shows (LA, NYC, Detroit, Phila, etc), or maybe they are waiting for EPA certification for a street version of the 426. Maybe they are just watching the boards and laughing at us as we lose out minds waiting and guessing and bitching. They probably had to release some type of 2020 information on September 1st due to a corporate/stockholder/business reason. There's a reason production runs to November, and we just don't know what that reason is yet. In the mean time, if you are in need of a new car, go buy one today, enjoy it, love life, and have fun. If you can wait for a new car, sit back and wait. Do I want a 2020 50th anniversary special to go with my 1970 Plum Crazy R/T? You bet your bippy I do. But we're just going to have to wait a little while longer. Don't give up, something big is brewing.

Or... they are waiting until 2024 to do a 50th anniversary edition of the end of the Challenger. Just like the 1974 car, the anniversary car will be under powered with an ugly front end and a lack of options and special features.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
They're finally dumping the NAG1 5 speed from Charger Pursuit and giving it the 8 speed. However, they're only offering V6 with 8 speed and Hemi AWD with 8 speed. No Hemi 8 speed RWD (!!!) They're out of their freaking minds!!!!!! Sorry for the rant, but this REALLY disappoints me...

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I want the new Frostbite color, and I noticed that it says late availability for that color....anyone have any idea what that means for timing? Will that color even be available for order when banks open or will I have to wait for that color just to get my order in?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Been seeing that new 196 MPH top speed for the Charger WB. Disappointing, considering the 204.5 of the "regular" Charger HC. That extra width has a big aerodynamic price when you're getting into the high end. Not the end of the world (and who really operates in that area regularly anyway) but also disappointed because I'm not sure the flares will accommodate 345s which is what is really needed in the rear (in my opinion)