Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think...

I think I'm going...

...to be sick...

[vommit]

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
aren't those wheels about back to 2015?

Don't get me wrong, like the additional dish.

HESH

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cambridge
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
I heard they were doing something similar to this :p(y):ROFLMAO:

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smails.jpg

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm not shocked that the 2020 high end (HC/RE) aren't getting much of anything. I am still waiting to see if the 392 gets retired and if the 426 takes over the scat models for N/A. I really hope if that happens they go forged internals. It will really help with future mods for owners. If they don't go with forged internals I'll be disappointed. There are a few things the mustang 5.0 has over the challenger 392. Forged internals and E85 ready are two big ones. The Camaro SS has cast internals too (I think).

The Charger is what I'm most disappointed in. Seems FCA wants to do a 1 year WB Charger like they did with the 18 WB Challenger Hellcat, and the next year following (2021) the WB RE Charger should follow. Dodge is milking the platform either to squeeze all the money from it, buy time for the next platform, or both! I think the big HP discount was an awesome idea. The only reason I believe they did that was not because they were coming out with something brand new themselves, but to avoid losing customers to Chevy and Ford. I'm sure it worked decently well too, big discounts!

Anyone who waited for something better than HP discount for top models (HC/RE), you goofed up! If you are waiting on the 426, I get that, tough call. RS told us about a year ago it was coming, hopefully that is still the case!

Mopar forever

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bostic
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 challenger scat pack
If y’all remember wayyy back when we still had Resume speed posting info he had kinda said that we would get a 426 in the challenger as a 50th anniversary car. And he was never totally wrong so I still hold out hope that it will be announced. Man I really miss that guys posts he was a true teaser of great info.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
If y’all remember wayyy back when we still had Resume speed posting info he had kinda said that we would get a 426 in the challenger as a 50th anniversary car. And he was never totally wrong so I still hold out hope that it will be announced. Man I really miss that guys posts he was a true teaser of great info.
In my opinion, FCA made a mistake in shutting Resume Speed down (I'm assuming that's what happened). The tidbits of information didn't disclose any trade secrets, but it sure got the juices flowing in anticipation of what might really be coming next.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Do you guys think FCA has something up it's sleeve like a limited run of, say, 3300 50th anniversary editions similar to the limited run of the Demons? Hmmmm.....

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
No you're never gonna get it...

or maybe we should go with?

Hey, I figure if I am forced to sit here with the same crap being repeated in my head over and over again... I should return the favour, right. ;)

This is how you guys sound on this subject:

I

Intense

It may not happen but it would be a hell of a send off for this generation if they ever put a NA 426 in the Challenger or Charger. With the trucks seemingly losing that possibility, that may have been when every other model lost it’s chance as well.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
aren't those wheels about back to 2015?

Don't get me wrong, like the additional dish.
If those wheels were available this year I may have bought a RE. The one thing I really dislike are the current wheels. They just dont go with the car at all imo. The ‘15/‘16 wheels really look correct so this is big for me when thinking about a RE if theyre available in deeper wheel for the WB.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This is how you guys sound on this subject:

Did you just Rickroll us all??!! :mad:

;):p

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Honestly, they probably had a problem getting the 426 to pass emissions.

The LS7 was a really dirty engine for GM and they couldn't do better for the C7 so that Z06 got a supercharger.

I think it would be great for a 7L/426 to come out but i think it will have an electric motor attached to it for emissions/mpg

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If those wheels were available this year I may have bought a RE. The one thing I really dislike are the current wheels. They just dont go with the car at all imo. The ‘15/‘16 wheels really look correct so this is big for me when thinking about a RE if theyre available in deeper wheel for the WB.
I never let other people (manufacturer) make my decision on wheels. I have never made a decision to buy a car on their wheels either. If I did, I might as well have ordered a Vette with a chrome wheel choice. BUT, whoever is making their decisions is deaf, dumb and blind! All those black and variants of black wheels are ugly and they suck DODGE!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I am super disappointed....but I like the minor changes and I think I am sold on Frostbite. I will order late February to early March to avoid road salt on my car. If for some reason a 50th anniversary model comes out by the time I order with a 426 then I will order that....otherwise I am perusing leftover 2019's as well....not much that meets what I want....

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I am super disappointed....but I like the minor changes and I think I am sold on Frostbite. I will order late February to early March to avoid road salt on my car. If for some reason a 50th anniversary model comes out by the time I order with a 426 then I will order that....otherwise I am perusing leftover 2019's as well....not much that meets what I want....
I was bummed to hear of B5 but hoping I will really like the Frostbite as a replacement. Can't really tell until I see it in person.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I was bummed to hear of B5 but hoping I will really like the Frostbite as a replacement. Can't really tell until I see it in person.
The B5 going away isn't the big disappointment, I happen to like Frostbite a touch better than B5 anyway (Blasphemy I know..lol). I only waited for 2020 to hopefully get an NA 426 Hemi....not the 392.....I am checking on the leftovers to see if there is anything around that is what I want.....I am also told you can still get a 2019 ordered except power dollars rebate ends today....unless it gets extended. That is the risk I would take.....not being able to get the rebate and paying full price for a 2019 that will be a brand new year old car....

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I’m with you on that, but I do like the photos of Frostbite.