Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Me and the cat are watching it rain. It was show clean the other day got caught in the rain. Start over.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
INSTALLED HELLRAISER PULLEY.
Got a great deal on a brand new unused Hellraiser pulley ($450). All I had to buy at extra cost was the belt ($70) and the smaller than stock H17 size hex install tool for the Litens pulley ($7). The supporting Metco install/removal tool and large Hex tool to remove stock pulley are needed at extra cost regardless if you buy the full kit for $850 or not. Haven't driven it yet. Finished up last night. Car started with no difference at all, and ran to full temp up and down in the RPM range without a hint of it even being on there. Amazing the compensation these computers can do.
May WIKI the install later if I have time. There are some small physical differences between a standard Hellcat blower and the RE.

Attachments

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Nice work Cool. Look forward to the Wiki. What sized pulley, and will you have it tuned?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ten hours yesterday! Dialed in the alignment in the rear using AAD equipment and my new alignment tool from QuickTrick. Then changed the rotors and pads out along with bolting up a different set of wheels/tires.

Then a ride to evaluate it. Failure! Still not done! Not a happy camper! The pads I purchased from someone else (carbon ceramic) are not working against the DP rotors. I can feel the difference in adding camber in the rear and that needs to be changed back, NOW. So in a while here, after some prayer using my communist ordered face mask at Church, I am back out at it, back up on the QuickJack, all wheels need to come off, all the pads need changed and the absolute worst AAD arms to change out in the back need a tab changed I hope for the damn last time of its life!

I have quite a story and have learned lots of things playing with those AAD items yesterday through several cycles to determine just how the f... to get them dialed in right with the brief summary of directions we have. I believe I may have a Forum Wiki entry. Let me work on it.

I can tell ya, with the nearly zero camber tab back there to just one higher negative tab caused the Redeye to totally fishtail sideways one direction at 50 mph with some 345/30’s, where that simply don’t happen ever before with a nearly zero camber. I can nearly visualize a big tire on edge just powering around in a radius instead of powering flat on itself straight ahead.

Anyone else realize if you just change the tab in the top front tension arm without any other changes back there (not touching the toe arm or camber arm) you can plow massive toe-in into it? When you change just the camber arm tab, then no changes happen to toe?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Nice work Cool. Look forward to the Wiki. What sized pulley, and will you have it tuned?
Thanks. It's the 3.17 (#920668) No tune yet. Supposedly It's good for 45RWHP on a RE with no tune and as long as you run 93 octain your fine. Weather's getting cooler also:D. I'm going to run some Octanium boost if I can get my hands on some for now. The car will eventually be tuned, but I have some other ideas on things I might do, so the tune will wait till I'm done.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Ten hours yesterday! Dialed in the alignment in the rear using AAD equipment and my new alignment tool from QuickTrick. Then changed the rotors and pads out along with bolting up a different set of wheels/tires.

Then a ride to evaluate it. Failure! Still not done! Not a happy camper! The pads I purchased from someone else (carbon ceramic) are not working against the DP rotors. I can feel the difference in adding camber in the rear and that needs to be changed back, NOW. So in a while here, after some prayer using my communist ordered face mask at Church, I am back out at it, back up on the QuickJack, all wheels need to come off, all the pads need changed and the absolute worst AAD arms to change out in the back need a tab changed I hope for the damn last time of its life!

I have quite a story and have learned lots of things playing with those AAD items yesterday through several cycles to determine just how the f... to get them dialed in right with the brief summary of directions we have. I believe I may have a Forum Wiki entry. Let me work on it.

I can tell ya, with the nearly zero camber tab back there to just one higher negative tab caused the Redeye to totally fishtail sideways one direction at 50 mph with some 345/30’s, where that simply don’t happen ever before with a nearly zero camber. I can nearly visualize a big tire on edge just powering around in a radius instead of powering flat on itself straight ahead.

Anyone else realize if you just change the tab in the top front tension arm without any other changes back there (not touching the toe arm or camber arm) you can plow massive toe-in into it? When you change just the camber arm tab, then no changes happen to toe?
Those AAD arms look like professional race quality pieces, but that don't mean sh%^ if they're just not right. In your opinion, worth it or no?

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I couldn't decide where to post so here seems as good as anywhere.

Not today but one more sleep to go before collection.
So I'll be back tomorrow :love:

Its been a long wait and I'm super excited.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I couldn't decide where to post so here seems as good as anywhere.

Not today but one more sleep to go before collection.
So I'll be back tomorrow :love:

Its been a long wait and I'm super excited.

Certainly deserves its own thread tomorrow, full of pictures of course!

Congratulations!

;)

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Certainly deserves its own thread tomorrow, full of pictures of course!

Congratulations!

;)
I'll probably be able to get well into the 300-500 mile run in section tomorrow, thinking of going over to see some friends near Oxford as I'll be about half way there when I collect. I'm sure I can take some photos along the way. Theres an American Diner I've passed before which I thought would make a good photo backdrop but that will be on another day as its in another direction.

When I ran in my last GTR I did 1500 in less than a week as I was going away and wanted the first service done before hand so it shouldn't take long :). Haven't got warranty to worry about with this one but I like to do what's recommended.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Those AAD arms look like professional race quality pieces, but that don't mean sh%^ if they're just not right. In your opinion, worth it or no?
They are good. They are good quality. Easy enough for the special drag race formula, but I needed a deeper dive. That took a while. I even changed out one of the rear tabs one more time yesterday. I am at BIR today doing the Comp Course. It seems fine. Really good actually. Now the driver needs to settle into this monster. We have cool air temps, low DA, so the Cup 2’s can be wasted by this RE. But with a good bit of throttle control it seems dialed in finally. It won’t stay with the Vettes and Viper ACR’s whom are most of the other brothers in the “A” group. Teaches a guy humility. But it sure does come out of any corner as good as any of them. Seems like for about any roll race, with stuff this HP or lower (no 1000 stuff allowed) a RE equipped like this would do well.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Today I am running the living shit out of it and enjoying it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Videos or it didn't happen D

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The Hellcat got a trip to the spa for a detail and wax job. She is all shined up for her 945 mile trip to ChallengerFest tomorrow.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Videos or it didn't happen D
Pricks. May take a day or two. It felt good. The monster and I got closer today. Once those Cup 2’s are warmed up, they work.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Pricks. May take a day or two. It felt good. The monster and I got closer today. Once those Cup 2’s are warmed up, they work.

Now now, be nice, you'll hurt my feeling...

;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
How about a pic of the strip looking real alone.

799D78D5-491D-47E9-A088-EC0D4C3733C2.jpeg

Worse our campsite in the Zoo we have not seen in over a year. This sucks!

861B753B-B676-4D60-9B75-6F1929921AEF.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I haven't driven mine in a few days, I'll take it out tomorrow. And you know I was just jacking with you man.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I haven't driven mine in a few days, I'll take it out tomorrow. And you know I was just jacking with you man.
Oh thanks, but I know that. I just hope the joking in my voice came thru with the prick comment! I see I have a four hour virtual meeting today, hoping to get at least part of a session loaded. Harry’s makes it a bit difficult, then I’ll need to cut it up on the computer. I was practicing just being smooth with the power, finally now that everything is adjusted and working well, and getting my confidence with it. You will like it, the Cup 2’s were basically silent, driving at about 85% IMO. Looking at some videos posted up by others and lap times, it looks like I have it within a second or two of excellent expectations for the boat, and I definitely know where several seconds is at! I just flat don’t like a particular series of turns and the concrete walls on both sides within that configuration with the heavy Challenger. I self insure, so it is my choice to take it a bit different than the “recommended” line in a spot or two. It was very humbling driving what looked BY FAR to be the most heavy unit on the track, I was surrounded with a few guys with TA2 ACR Vipers, a built Vette or two or three and I think nothing short of a few Z06’s with good drivers in the seats, and some beemer that had to be modified. Plus it was our short configuration. It still was plenty to shake it out, it was a great day.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mines locked in the garage with everything that can blow away.