Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Welcome Ceramic Disc Tech Rotors

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
We believe that for the typical Hellcat driver that there will not be any issue with DD.

With that said, we have seen Hellcats with rustic wraps, mud tires and literally being driven in the sand off-road. We've seen Charger HCs doing donuts in 12" of snow in elevated parking lots, and even a Demon doing 0-60 videos in the snow as well (much love). So with that said, if this is someone's choice of driving, CDT Rotors might not be the best choice for those owners.

In design there is always give and take, and if CDT gave up something, it was tolerance for exposure to extreme debris.

Look at the vents in the O.E. rotor, you could pass a truck through there. There are two reasons for this, mass and, in our view, a silly need to accept debris that cars like this never (almost) see.

Many Hellcat owners don't let their cars see rain, nevermind mud, gravel, sand or salt.

Our rotors are specifically designed for, and intended for performance driving, whether it be 1320' at a time, or road courses.

When you see the actual design for the first time, we think you'll be impressed and you'll understand.
Any plans on making demon sized front rotors?

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I assume Demon rotors fit on Hellcats ? …. & those would be even lighter because their smaller ?

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
I assume Demon rotors fit on Hellcats ? …. & those would be even lighter because their smaller ?
Yes 4 piston for demons

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I dont think it will but not sure
OK , I wonder what the weight difference is between Demon & Hellcat rotors ? … maybe 5 or 10 pounds ?
I never gave this a thought , about Demon rotors.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Frederick
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat

Once the development on the 390 * 34 rotor is complete, we will add other FCA p/ns as demand dictates.

From there we will expand to other manufacturers (GM/Ford etc).

Regarding the question of mass, while there are other considerations for each design, a rule of thumb is that the CDT rotor will be 1/3 that of the O.E. rotor (assuming an initial cast iron design). Keep in mind that the hat (actually "bell") will not fundamentally change mass, only the rotor.

So yes, a smaller dia rotor will be even lighter.

One exciting aspect of CDT rotors is a limited ability to customize rotors, but more on this later.