Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

🚨 TODAY ONLY! 🚨 Black Friday Pricing on Whipple Superchargers

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Man I'm not fast enough for that. I want to be as fast as I can with my 8hp90, stock ecu without having to go full racecar. I enjoy my car on the street using the cruise control at 75mph. has to pass inspection and emissions every 2 years.
Passing emissions huh… not buying it lol…

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
AS FOR THE WHIPPLE I PERSONALLY LOVED THE WAY IT PERFORMED ,,BUT I DID HAVE BRET GO THROUGH IT AT JOKERZ AND CORRECT THE ISSUES THEY HAD ,,I CANT REMEMBER WHO BOUGHT MINE FROM THE FORUM HERE BUT IF HE READS THIS MAYBE HE CAN UPDAT ON HOW ITS DOING :)

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Must be a lawyer.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Giant Eye Watching A Car 19122023023830.jpg

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
yes that time is 8.2's on
I DONT THINK HES KNOCKING THE RACE CAR SO MUCH AS TO SAYING ITS MORE IMPRESIVE WHEN DONE WITH PRIMARILY FACTORY ENGINE/TRANS AND USING THE FACTORY MODULES
.I THINK WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT WE COULD BUY A ROLLING CHASIS CAR THATS CERTIFIED TO GO 7S AND THEN BUILD A SET UP WITH TURBOS AND RUN FAST ITS EASY TO GET A PARTS LIST THAT WILL DO THAT ,WE ALREADY HAVE CARS THAT WENT 7S WITH THE FACTORY ECUS AND 8 SPEED TRANS ,ZDUNGHO HAS DONE IT AND JON SIPPLE HAS AS WELL ,THE PROBLEM IS AT THAT LEVEL YOUR NOT GOING TO GET A FACTORY BLOCK TO HOLD UP AND THE 8 SPEED WILL SUFFER AS WELL ,AND ANYONE THAT GETS TO THAT POINT EXPECTS MOTOR ISSUES TO ARRIVE ,YOUR NOT GONNA BE A WEEKEND WARRIOR AT THE TRACK WITH THAT KINDA OF POWER WITHOUT HAVING TO DROP A LOT OF CASH IN IT CONSTENTLY ! I THINK ITS BEST YOU DECIDE ON A REASONABLE TIKJME TO RUN WHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK ON THE CAR EVERY WEEK BEFORE ANOTHER EVENT
yes exactly this! I think ill be happy with it turned down running 8.2 or so on boost consistently, then for the end of season hail mary pass turn it up and see the 7 second slip. looking at those guys doing it with the TH400's, turbos and race cars, they are having just as many issues if not more than the guys running the stock parts.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Passing emissions huh… not buying it lol…
its already passed once, not sure what's not to buy? ill be going in again in February. I'm not even remotely worried about it not passing.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Getting back to the Whipple Reliability questions….. I just talked to Adam. He went to Whipple and had a personal meet down with Dustin about the issues. He personally delivered one of our latest 3.8’s that had six dyno pulls on it. 😶. They are making changes to those. The 3.0 is fixed. Nobody has one of these new 3.0’s but Adam. It’s the one I talked about on the Grinch Challenger that we ran at Bakersfield last week. The thing makes so much power it is astounding. I will repeat what I said in case anybody missed it…. 100% stock Hellcat long block with a stock exhaust (minus cats). The new 3.0 on e85 tuned by Adam. The car is full weight +. Full interior (both stock front and rear seats) with the added weight of a 8.5 cage. The car does have AAD rear and 15” wheel tire. It ran 8.90 154 mph. It made over 1100 rwhp uncorrected at 3000 ft elevation. The car has not only been flogged on the dyno and the track (Pomona and Bakersfield) it has been on the street for the last month. The blower is perfect with no sign of any of the problems the previous versions were having. He has another one on a daily driven Hellcat Durango that is also being used as a mule. Anyway…. Consider this a update. The latest from on high. I’m just the messenger 🥸

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Getting back to the Whipple Reliability questions….. I just talked to Adam. He went to Whipple and had a personal meet down with Dustin about the issues. He personally delivered one of our latest 3.8’s that had six dyno pulls on it. 😶. They are making changes to those. The 3.0 is fixed. Nobody has one of these new 3.0’s but Adam. It’s the one I talked about on the Grinch Challenger that we ran at Bakersfield last week. The thing makes so much power it is astounding. I will repeat what I said in case anybody missed it…. 100% stock Hellcat long block with a stock exhaust (minus cats). The new 3.0 on e85 tuned by Adam. The car is full weight +. Full interior (both stock front and rear seats) with the added weight of a 8.5 cage. The car does have AAD rear and 15” wheel tire. It ran 8.90 154 mph. It made over 1100 rwhp uncorrected at 3000 ft elevation. The car has not only been flogged on the dyno and the track (Pomona and Bakersfield) it has been on the street for the last month. The blower is perfect with no sign of any of the problems the previous versions were having. He has another one on a daily driven Hellcat Durango that is also being used as a mule. Anyway…. Consider this a update. The latest from on high. I’m just the messenger 🥸
Are these the stage 6, whatever its called?

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
And he
buddy that's a full on race car, fuel tech ecu, Th400 trans, gutted interior, little honda radiator, over 2K hp. That is not on a stock ecu, 8hp90, street car.

we know that in a race car they work, we have Grumpy and Dan vanhorn proving that.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

WELL WITH ALL THE ISSUES THE WHIPPLES HAD MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST EXCHANGE THE ONES SENT IN WITH THE UPDATED 3.0,,, NOW THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THEM AND THE CONSUMER

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Are these the stage 6, whatever its called?
Whipple is constantly making changes to improve and address known issues. They’ve always done that. They don’t advertise it. In the Gen 5 case it became a known reliability problem and they had to do something or suffer the loss of confidence in the customer world. May be too late on that 😬. There is a supply chain they rely on that has been a big part of that problem. Welcome to the FJB world today. The guy I know (Adam/SpankinTime) has been working with Whipple for probably as long and in as close contact as anybody else out there. He spent hours there last week going over what has been and is happening now. He says that they have a handle on it and that it will be seen in the new 3.0’s first. They have basically redesigned the whole thing. I wouldn’t hold my breath for any formal announcements or apologies. Gen 6 is probably it and with the healing affects of big hp and reduced problems… all will be good 😊

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Whipple is constantly making changes to improve and address known issues. They’ve always done that. They don’t advertise it. In the Gen 5 case it became a known reliability problem and they had to do something or suffer the loss of confidence in the customer world. May be too late on that 😬. There is a supply chain they rely on that has been a big part of that problem. Welcome to the FJB world today. The guy I know (Adam/SpankinTime) has been working with Whipple for probably as long and in as close contact as anybody else out there. He spent hours there last week going over what has been and is happening now. He says that they have a handle on it and that it will be seen in the new 3.0’s first. They have basically redesigned the whole thing. I wouldn’t hold my breath for any formal announcements or apologies. Gen 6 is probably it and with the healing affects of big hp and reduced problems… all will be good 😊
Cleetus just put a gen 6 on a coyote f150. It ran a 9.50. I have no idea what's been done to it.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Supposedly there's more than a few Gen 6 blowers out there...so if Adam is the only one with the fix so far it must be a further revision of that.

So that means any current dealer stock could be a crapshoot.

A clarification from whipple would be nice. Like model xxxxxx Rev xx serial xxxxx and up. Though in doing so they basically dumpstered anything in circulation and they know that.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Supposedly there's more than a few Gen 6 blowers out there...so if Adam is the only one with the fix so far it must be a further revision of that.

So that means any current dealer stock could be a crapshoot.

A clarification from whipple would be nice. Like model xxxxxx Rev xx serial xxxxx and up. Though in doing so they basically dumpstered anything in circulation and they know that.
Exactly. Right, Right and Right. I suspect that if one has a problem, the answer will be that it is replaced with a new one. Case by case. What other answer could there be. I dont think there will be anything official like a recall. I can’t imagine how that would go over. 😂 What I was told is there’s been a redesign that addresses all the issues and the initial results look good with the 3.0. I have a Gen five 3.8 that makes a ton of power and hasn’t had any problems. Probably shouldn’t let them have that one back!

Last edited:

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Like any manufacturer, it's probably a race between outrunning bad PR and the warranty expiration dates on the inventory out in the wild.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'd really love to believe they have it squared away, I'm on my 4th Whipple this year. I personally do not believe its going to hold up to the beginning of the race season with the noises it makes. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping its just a normal rattle. my last 3.0 was good for about 8-10 track days before it started having the rotors touch.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
That
I'd really love to believe they have it squared away, I'm on my 4th Whipple this year. I personally do not believe its going to hold up to the beginning of the race season with the noises it makes. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping its just a normal rattle. my last 3.0 was good for about 8-10 track days before it started having the rotors touch.
s why some of us switched to turbo

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That

s why some of us switched to turbo
Turbos have yet to prove themselves on this platform. otherwise everyone would have them by now. many have tried and failed. that's why I'm hoping you uncover something that no one else has. other than the AWD platforms, as they have the traction to leave at higher boost levels.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Turbos have yet to prove themselves on this platform. otherwise everyone would have them by now. many have tried and failed. that's why I'm hoping you uncover something that no one else has. other than the AWD platforms, as they have the traction to leave at higher boost levels.
Why did they fail. Trying To set the world on fire. 🔥
if I can go 8.0 7.99 I’m ok. 8.50 would also be ok. Did people spend the money on good stuff I Don’t Know. You can’t use a cheap boost controller and you need to use c02.
Big turbos will be harder to spool. I went small ones should make 1800 flywheel. Just what the box says it can hold. Also swapped to a turbo cam and converter