Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

🚨 TODAY ONLY! 🚨 Black Friday Pricing on Whipple Superchargers

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Always thought it was weird that Procharger wanted nothing to do with the Hellcat engine.

They made a deal for the LT4 supercharged GM V8 but nothing for the Hellcat.
As for gear drive, Chris Alston make something? I know I saw someone running a gear drive Procharger on a gen 3 Hemi
A lot of gear driven Prochargers in the high end drag cars but I can’t see that working in a street car. I’m imagining a cog belt drive in place of the 10 rib the hellcats use now. A incognito type deal with a cog setup. I remember they did actually come up with that to incorporate the cog because it’s cool, but it ended up not being compatible with the rotor type blower. A properly designed package of brackets and pulleys to place the supercharger with a dedicated drive belt would be very capable. Procharger has some high hp units that kick ass. You could run it like a turbo with a intercooled intake (like the Cornerstone) and blowoff valves like turbos use. That would be bitchin 😎

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I’m hoping Maybe vendors start getting on their ass, if they where getting charge backs for all these failed blowers I’m sure they’d be singing a different tune then sales adds.
If I could get my funds back I spent on the blower and accessories and charge for shop time spent removing and installing blowers multiple times, time spent packing and shipping and driving the pkg to a depot because it’s too big, too heavy, and too costly drop off centers in my area won’t take it, add materials cost like coolant, add in weeks turning into months of car down time, it’s not been a good experience since my purchase (from HHP) of my first Whipple last August. Whipple is trying but damn it’s been a long patience testing haul so far. Porting a 2.7 at the moment and trying to get a dealer to ship me a 3.0 IHI, if that comes through then bye bye Whipple.
I think the 3.0 IHI will be just like the 2.7 wont like to be spun fast. still wont be able to make the same power as the whipple but if they hold up and can get within a half second of the whipple I see them being a viable option for those who don't want to race.

I am waiting to see Jim's turbo setup get completed and praying that a turbo hellcat is actually fast and consistent at the track, with the stock ECU and 8hp90. until then we really don't have any options but to keep hoping whipple finally gets it right.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I think the 3.0 IHI will be just like the 2.7 wont like to be spun fast. still wont be able to make the same power as the whipple but if they hold up and can get within a half second of the whipple I see them being a viable option for those who don't want to race.

I am waiting to see Jim's turbo setup get completed and praying that a turbo hellcat is actually fast and consistent at the track, with the stock ECU and 8hp90. until then we really don't have any options but to keep hoping whipple finally gets it right.
I will be ok going 9.5 and no belt problems or slipping or knocking noise

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wonder how the 3.0 IHI got to 3.0--if the rotors are just longer (like the 2.7), or if they got a bigger diameter.
Pros/cons to either.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Our shop is in Mill Hall (exit 178), locations are around Montrose and for fun i drive 3.5hrs out to Numidia Dragway if I wanna make NHRA runs...so I get out to points on or around the 81 corridor pretty often.

Gonna have to get together with guys out that way this year. Track day?

The wife also likes to venture to Blaisdell and the other burbs to shop too so I'm up in that area at least a handful of times a year if there's anything going on you'll be participating in.
Montrose??...thats about 25 miles north of Tunkhannock I believe...I travel through there once a month...;)

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Montrose??...thats about 25 miles north of Tunkhannock I believe...I travel through there once a month...;)
That's the one! They just opened a new burger place. Not bad. Otherwise almost nothing in any single direction except trees and gas wells.

If the rooms here are booked up the overflow usually gets shacked up in Tunkhannock. If i wanna go to Walmart vestal is the closest and still almost 30min away.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Montrose, maybe hour to 90 minutes away from me, my wife’s uncle used to live up there and we visited. I’m 10 minutes off 81 just south of WilkesBarre.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Montrose, maybe hour to 90 minutes away from me, my wife’s uncle used to live up there and we visited. I’m 10 minutes off 81 just south of WilkesBarre.
Not all that far from the track.

We'll have to meet up sometime.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A lot of gear driven Prochargers in the high end drag cars but I can’t see that working in a street car. I’m imagining a cog belt drive in place of the 10 rib the hellcats use now. A incognito type deal with a cog setup. I remember they did actually come up with that to incorporate the cog because it’s cool, but it ended up not being compatible with the rotor type blower. A properly designed package of brackets and pulleys to place the supercharger with a dedicated drive belt would be very capable. Procharger has some high hp units that kick ass. You could run it like a turbo with a intercooled intake (like the Cornerstone) and blowoff valves like turbos use. That would be bitchin 😎
I grippy pulley and tensioner should be all you need. Never liked the cog system. Seen many break with chunks of the belt flying everywhere. Stiff belts can snap why I like the standard black belts

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I grippy pulley and tensioner should be all you need. Never liked the cog system. Seen many break with chunks of the belt flying everywhere. Stiff belts can snap why I like the standard black belts
Lol. I was just jonesing on the idea if a cog belt. Didn’t you have a deal with that (him)? You’re right though. A 10 rib would be better as long as this imaginary Procharger creation doesn’t end up with too long of a belt stretch. I haven’t invented it yet, so…. 🤓

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Lol. I was just jonesing on the idea if a cog belt. Didn’t you have a deal with that (him)? You’re right though. A 10 rib would be better as long as this imaginary Procharger creation doesn’t end up with too long of a belt stretch. I haven’t invented it yet, so…. 🤓

Speaking of something like that, how could we get a 10-71 or 12-71 style blower on a gen 3 hemi! :eek:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

Fast... bro c'mon... 7.53...

And this was in a competition so you can't say it was a one off...

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Fast... bro c'mon... 7.53...

And this was in a competition so you can't say it was a one off...
buddy that's a full on race car, fuel tech ecu, Th400 trans, gutted interior, little honda radiator, over 2K hp. That is not on a stock ecu, 8hp90, street car.

we know that in a race car they work, we have Grumpy and Dan vanhorn proving that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Beating the world's fastest ctsv brings him a load of credibility.

I've seen it run and it's no slouch.

His Charger now is a big target for other racers. Time for some fun and kicking ass!

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Beating the world's fastest ctsv brings him a load of credibility.

I've seen it run and it's no slouch.

His Charger now is a big target for other racers. Time for some fun and kicking ass!
Not knocking him at all, super fast race car. But not to be compared with a stock hellcat ecu, 8hp90 street car.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not knocking him at all, super fast race car. But not to be compared with a stock hellcat ecu, 8hp90 street car.
It's a race car. No comparison.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Wait so you are larp'ing as a race car then. You want race car speeds but don't want a race car...

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wait so you are larp'ing as a race car then. You want race car speeds but don't want a race car...
Man I'm not fast enough for that. I want to be as fast as I can with my 8hp90, stock ecu without having to go full racecar. I enjoy my car on the street using the cruise control at 75mph. has to pass inspection and emissions every 2 years.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I DONT THINK HES KNOCKING THE RACE CAR SO MUCH AS TO SAYING ITS MORE IMPRESIVE WHEN DONE WITH PRIMARILY FACTORY ENGINE/TRANS AND USING THE FACTORY MODULES
.I THINK WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT WE COULD BUY A ROLLING CHASIS CAR THATS CERTIFIED TO GO 7S AND THEN BUILD A SET UP WITH TURBOS AND RUN FAST ITS EASY TO GET A PARTS LIST THAT WILL DO THAT ,WE ALREADY HAVE CARS THAT WENT 7S WITH THE FACTORY ECUS AND 8 SPEED TRANS ,ZDUNGHO HAS DONE IT AND JON SIPPLE HAS AS WELL ,THE PROBLEM IS AT THAT LEVEL YOUR NOT GOING TO GET A FACTORY BLOCK TO HOLD UP AND THE 8 SPEED WILL SUFFER AS WELL ,AND ANYONE THAT GETS TO THAT POINT EXPECTS MOTOR ISSUES TO ARRIVE ,YOUR NOT GONNA BE A WEEKEND WARRIOR AT THE TRACK WITH THAT KINDA OF POWER WITHOUT HAVING TO DROP A LOT OF CASH IN IT CONSTENTLY ! I THINK ITS BEST YOU DECIDE ON A REASONABLE TIKJME TO RUN WHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK ON THE CAR EVERY WEEK BEFORE ANOTHER EVENT

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I DONT THINK HES KNOCKING THE RACE CAR SO MUCH AS TO SAYING ITS MORE IMPRESIVE WHEN DONE WITH PRIMARILY FACTORY ENGINE/TRANS AND USING THE FACTORY MODULES
.I THINK WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT WE COULD BUY A ROLLING CHASIS CAR THATS CERTIFIED TO GO 7S AND THEN BUILD A SET UP WITH TURBOS AND RUN FAST ITS EASY TO GET A PARTS LIST THAT WILL DO THAT ,WE ALREADY HAVE CARS THAT WENT 7S WITH THE FACTORY ECUS AND 8 SPEED TRANS ,ZDUNGHO HAS DONE IT AND JON SIPPLE HAS AS WELL ,THE PROBLEM IS AT THAT LEVEL YOUR NOT GOING TO GET A FACTORY BLOCK TO HOLD UP AND THE 8 SPEED WILL SUFFER AS WELL ,AND ANYONE THAT GETS TO THAT POINT EXPECTS MOTOR ISSUES TO ARRIVE ,YOUR NOT GONNA BE A WEEKEND WARRIOR AT THE TRACK WITH THAT KINDA OF POWER WITHOUT HAVING TO DROP A LOT OF CASH IN IT CONSTENTLY ! I THINK ITS BEST YOU DECIDE ON A REASONABLE TIKJME TO RUN WHERE YOU DONT HAVE TO WORK ON THE CAR EVERY WEEK BEFORE ANOTHER EVENT
I have to change glasses to read this...