Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

🚨 TODAY ONLY! 🚨 Black Friday Pricing on Whipple Superchargers

Trader history for HighHorseman (0)

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Why did they fail. Trying To set the world on fire. 🔥
if I can go 8.0 7.99 I’m ok. 8.50 would also be ok. Did people spend the money on good stuff I Don’t Know. You can’t use a cheap boost controller and you need to use c02.
Big turbos will be harder to spool. I went small ones should make 1800 flywheel. Just what the box says it can hold. Also swapped to a turbo cam and converter

I tend to agree with you, 8.0- 7.99 would be great to see out of it. 1800hp and only 8.5 I would be slightly disappointed as its just a dyno queen at that point, many have done that. Also 8.5 with what its going to cost to make the turbo work would be a kick in the nuts for the average guy. Hell I still think its gonna cost over 25k to get the turbo kit, intake, boost controller, co2 and correct converter without the cost of labor. not including the built engine to hold it all.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I tend to agree with you, 8.0- 7.99 would be great to see out of it. 1800hp and only 8.5 I would be slightly disappointed as its just a dyno queen at that point, many have done that. Also 8.5 with what its going to cost to make the turbo work would be a kick in the nuts for the average guy. Hell I still think its gonna cost over 25k to get the turbo kit, intake, boost controller, co2 and correct converter without the cost of labor. not including the built engine to hold it all.
8.5. Would not need all the boost for that. And you forgot my car is heavy I have a full cage in mine. Also

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have never had a Whipple problem on my car. The 4.5 ran 8.7 at 4500 lbs and was 100% reliable. The 3.0 DragPak has been bulletproof. My 3.8 ran 7.80 in the blue car and is still perfect. But…. I’m still going to turbos because of the issues. Dodging that bullet has just been luck. Do they have it figured out like I’ve been told? I think they have (hope they have) but I have a car that can put a proper turbo setup to work and I don’t want to take the chance of repeated supercharger issues that would cost me time, travel expense or a loss at the track. I still own the fastest blower only 3.8 in a 4000 lb car (it lives in a box in the shop now). And having just gone 8.22 on a blower only 3.0 in a 4000 lb car, I have the fastest one of those too. When we ran the Last Call event at Vegas last March, the Blue Car (no 1 qualifier) lost in the final because the 3.8 (Adams not mine) ate itself after 8 passes. That was a $3000 purse that was also lost. I know when we run the new turbo setup there will be some haters out there saying it’s just a fullblown/high dollar race car that isn’t even a Hellcat anymore. That real hellcats with turbos don’t work. It’s right that there’s a lot of stuff that needs to done to make turbos work, but there are some packages being developed out there right now that are going to include that and the supercharger issues are helping drive it. Things have changed so much in the last four years that stuff that wasn’t possible is now commonplace. 3.5 years ago I was one of 6 cars that had run a 8. Now there are about 100. I predict in two years we will have a list of 7 second twin turbo Hellcats on the Drag n Drive tour. Anybody wanna bet ? 😁

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Two different categories in my opinion. At 4700 lbs you shouldn’t be compared to a 4000 lb car. If you ran a 8.4 at that weight then you can certainly make that claim and I won’t argue that. That’s why I added the 4000 lb stat. There are some extremely light cars out there (OST for example) that are in a different catagory. Non of these numbers last for long and it doesn’t matter. It’s simply a statement of what’s possible and should be used as a benchmark for others to aim at.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Not trying to be a dick mark but your 4000 solid axle race suspension th400 prepped track does not impress me.

we have been just as fast at 4700 pounds in the heat on a test and tune night. Wirh a A8 and IRS

I have went 7.30 @ 203 in a street car on a small tire I will get a hellcat to go

I hand a long talk with reaper The street outlaw. He wants NPK to be street cars all modern drive trains in 2024. Looks like it’s coming for sure as a support to the big guys. And your car would not qualify

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You racing the series?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I wasn’t 4700lbs for my 8.4. I was about 4550.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All this BS aside.

What would be a fair offer for a 2.7 IHI that's fully dressed with rails/injectors/etc?

I obviously don't need any of the ancillary stuff. Just wondering. May have found one semi-local.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Between the all CAPS and the inability to use

a

carriage

return,

oranypunctuationthisisahardthreadtoread.

Just saying.

; )

Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Challenger Redeye
Our shop is in Mill Hall (exit 178), locations are around Montrose and for fun i drive 3.5hrs out to Numidia Dragway if I wanna make NHRA runs...so I get out to points on or around the 81 corridor pretty often.

Gonna have to get together with guys out that way this year. Track day?

The wife also likes to venture to Blaisdell and the other burbs to shop too so I'm up in that area at least a handful of times a year if there's anything going on you'll be participating in.

I live in Athens, PA. Just purchased a 2019 Redeye. They are going to re open a drag strip about 20 miles from me.

The SkyView Drags in New York is Reopening for the 2024 Racing Season (msn.com)

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I have a BRAND NEW 3.8 in my office at home that has a tight spot as I turn it but hand. It’s actually still in the box.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have a BRAND NEW 3.8 in my office at home that has a tight spot as I turn it but hand. It’s actually still in the box.
My new one had a tight spot by hand as well. Spoke wot Whipple before installing it. they do not run them prior to shipping them out. after the first start, it was smooth.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The supposed fix for the fix for the Gen 6 that fixed the Gen 5 fix...any sort of feedback yet on it that anyone's heard?

In the meantime I'm gonna focus on resurrecting this 427 I have laying around...I've also been THISCLOSE to installing a LT4 blower on my silverado. Because f%&k you. That's why.