Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tim Kuniskis on AutoLine

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I think the other issue is that people don’t want these rammed down their throats. If they’re so great people will gradually migrate to them.
Would they though? I disagree completely. American auto buyers are historically deathly afraid of change. Money could be coming out of the tailpipe and not very many people would make the switch.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
To be clear, I do think electric vehicles and the zero emissions thing is a sham. Unfortunately, there are a lot of less smart people out there that will buy into this. And a lot of them Vote etc. They believe this agenda without thinking or knowing.

As I said electric cars move the emissions someplace else. So maybe for heavily populated and polluted areas they might make sense. But is that right or fair? Likely not.

Do I think it is a good thing that Stellantis is selling electric vehicles? Some electric vehicles? It can't hurt. All electric society? I think some valid points have been made. So, I don't think we have to worry about that. Ever.

Me personally, as I said, might have a situation where an electric vehicle might fit. #1 I might really really want that Charger if it can beat a Tesla Plaid off the showroom floor (the rumors say, yes). But I also have been considering a "runabout" vehicle to use around town here in Kingman. So, that vehicle could easily be electric. But mathematically and health wise I just cannot make it feasible in my mind. Besides I would prefer something like a mini pickup gasoline powered with a manual trans......

I will tell you I am disappointed to see that just about every thread that has anything to do with electric cars and the last call cars has been mostly negative. It seems to be the same people saying pretty much the same things over and over........Cult like. So, it is now the popular thing to do now coming out against electric cars and Tim K etc. I don't think so.......
People are still free to voice their opinion in certain arenas today.

When you look at something and realize what the end result is that makes 0 sense except for control of individual freedoms then you should lash out.

The functionality of these vehicles are a joke. Try going further than the store and back?

A guy around the corner bought a Tesla. Owned it for 2-3 weeks. Tried to go visit someone 300 miles away. With ac and other accessories on in the car and if you're not babying it, range is horrible.

At the same time forcing fuel prices up to try and force people to buy electric is not what this country is supposed to be about.

End of rant.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I think as car guys we feel differently about EVs and cars in general than the other 90% of people that do not care what they drive. They’re the ones driving the market.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If it prints out copies of time slips.
Combined
With that push to pass (nos) button
On the steering wheel. (In case you can’t get there)
This will be deadly on the drag strip
This may be my next gun.
And these cars and cars like it, if they ever see enough at the drag strip, will be off in their own little corner by themselves and the real gear heads on the other side of the track in the pits wrenching on their cars. They'll end up in separate classes because no one who's really in to hot rods will give s crap about them and you'll end up racing each other to empty bleachers because the race will be forgettable. No sound, no drama, just two cars with computers doing most everything for them running within .00001 of each other. Tell me I'm wrong.

Several motor sports arenas have already tried EVs and it's been a huge flop. Remember, Dodge isn't marketing these cars to us as Tim clearly stated. How many millennials do you see at the drag strip?

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Of course.
Similar to the
Demon.
Trust me and let people know
It’s Bone stock.

It stings when you have been wrenching on the same car for years making it faster
And more consistent.
Now here comes
Some young punk
Who turns on the win light
With every pass.

in his brand new built for drag racing
Bonestocker.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Would they though? I disagree completely. American auto buyers are historically deathly afraid of change. Money could be coming out of the tailpipe and not very many people would make the switch.
Some are afraid of change but others not so much or Tesla wouldn’t still be in business. It’s obviously taken time for them to be a player in the market but I still think their quality is junk and you never know when one’s going to burn to the ground. I think as the technology evolves and improves more and more people will become comfortable with it and may be buyers. Myself, I’m not interested until an EV can be as good or better than my ICE vehicle at a comparable cost and can be charged as quickly as a gas fill up.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And is that a bad thing...:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Some are afraid of change but others not so much or Tesla wouldn’t still be in business. It’s obviously taken time for them to be a player in the market but I still think their quality is junk and you never know when one’s going to burn to the ground. I think as the technology evolves and improves more and more people will become comfortable with it and may be buyers. Myself, I’m not interested until an EV can be as good or better than my ICE vehicle at a comparable cost and can be charged as quickly as a gas fill up.
I am just dead set against anyone being forced to buy a vehicle that is not what they want...regardless of any other factors...PERIOD...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
And is that a bad thing...:unsure:
Definitely. I remember when fuel injection was finally used in mass production. People were scoffing and calling it blasphemy lol. Carbs were the norm and all I heard was how they were ruining things.
Front wheel drive was another. Oh the horror lol.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Definitely. I remember when fuel injection was finally used in mass production. People were scoffing and calling it blasphemy lol. Carbs were the norm and all I heard was how they were ruining things.
Front wheel drive was another. Oh the horror lol.
What your really saying...a segment of the American population that purchases autos...sometimes doesn't know what's good for them...:unsure:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
What your really saying...a segment of the American population that purchases autos...sometimes doesn't know what's good for them...:unsure:
No lol. Just that theyre morbidly afraid of change.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
That’s why we have the government to tell us. 🙄 Duh!!😂😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No lol. Just that theyre morbidly afraid of change.
Hmmm...could that explain why I still carry a flip phone...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I am just dead set against anyone being forced to buy a vehicle that is not what they want...regardless of any other factors...PERIOD...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Even california you will always be able to buy ice used. No one but the free market is making the manufacturers make these choices. There are a ton of people out there that want these.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Hmmm...could that explain why I still carry a flip phone...
Jitterbug I’m guessing? 😂

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Now thats funny

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Even california you will always be able to buy ice used. No one but the free market is making the manufacturers make these choices. There are a ton of people out there that want these.
What good is a used ice...when you're in the market for new...I don't agree free market is driving this initiative..

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
What good is a used ice...when you're in the market for new...I don't agree free market is driving this initiative..
I think it’s both. Us older guys will never go for it but the younger gen isnt so attached to ICE. Hell unlike you they just want the new iPhones so it stands to reason that EV’s are much more widely accepted by them. They have no idea what a clutch is or does, what a spark plug does, or even how to change a tire. Honestly none of this surprises me.

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Just because a company tells you to do something doesn't mean you have to do it. I'd have told them find someone else.
And these cars and cars like it, if they ever see enough at the drag strip, will be off in their own little corner by themselves and the real gear heads on the other side of the track in the pits wrenching on their cars.
And I feel sorry for such a brilliant young man as yourself.
Your corner will get much smaller every year. Until you won't have a corner someday.

People seemed to have missed years ago when FCA sold out to Peugeot and pointed out the fact the Europeans had a big jump on EVs verses any other partner.

If it's just this year the news is new to the forums...people haven't been paying attention.. so sorry for you..that cannot read between the lines

EV and or a combination of ICE/EV is the wave of the future.
Deal with it.

As for me as does the Dragracer guy admits

Are you all coming along? Or just stand by and throw rocks at what's coming?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
And I feel sorry for such a brilliant young man as yourself.
Your corner will get much smaller every year. Until you won't have a corner someday.

People seemed to have missed years ago when FCA sold out to Peugeot and pointed out the fact the Europeans had a big jump on EVs verses any other partner.

If it's just this year the news is new to the forums...people haven't been paying attention.. so sorry for you..that cannot read between the lines

EV and or a combination of ICE/EV is the wave of the future.
Deal with it.

As for me as does the Dragracer guy admits

Are you all coming along? Or just stand by and throw rocks at what's coming?
An EV is an appliance. I may have one some day for a daily if they catch on enough to really be viable, but a hot rod they are not.

I don't HAVE to accept anything and there were more 40 year old muscle cars at Moparty than modern ones by a large margin. No ones gonna care about EV racing. It's kinda like seeing which microwave can heat the frozen dinner the quickest.

Tim said we're not their target customer anymore right? Ford seems to want our money though.