Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Success! 12" wide - square/rotatable WHEELS FOR A WIDEBODY

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #41
It's interesting the load rating on a tire that size is the same as our 275/40 and 305/35.
I am going to have you drive a session and hear how it compares. June 22 is the full course Vette day. Take it off!

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I am going to have you drive a session and hear how it compares. June 22 is the full course Vette day. Take it off!
The Cup2 difference (grip) is pretty remarkable. Noise I can’t comment on, because my R888R tires are on the Atom.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #43
Those R888R's are demoted to spares and for the balance of my first day this year (heat cycle the Cup 2), and drifting practice.

Cresson has not put their April schedule yet. I am waiting on my buddy to make a call next week to see what may work before I commit to something, so standby if you can.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
Ta da! Hats off to @TRIUMPH, the wheels fit perfect. If it works like it looks this is going to be fun.

The car got hot enough idling to kick on the fans! It was 15 out! Notice the one shot, the snow was blowing off one of the trees on the car. I used the CA duster to wipe it away. The body had already cooled so the snow was not melting on it.

Big ass...
IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1283.PNG IMG_1284.jpg
Octane Red may be the only thing better than Jazz Blue IMO.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Damn. That looks REALLY good.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Damn forgot to put on the yellow protector!

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
OMG i see those dam yellow protectors every where, what are people thinking. That setup looks dam good!!

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Wow.

Not only does that look incredible, but those steamrollers look damn near big enough to keep that beast planted on the track.

Looking forward to your results (probably not as much as you are though).

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Damn that looks great. Why oh why did I promise my wife to leave the WBRE stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
Damn that looks great. Why oh why did I promise my wife to leave the WBRE stock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did too, don't worry about it. Claim the beginning of Alzheimer's is setting in. Then she will feel sorry for you too.

Doc B

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ripon
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Ta da! Hats off to @TRIUMPH, the wheels fit perfect. If it works like it looks this is going to be fun.

The car got hot enough idling to kick on the fans! It was 15 out! Notice the one shot, the snow was blowing off one of the trees on the car. I used the CA duster to wipe it away. The body had already cooled so the snow was not melting on it.

Big ass...
View attachment 12591

View attachment 12592

View attachment 12593 View attachment 12594
Octane Red may be the only thing better than Jazz Blue IMO.[/QUOTE

I’m in the process of copying you with these wheels. No problem with those big front tires now that you’ve got them on? No modifications needed?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Howdy Sir! Are you having your TPMS sensors cloned for running different wheels?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
By the way... Car looks awesome! Really digging the wider set up.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
And last but not least... You are not having any problems with ABS or anything with respect to running a 325F and 345R set up? Wondering where the breaking point is for tolerance on this.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
Howdy Sir! Are you having your TPMS sensors cloned for running different wheels?
Biz, included the sensors. It was just in the drive but idled long enough if it did not like them, it would have told me. I know he needed my VIN tires program them.

By the way... Car looks awesome! Really digging the wider set up.
Thanks!
And last but not least... You are not having any problems with ABS or anything with respect to running a 325F and 345R set up? Wondering where the breaking point is for tolerance on this.
I use a 305 front and 345 rear setup for the street also. No problems at all.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
McLovin and DGatzby and All,

This is a great thread and I can't wait to hear your verdict, DGatzby, on your Red Eye Wide Body suspension mods, those great-looking 12" wheels (staggered tire widths to boot!), and Pilot Sport Cup 2's. I'm new to the HPDE scene so appreciate the expertise of posters. Keeping your stock Devil's Rims with the Toyo tires will be useful for any extended periods of street driving between tracking your car, and for cooler weather.

I have an acquaintance here in Northern Kentucky with a lot of racing experience, mostly Corvettes and Camaros, and who still runs his cars in HPDE events, and I asked him about wheels/tires. He said, "Wheels, tires, alignment are the most important aspects of making your car controllable and fast on a road course. Added width is generally helpful. As for tire compounds the Michelin Cup 2 tires are very sticky when warm but really treacherous when cold. I've run several sets of them but be super careful until they are warm. They will slide with little warning and keep going if they are cold. The Pilot Sport 4 is a much safer tire and will last longer. Just a bit less quick when hot. Wide tires need wide wheels for sure."

I was happy to hear his advice for me as a Novice Class driver was the safer avenue with Pilot Sport 4's - answering McLovin's question about having just one set of wheels and tires for mostly street, occasional track events, and echoing DGatzby's endorsement. I will be driving a couple of hours each way to local tracks on the tires I'll use in HPDE so Pilot 4's will be ideal.

I also thought I'd pass along the caution about Pilot Sport 2's needing to be warmed up!

Best,

Finface

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
The pics look great! ...but are you running 345's all around - or - 325's up front and 345's on the rear? All 4 wheels are 12" wide correct? I'd be concerned if running 345's on the front, the tires might rub if you turn full right/left...

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Big ass...
View attachment 12591

View attachment 12592

View attachment 12593 View attachment 12594
Octane Red may be the only thing better than Jazz Blue IMO.
Dang. How'd I miss this.
Freaking BEAUTIFUL!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
The pics look great! ...but are you running 345's all around - or - 325's up front and 345's on the rear? All 4 wheels are 12" wide correct? I'd be concerned if running 345's on the front, the tires might rub if you turn full right/left...
Ya know I have not even tried the big ones up front. The track set has 325's in front. Looked at them through the turning range and they work better than a 305 on a wheel that sticks out a bit.

All four wheels are matching 12" wide 20" dia.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
Dang. How'd I miss this.
Freaking BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks. Can't wait to get some action shots with this setup. I drove it 500 miles with half the suspension mods this weekend and the 305/345 staggered set. Wow, what I pictured above is going to work well.