Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #441
So what do you do for a fuel tank in one of these 4-link conversions?.... you ask! Custom made 15 gallon in the trunk with a 2500hp rated Aeromotive brushless external pump.. what else? B2C05228-0578-4ABD-803E-7C37A305A229.jpeg E478BC22-631D-4EE8-B197-03B8B38DF81C.jpeg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I had no idea that this was you...

I bow down to you good sir, please teach me your ways! I at you with a humble 2.72 pulley, 1050x injectors, a BAP and a whole lotta burnt rubber caked in my fender wells.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
So what do you do for a fuel tank in one of these 4-link conversions?.... you ask! Custom made 15 gallon in the trunk with a 2500hp rated Aeromotive brushless external pump.. what else? View attachment 26996 View attachment 26997
Sounds about right

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #444
I had no idea that this was you...

I bow down to you good sir, please teach me your ways! I at you with a humble 2.72 pulley, 1050x injectors, a BAP and a whole lotta burnt rubber caked in my fender wells.
Haha. Thank you. Well we got the caked rubber in common. That’s something! That Video was us in Kentucky last June. Between the Chinese Virus and the Arizona heat we’ve been locked down since then. But... there’s a big Hellcat callout at the Red List race in Bakersfield, California on December 5th. That will be our next time on track and Stinky is already back in the shop getting ready to better that performance by a bunch. Immediately after that race, we go in for the same 4-link I’m showing off in this red car. That car is the one in that video with me. We are both running out of the shop in Phoenix and both cars will be set up the same except for the motors. Mine will remain supercharged while he will likely be going twin turbos.

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Haha. Ask Marc H what that was like. Absolute disgrace what Dodge with the new Dragpak.
Say WHAAAATTT? What did Dodge do that was so bad on the new Drag Paks? (other than make too few of them and sell them for mega bucks :( )

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #446
Say WHAAAATTT? What did Dodge do that was so bad on the new Drag Paks? (other than make too few of them and sell them for mega bucks :( )
It’s not what they did to the car. That is beyond what came before to the extent that’s it’s a full blown race car out of the box. It’s what they did to the 50+ people who were on the list to get one for the last year. After calling them to confirm that they were in fact racers and still wanting to get one to put on the track.... they pulled the rug out from under them to do another round of advertising and said first come first serve.... again. The real first come were the people who had already gotten in line and waited for over a year. This time around it was open to connected dealers who were only looking to put a markup on the price. If they really gave a damn about the so called “grass roots“ racers, they would make them per order and not limit them to a specific number to jack the price up for collectors.

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #447
So.... back to what’s going on in the shop and not manufacturing politics. Here is the new 15 gallon tank in place and you can see the cover over the cut out that allows the differential to move with the suspension. Because the IRS diff is fixed, there is no need for space above. Not the case with the live axle so the overhead had to be increased some. 7C256272-ADF9-4A04-B04B-C6B0EE3AE583.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #448
Back to Stinky.... coming apart for the next round of “improvements “. Getting ready to squash some west coast cats. 😼 04A0D734-A182-4F62-A92E-D16CD40D9CA8.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
So.... back to what’s going on in the shop and not manufacturing politics. Here is the new 15 gallon tank in place and you can see the cover over the cut out that allows the differential to move with the suspension. Because the IRS diff is fixed, there is no need for space above. Not the case with the live axle so the overhead had to be increased some. View attachment 27070
I think it's funny how people call the first generation muscle cars dinosaurs and out dated but yet we keep going back to some of the things they came factory with . CID, live axle , 15 inch wheels .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Back to Stinky.... coming apart for the next round of “improvements “. Getting ready to squash some west coast cats. View attachment 27071
You must be putting a 750 double pumper on it and a dual points distributor

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
It’s not what they did to the car. That is beyond what came before to the extent that’s it’s a full blown race car out of the box. It’s what they did to the 50+ people who were on the list to get one for the last year. After calling them to confirm that they were in fact racers and still wanting to get one to put on the track.... they pulled the rug out from under them to do another round of advertising and said first come first serve.... again. The real first come were the people who had already gotten in line and waited for over a year. This time around it was open to connected dealers who were only looking to put a markup on the price. If they really gave a damn about the so called “grass roots“ racers, they would make them per order and not limit them to a specific number to jack the price up for collectors.
this is exactly what happened i was told the decision was last minute from corporate and they thought that was the only fair way to do it,i did have a conversation with srt and said these should only be sold to people with comp licences it would have weeded out the dealers and speculators and been sold to racers so they can be seen at the track ,i did wind up ordering one and i am very happy about it but i just wish dodge would cater to the hardcore racers more. i had my name on the list since december last year sent articles and racing channel video interviews, pics of stacks of over 1500 timeslips from my demon racing,my wife videos of her racing her redeye,record run videos of the demon and it still came down to who answered an e mail faster than the next guy.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #452
You must be putting a 750 double pumper on it and a dual points distributor

Haha. If I was following the same line as the suspension that would be the case. Fortunately our engines are actually a improvement. When you look back at what those dual carb Hemi race motors made back then it’s just pitiful compared to now.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Haha. If I was following the same line as the suspension that would be the case. Fortunately our engines are actually a improvement. When you look back at what those dual carb Hemi race motors made back then it’s just pitiful compared to now.
No kidding right . I use to build and tweak carburetors then when I got into EFI I looked back and wondered how the old " controlled fuel leaks" actually worked as well as they did .

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #454
No kidding right . I use to build and tweak carburetors then when I got into EFI I looked back and wondered how the old " controlled fuel leaks" actually worked as well as they did .

Haha. Controlled fuel leak. Good one.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
So no more ice box. Since it is full race your tune probably has no or little timing pull when it is blasting down the track.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #456
So no more ice box. Since it is full race your tune probably has no or little timing pull when it is blasting down the track.
Changed to the side mount box. FADB2AF9-3211-46CF-BB1F-E359A24C35CE.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #457
So what do you do when you have a 15” conversion and want a bad ass street tire that will work on the dyno? This. 😝 6F0431F4-E35B-4275-92E3-90EAD68A9576.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
You are a sick Marc....... I like your style

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #459
You are a sick Marc....... I like your style

As fun as those are, it’s actually out of necessity. They are exactly the same size as the 315/60-15 Radial Pro I’m running. 30 tall by 12 wide. The race tires are no bueno on the dyno so I need something that is going to be the same diameter for gearing and be able to put the power down to the roller. Looks like it would make a great street tire too.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #460
New cylinder head stud package is in and Stinky is up and running. Replaced the T400 crossmember with one of the Gearhead Fabrications Chromoly pieces. Super light and strong with a built in driveshaft loop. That thing is locked down now! 7FF8C016-18F5-47DD-AB34-159D20CAA5FF.jpeg C4BBF184-DA05-4DE5-9D3C-2BC5E958D361.jpeg EB50CAF1-9828-47DC-AA45-3AD6F265BC0E.jpeg