Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,381
Im going back to post #1 and studying in depth. Got my notepad and items handy :)
👍🏼 It’s been a long trip.

Jroc

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Oh man I can't wait to see this thing done.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,383
Fresh set of mounts ready for In-N-Out Fest. Mounted them up in my office yesterday and torqued the beadlocks this morning. These things are like a big Double Double. 🤤 635FF236-3C38-453B-A35B-9933BED54010.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,384
So…. Fuel systems 😵‍💫. Going to the turbos has required several new learning requirements. At this point we’re staying with the ethanol (Ignite E90). The 2200cc injector I’m running now will not be enough for 2000hp. I’ve been told (unofficially) that neither will the 2600’s that are available now. The goal with a twin turbo at this level is to move to Methanol. A bunch of reasons to do that. So we need to be looking at a number of ways to do this. It’s one of the reasons I went with the new LME intake. It’s rated for 2400hp with the water intercooler. It has a dual injector option that will allow for Methanol with dual 2200cc injectors. I’m already using those now so I just have to add the second set. That will be a huge cost savings over what I would be looking at with a single set of atomizers. I’m currently using a external Aeromotive 7gpm gear drive pump that is gravity fed from a rear sump. Adding another one of those would provide the volume necessary for the switch to Methanol. I will have to make some changes to my fuel lines to work with that but once again, a big cost savings over the alternative. 8636CE8E-F8B9-438B-9775-F3107C0B8D16.jpeg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
So…. Fuel systems 😵‍💫. Going to the turbos has required several new learning requirements. At this point we’re staying with the ethanol (Ignite E90). The 2200cc injector I’m running now will not be enough for 2000hp. I’ve been told (unofficially) that neither will the 2600’s that are available now. The goal with a twin turbo at this level is to move to Methanol. A bunch of reasons to do that. So we need to be looking at a number of ways to do this. It’s one of the reasons I went with the new LME intake. It’s rated for 2400hp with the water intercooler. It has a dual injector option that will allow for Methanol with dual 2200cc injectors. I’m already using those now so I just have to add the second set. That will be a huge cost savings over what I would be looking at with a single set of atomizers. I’m currently using a external Aeromotive 7gpm gear drive pump that is gravity fed from a rear sump. Adding another one of those would provide the volume necessary for the switch to Methanol. I will have to make some changes to my fuel lines to work with that but once again, a big cost savings over the alternative. View attachment 118054
At this point wouldn’t mechanical make sense?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Twins on meth with dual injectors per cylinder is proven at 4,000 hp+ levels...BUT as I have learned by observing those that run it, it creates the potential of a very nasty failure mode whereby if any single injector quits for whatever reason under power, it creates an instant lean blowtorch for that cylinder that will consume everything around it and it happens so fast, nothing I know of can stop it, even the speed of the computer. It seems pretty rare, but can happen. I'm sure Marc knows that. Just have to be on top of clean fuel and utmost care of the injector wire harness and connections.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Yeah, make sure all injectors are plugged in and firing… haha. It happens quick.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,388
Twins on meth with dual injectors per cylinder is proven at 4,000 hp+ levels...BUT as I have learned by observing those that run it, it creates the potential of a very nasty failure mode whereby if any single injector quits for whatever reason under power, it creates an instant lean blowtorch for that cylinder that will consume everything around it and it happens so fast, nothing I know of can stop it, even the speed of the computer. It seems pretty rare, but can happen. I'm sure Marc knows that. Just have to be on top of clean fuel and utmost care of the injector wire harness and connections.
That’s one of the reasons to go to Methanol. It is more tolerant in rich/lean conditions as far as something that can hurt the engine. It runs so cold that detonation at the paltry power level I’ll be making isn’t going to happen. We’re not talking anything even close to those 4000hp levels. In conversations with others running a similar setup (turbos) they’ve seen issues with EGT’s beyond a certain power level with ethanol that is requiring they move to the Methanol.
Basically going to dual anything doubles the chance of a failure. Fuel pumps or injectors. The dual pump idea is just that. We’ll have further discussions on whether that’s a good idea or not. A belt driven pump is another option. Problem is I still have the accessory drive for the alternator. I’ve decided I don’t want to go to a 16 volt system. There’s all kinds of ways to skin the cat so I’ll probably end up with something I don’t even know about yet.

Last edited:

RGPIII

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Have you looked into the brushless systems?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,390
Have you looked into the brushless systems?
That’s what I have. The Aeromotive 7.0. It is rated for up to 2400hp on ethanol but only 1200 on Methanol. That goes to show the volume necessary for Methanol. They have a 10.0 but a single one of those still isn’t big enough. That why I’m thinking two together might be a way to go but I agree that a failure of one might be catastrophic.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Rage Fuel Systems
You might do a bit of looking around on Mike's site before making
any decisions about pumps.
He's a pretty sharp guy when it comes to blown alcohol(methanol) stuff.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,392
The money vacuum continues 😳. With speed comes risk and as much as I love my bright red Kirkey’s….. they gotta go. Once the 7.5 cert cage got the hoop, it added another concern. In order to leave room to get out of the car, the bar is right beside my head. It’s padded and I’ve got the best helmet money can buy but…. It’s a bar. I just purchased a new seat that will address that. If anybody is interested…. The Kirkey’s will be for sale in the future. 8F16A749-C7D6-400C-8FF0-03850D96ECE1.jpeg E72829B8-0211-49C5-AAB9-0B221CDB30F0.jpeg 7D8A4352-8F3B-4D25-A788-7107874395C2.jpeg E9BC8A5B-01A7-4843-BA53-726AED979D6F.jpeg 0E764C37-8474-49A2-BE30-8E849799FAB5.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,393
Car’s loaded and ready for In-N-Out Fest next weekend. One stop at the tire shop to balance the new Radial Pros and dial in the front alignment. Stinky is ready to kick some west coast ass. And enjoy a tasty Double Double after 🤤 3A54AC38-1B13-433A-9223-A27340E1CDF4.jpeg

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,394
A tidbit of information I just found out about the race I’ll be running at on Sunday. It’s a part of the show at the In N Out Burger 75th Anniversary Festival. I jumped on the limited race entry’s on day one and got in. The Pomona Fairplex has seating cap for 40k. It’s sold out. There’s this band called ZZ Top that will be there. Looks like In N Out knows how to party. This should be a trip 🙃

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I'm betting the crowd will be larger at that event than the NHRA finals in 2 weeks...

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Marc W dibs on the kirkeys 😂?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,397
@Marc W dibs on the kirkeys 😂?
They’re already spoken for. That happened as soon as I mentioned the new seat. Thanks though.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hey man no worries, I'm trying to put your go fast parts on my go fast car :)

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I have the fat boy 18” one. I’m not really a big dude, but I like the extra room. Get from somewhere with free shipping, will have to add the cover to get it there

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,400
At this point I’m making decisions based on the worst that could happen from a safety standpoint. If things go bad…. you’re going to want a bolstered seat that is as tight a fit as possible. Solidly mounted to the floor and roll cage in the back. No adjustability. Tight harnesses and neck protection in the form of a helmet tether device. The helmet should be as light as you can afford. I would suggest that you find access to the seat you’re considering and get into it to check fit. You’re not looking for long trip comfort that you can move around in. It’s a race car. I just purchased a drivers seat for side to side head protection from the roll cage that the Kirkey doesn’t provide. That’s the only reason I’m doing that. I found a close out deal on a Racetech manufactured seat that was last years model. The FIA certs are expiring so they are being rebranded as NecksGen and being sold at half price by them. They are a company that makes neck protection devices (nice ones). These seats are still being sold elsewhere for $1600+. I paid $900.