Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #81
Try and test it before the half mile. At least some street pulls to get some data.

Don’t wait till race day to get on it.
We’ll be doing some pulls a little ways from the shop where we can safely do that just to check on everything before loading up for the race. We may have Tim on the line while we’re running on Sunday. Thats a wait and see but if we can pull that off then we can do some “track support” tuning. Just the beginning of a long fun project.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
We’ll be doing some pulls a little ways from the shop where we can safely do that just to check on everything before loading up for the race. We may have Tim on the line while we’re running on Sunday. Thats a wait and see but if we can pull that off then we can do some “track support” tuning. Just the beginning of a long fun project.
Excited for you bud. Not being able to race for a year hurts inside lol.

Unleash the beast, and don’t be nice to it. Hit it. Hit it all the way every time.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #83
What is the ET estimate you are shooting for with this build?
I have a goal. It’s a long term one and it will defiantly be a challenge. It’s not going to be easy and I don’t expect to see it happen quickly and without some additional changes from where the car is now. That goal is to see 8.70’s at 160 in the quarter while retaining all the working stuff. In other words.... A streetable car with a complete working interior. Im not removing stuff for weight (except the seats to work with the cage and harness for safety). We are not going to see that with the stock trans. Plans are for a T400 as soon as possible. I just don’t have a package lined up on that yet so we’ll get her going and shoot for low 9’s to start on the A8. This is a goal/challenge/project for the fun of it. I enjoy working with the guys at the shop and they are all in to see what we can do. It’s a learning experience for all of us. They are doing stuff that they’ve never done before and that helps them with their capabilities going forward.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #84
Excited for you bud. Not being able to race for a year hurts inside lol.

Unleash the beast, and don’t be nice to it. Hit it. Hit it all the way every time.
Thanks Phil. We’re going to miss you at the NFZ next week. I really wanted to put one of those SRT AutoWorks stickers on your car. 😂. I talked to Marc about towing out for some winter in Florida vacationing and getting in on one of those zero DA track rentals you guys do. I’ll be looking at some select good performance events in the coming year if we get this thing going without any major problems.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks Phil. We’re going to miss you at the NFZ next week. I really wanted to put one of those SRT AutoWorks stickers on your car. 😂. I talked to Marc about towing out for some winter in Florida vacationing and getting in on one of those zero DA track rentals you guys do. I’ll be looking at some select good performance events in the coming year if we get this thing going without any major problems.
I would have killed to be out there. Alas, kids take the priority.

You gotta come out this way, we will have an awesome time. If you make it out, we will do a couple of races and we can head down to the keys and take the boat out, and party with Marc and some other forum members.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #86
I would have killed to be out there. Alas, kids take the priority.

You gotta come out this way, we will have an awesome time. If you make it out, we will do a couple of races and we can head down to the keys and take the boat out, and party with Marc and some other forum members.
Do the Duval Crawl? Lol. That is something to look forward to!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Do the Duval Crawl? Lol. That is something to look forward to!
I’ll pass on that lol. Been there done that. I’d rather kick back by the water with my feet up. Dark rum, splash of coke, and a squeeze of lime. Good food and good company.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #88
I’ll pass on that lol. Been there done that. I’d rather kick back by the water with my feet up. Dark rum, splash of coke, and a squeeze of lime. Good food and good company.
Haha. Yeah I hardly remember doing that years ago. Marc said he would pass along some dates when the time comes. Definitely be a good time. Couple of today’s pics. Got the hood pinned and the rear wheels on and clearanced. One more trip to the dyno with the race fuel and she’s ready to go. BED63BDD-69F1-4ACD-9F50-32930023131C.jpeg 1F455815-41D6-457D-95D3-410022B78E7F.jpeg 2490EE03-3A8D-4764-B6F8-E1EC4B74D574.jpeg

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Haha. Yeah I hardly remember doing that years ago. Marc said he would pass along some dates when the time comes. Definitely be a good time. Couple of today’s pics. Got the hood pinned and the rear wheels on and clearanced. One more trip to the dyno with the race fuel and she’s ready to go. View attachment 3639 View attachment 3640 View attachment 3641
Marc your car looks insane good luck this weekend

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #90
Phil... while I got you on the line. A question on what you think about this. We’ve been playing with the chiller. We’ve got it to where we think it’s about as good as it going to get. We haven’t insulated the lines yet but We will be doing that next. The actual temp of the coolant in the tank is down to 40 degrees and that’s with the tank at half full. So 3.5 gallons. Probably another one plus gallons in the system? I’m thinking at Gila Bend of topping the tank up to the full 7 gallons with ice before each run with the half tank already at these temps will give us the volume to make the full half mile with enough to keep the IAT down for the whole pass. What do you think. Any downside to doing that? FD82D5CC-D25A-4FF9-A1E5-4A142AEBC24E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #91
Marc your car looks insane good luck this weekend
Thanks. Have to admit I’m a little nervous. I haven’t gone this fast for a few years. Once the helmet goes on it all comes back but sitting here in my recliner it’s like WTF are you doing! 😂

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Phil... while I got you on the line. A question on what you think about this. We’ve been playing with the chiller. We’ve got it to where we think it’s about as good as it going to get. We haven’t insulated the lines yet but We will be doing that next. The actual temp of the coolant in the tank is down to 40 degrees and that’s with the tank at half full. So 3.5 gallons. Probably another one plus gallons in the system? I’m thinking at Gila Bend of topping the tank up to the full 7 gallons with ice before each run with the half tank already at these temps will give us the volume to make the full half mile with enough to keep the IAT down for the whole pass. What do you think. Any downside to doing that? View attachment 3643
No down side I think. I would fill the tank up all the way like you said.

If your racing for both days. I would experiment with full capacity and then half tank capacity on the second day and check the data logs.

Another thing I need to do and probably you as well, is completely drain the system and actually measure how much fluid is in the entire system. Would like to know the exact capacity.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Remember do not air your tires down so much. They need to be mostly firm with a little softness. I would start around 25 psi and see how it goes. You have to balance the traction with the overall stability of the car. To soft and you will be unstable and you will lose mph. You will gain mph with a more firm tire.

Since you won’t have traction at the start anyway, I would keep them on the firm side, get it moving and then roll into, once she has a full head of steam, send it, I would say if you can get a WOT hit around 50 you are are golden. Sooner and it hooks you got a crazy pass.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Lambo driver is such a cheater lol. Just launched and goes, no roll start lol.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #95
Thanks Phil. I ran the half mile last year with 30 lbs in the ET-R’s. It hooked surprisingly good. These new Pro’s are a whole other thing though. A lot more sidewall and at 28 lbs now they look over inflated. It’s going to take a little work to figure them out. I think they may like lower AP than the ET-R’s. I’m not going lower than 25 on the half though and I’d have to work down to that.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #96
6FC357F9-264B-4330-8C61-C0CBD2EAB705.jpeg

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Marc,

Stopped over at Mario’s today. Customer car is getting parted for a larger twin turbo build. The turbo 400 is for sale. If your looking for a deal that might be an option.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #98
Marc,

Stopped over at Mario’s today. Customer car is getting parted for a larger twin turbo build. The turbo 400 is for sale. If your looking for a deal that might be an option.
I am interested. Is there a contact to find out the details. Is it a Hellcat conversion with the SFI case that will bolt up to mine. If it is and the price is good, I will definitely be interested. Thanks

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I am interested. Is there a contact to find out the details. Is it a Hellcat conversion with the SFI case that will bolt up to mine. If it is and the price is good, I will definitely be interested. Thanks
I don’t know all the particulars.

Here is Mario’s email. Hit him up and let him know who I am and that I referred you.

Ihaveafastcarandyoudont@hotmail.com

The car that is doing the part outnis named Rhino. That’s the car that has the 400

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #100
All final adjustments and massaging is done. Time to take her out on the half mile on Sunday and see how she likes it. Got my new seats in and they are perfect. D941E6BE-42A4-46CA-8654-77FC52747DFA.jpeg E219F7AC-3B43-4F89-A631-7519AB0A2DFE.jpeg F9F263E7-4B1D-4213-A4E5-A31B28162C77.jpeg