Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Racer X is a good guy.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
And I bet there will be no shortage of melon heads forkin out their money...
Welcome to 2024, where every girl thinks she should be dating a 6 ft man, making 6 figures and packing 6 inches. (Basically me 🤣) but she has slept with more men than I have interacted with 🤣🤣🤣, has a face full of makeup, and has the attitude of "I don't need no man until I have to pay for dinner 🤣"

I'm exaggerating a little, but you "old folks" should count ur blessings you don't have to deal with this lol.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
the guy with the Demon 170 convertible.

Makes a sunroof look functional now on a d170 🤣

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
This Forum...is the ONLY social media I partake in...have no interest...or use for any of them...probably spend far too time on here as it is...:rolleyes:;)
Yeah it's fair, I mean in all honesty enthuasist forums are the social media of the 90s and 2000s, then myspace and fb came along, now it's instagram/snapchat/tiktok, etc etc

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Not sure what they are going to school for but I dont work with or personally know anyone making that kind of money and also has that much in the bank. I also don't live in a big city
The quickest route to net worth would be to take up a trade and tell the universities to shove it. After a few years learning the ropes, go out on your own. You'll have more work than you know what to do with. This applies to all trades...

Only a few people I know that make that kind of money and no one has more than $50k in readily available (cash) savings (NOT counting 401k, retirement investments)
There's only one person I know very well that could come up with kid knapping type of money if needed, fortunately he doesn't have any children:ROFLMAO::oops::cool:maybe that's why he has that kind of money :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Not commenting on my own situation. I'm doing OK
I included retirement in my post because anyone with that kind of money in savings better have a multiple of it in the market. For the longest time there were no interest savings accounts, with inflation you were losing money by having it in the bank. With the high starting salary of this generation, the contribution max being 21k, the employer match being 5% on average, and the fact that most of them can still live at home, they could have $100k in retirement before they get their first promotion.

Agreed.
Although in some areas, the 6 figure mark could be tough. But housing isn't as bad either so its give and take.
My wife was being recruited a couple of years ago to San Francisco area. Our jaws dropped when we saw the salary on the table. But then you look at real estate/cost of living and the percentages lined up to what we were paying currently.
If Cali wasn't such a hell hole, we probably would have done it.
Agree - to an extent. Post-pandemic a lot of the employers are paying stupid money for people to work remotely. A company in California will hire someone in slumsville and pay them a California wage. This is the world we live in now. Consider the savings that could be had if you didn't have to commute, buy lunch, or even own a vehicle... now ya see where this is going?

Anyone & everyone working for tax payers in Ontario makes very good money
Teachers, Police, Firefighters
All are north of 80K & many over 100K
University Teachers are easily over 100K & some at 150 K
My neighbor is senior skilled trades at Fords
He is well over 120K with his OT
Lots of good paying jobs in trades
The go getters work a lot but make a fortune
Real Estate agents made a killing the past 3 years in Canada
I know a several over 250K
Canadas cost of living is high also like our Prime Minister
I didn't include my friends to the north in my thought process, but it certainly applies. The very high cost of living up there (specifically Toronto) makes $100k feel like minimum wage.

I only have a couple folks I know that would be millennials. One graduated from a prestigious college with an audio engineering degree, $300K in student debt at the end, and couldn't get a job in music in Nashville. Ended up at Google as an in turn, that ended and now they're seeing if kids are tall enough to get on rides at Disney Land. I doubt they're making $100K/yr.
Others are decently sharp and finishing degrees in video production. I made a joke that I should have them run my YT channel and first words out of their mouth was "you'd have to pay me". They're younger than millennial, but shows the mentality of these younger generations. Oh, and they're getting a house given to them by their Grand Parents as well.
I also try to stay away from the millennials, don't get me wrong, but to come out of college with that kind of debt implies that they weren't real bright to begin with. The fact that they have a degree that averages $60k per year in income and it cost them $300k to obtain means they were going to be strapping people into the Dumbo ride for a living anyway. I do feel sorry for some of these people, they lacked real guidance and mentorship. I know without that I probably wouldn't be doing what I do... who the hell knows where I would have ended up. I mean no offense to your friends, that's just how I see it. $300k could have bought them a lot of tools to get into a trade...

You gotta check out dropshipping, social media, course selling, day trading, etc etc
If you are good at what you do today there's more ways to make money than you can imagine.
There's people in their 20s making 6 figures a month.... not a year, a month.
Do I think we are in the great social media bubble? Absolutely but your environment is everything.
Still I think the internet is the great equalizer, a few certifications and many companies are offering damn near 6 figure wfh careers. At no point in the past century has this much money been attainable at such a young age.
The problem with some of us is that we got too comfortable and ended up with too many responsibilities to drop it all and go head first into one of those make or break careers. I'm looking towards retirement more than I'm looking for more money. I've been around long enough to know that the more I make the more I spend... so I'm better off just chilling for a little bit, lol.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
The quickest route to net worth would be to take up a trade and tell the universities to shove it. After a few years learning the ropes, go out on your own. You'll have more work than you know what to do with. This applies to all trades...

I included retirement in my post because anyone with that kind of money in savings better have a multiple of it in the market. For the longest time there were no interest savings accounts, with inflation you were losing money by having it in the bank. With the high starting salary of this generation, the contribution max being 21k, the employer match being 5% on average, and the fact that most of them can still live at home, they could have $100k in retirement before they get their first promotion.

Agree - to an extent. Post-pandemic a lot of the employers are paying stupid money for people to work remotely. A company in California will hire someone in slumsville and pay them a California wage. This is the world we live in now. Consider the savings that could be had if you didn't have to commute, buy lunch, or even own a vehicle... now ya see where this is going?

I didn't include my friends to the north in my thought process, but it certainly applies. The very high cost of living up there (specifically Toronto) makes $100k feel like minimum wage.

I also try to stay away from the millennials, don't get me wrong, but to come out of college with that kind of debt implies that they weren't real bright to begin with. The fact that they have a degree that averages $60k per year in income and it cost them $300k to obtain means they were going to be strapping people into the Dumbo ride for a living anyway. I do feel sorry for some of these people, they lacked real guidance and mentorship. I know without that I probably wouldn't be doing what I do... who the hell knows where I would have ended up. I mean no offense to your friends, that's just how I see it. $300k could have bought them a lot of tools to get into a trade...

The problem with some of us is that we got too comfortable and ended up with too many responsibilities to drop it all and go head first into one of those make or break careers. I'm looking towards retirement more than I'm looking for more money. I've been around long enough to know that the more I make the more I spend... so I'm better off just chilling for a little bit, lol.
Every word…TRUE!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yup, completely understand.

Just was pointing out that the money is there you just have to know where to find it.

Imagine guys in their 20s driving supercars and living life that rich people in their 40s and 50s enjoy.

Youth + money = experiences that you can never replicate

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Welcome to 2024, where every girl thinks she should be dating a 6 ft man, making 6 figures and packing 6 inches. (Basically me 🤣) but she has slept with more men than I have interacted with 🤣🤣🤣, has a face full of makeup, and has the attitude of "I don't need no man until I have to pay for dinner 🤣"

I'm exaggerating a little, but you "old folks" should count ur blessings you don't have to deal with this lol.
I'd be forever single if I was 21 again in this day and age.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@2pac tried to follow you on Instagram and can't find you. What's the name?

@Jack_Toepfer you assume these people actually wanna work. This same millennial would also barge in to their parent's kitchen looking like they just woke up only it's 4 in the afternoon complaining about needing gas money for the car their parents bought them. Oh, and they were 30 years old at the time.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Speedy! - you nailed it. My sentiment exactly, if they aren’t making the dough, they don’t want to.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'd be forever single if I was 21 again in this day and age.
Tell me about it 🤣

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
@2pac tried to follow you on Instagram and can't find you. What's the name?

@Jack_Toepfer you assume these people actually wanna work. This same millennial would also barge in to their parent's kitchen looking like they just woke up only it's 4 in the afternoon complaining about needing gas money for the car their parents bought them. Oh, and they were 30 years old at the time.
Hellrazor797

If you follow jon you can find me through his account as well.

Yeah as far as the second part goes there's also a good portion of freeloaders. For every highly motivated 20 year old in this day n age there are 5 other "bums"

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #432
We have 3 millennial daughters. 2 are highly successful and 1 is just a mess. Makes us sad.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
We have 3 millennial daughters. 2 are highly successful and 1 is just a mess. Makes us sad.
2 outta 3 ain’t bad! Not in this day and age.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #434
2 outta 3 ain’t bad! Not in this day and age.
We have 2 older that are doing well.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
the guy with the Demon 170 convertible.

Like who is he? Just some bloke making videos?

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Instagram doesn't pay a dime 🤣🤣🤣.

There was a reels incentive program for a short while but it was invite only and I didn't get invited.

On a positive note I have saved thousands of dollars on modifications for my m3. Marketing for products and contacting companies has gotten me discounted or free stuff. Not really paying me but it is inventivized.

List of what I have gotten so far

Free
Oled sequential tail lights ($500 value)
Oil cooler guard ($200)
93/e50 tune ($800)
Destroyer1320 neutral block plate ($30)

Awe has offered me to come to their shop and put on an exhaust for one of my cars
(Saving this for the demon hopefully)

And Few other small things I'm forgetting

50% discounted or more
Igla (for redeye) I paid significantly less
Axleback exhaust system (m3)
Midpipe (m3)
Carbon fiber aero pieces m3 (grille/air ducts, side skirts, diffuser, mirror caps, etc etc)

10-50%
Rgbw drls (m3) (50%)
Downpipes m3 ($1000 discount)
Carbon fiber Intake (redeye)
Front mount Intake (m3) different company
Bm3 (tuning software)

There's a few big sponsors I'm working on getting in contact with such as nitto, kw suspension, etc etc

The market is there if you wanna sell yourself, the one thing I'll say about content creation is that it's not as easy as people think it is. There's a ton of effort and work required to make videos like filming, cutting/editing, posting, etc etc

I'm still in the boat that this stuff is useless for the general masses but it's a ton of marketing for these parts companies.
How about youtube? Heard one girl musician say she made nothing and heard another guy mechanic say it paid for his mclaren...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
How about youtube? Heard one girl musician say she made nothing and heard another guy mechanic say it paid for his mclaren...
No guarantees for YouTube, but nothing stopping anyone from trying. The guys I watch are just like me, they just took it more seriously while I pursued a career.
Everyone has a phone with a camera, contributing to it is free, no cost of admission… Just not everyone makes it big.

I have a garbage video that I made for my friends that was a global success. Completely random… nothing else had that wide of an audience. I also do nothing to promote and I don’t monetize.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
No guarantees for YouTube, but nothing stopping anyone from trying. The guys I watch are just like me, they just took it more seriously while I pursued a career.
Everyone has a phone with a camera, contributing to it is free, no cost of admission… Just not everyone makes it big.

I have a garbage video that I made for my friends that was a global success. Completely random… nothing else had that wide of an audience. I also do nothing to promote and I don’t monetize.
Seems like some people are more interesting than others. Some people are natural story tellers. Ed Bolian comes to mind. Wish there was more hellcat/srt content.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Seems like some people are more interesting than others. Some people are natural story tellers. Ed Bolian comes to mind. Wish there was more hellcat/srt content.
You could make some.
The hellcat stuff is less mainstream now and I’d imagine those people that got in early are still doing OK, but even the 170 isn’t drawing attention like a 2015 Hellcat back in the day. The 2018 did well for Demonology, but who else got that kind of attention based on that 1 car?
If you already have a following, bringing HC content to the channel won’t hurt, but they’re played out for the most part. I mean, they’re 10 years old damn near.
Consider this is the best Hellcat site around… how many active users do we have here? Few dozen maybe?
I say try it, take some videos with your phone, edit it on your phone, post it from your phone, share the link here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Actually Jack ...the quickest way to substantial net worth...(if you have anything on the ball)..find a rich old widow..preferably with no kids..and in failing health...(trust me they are out there)...now this may require you to occasionally wear a collar..and bark @ the moon on all fours..as well as other sundry tasks...but the commitment should be bout the same time wise as to obtain an MBA at a school of higher learning..and the financial gain will far and away exceed the earning potential of ANY skilled tradesman...or white collar professional :giggle::giggle::giggle:;)