Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Racer X is a good guy.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think some of that is because Dodge. Age demographic is a thing when it comes to things like YT.
Dodge also claimed to have the youngest demographics of the major car brands.
And specifically targeting millennials.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah, I saw that and think they're full of crap. We'll find out next year though right?

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge also claimed to have the youngest demographics of the major car brands.
And specifically targeting millennials.
Certainly not at the prices they're asking.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I think some of that is because Dodge. Age demographic is a thing when it comes to things like YT.
I think that's on the content creators

There are a few goofy dodge themed channels that do a lot better, obviously their content isn't as serious and they do stuff like gunshot tunes, donuts, etc etc

But maybe dodge should be offering them these cars as well.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #385

There are a few goofy dodge themed channels that do a lot better, obviously their content isn't as serious and they do stuff like gunshot tunes, donuts, etc etc

They get the Banshee.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

Maybe, and the current generation LOVE drama (too much reality TV and social media IMO). My channel is tiny by comparison to some. I must be doing something wrong. I've actually considered hiring a marketing firm to run it for a year to see if it helped. I have strong suspicion some other channels do exactly that. I've left comments and gotten odd responses on some of these popular channels, like responses that lead me to believe it's not from a US based person.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Certainly not at the prices they're asking.
At 59k, they had everyone's attention for a Hellcat.

But somehow, that became a 90k car.
Market forces, covid, inflation blah blah blah. Wages didn't rise with all the bullshit.

And now Millennials are turning 44 this year. An age where a 60k hot rod like a Hellcat could be attainable. Instead, that doesn't even get you a Scat Pack.

The greed starts at the top with Stellantis and has trickled down to its dealers.

And they wonder why they have the most lot rot of any brand.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Maybe, and the current generation LOVE drama (too much reality TV and social media IMO). My channel is tiny by comparison to some. I must be doing something wrong. I've actually considered hiring a marketing firm to run it for a year to see if it helped. I have strong suspicion some other channels do exactly that. I've left comments and gotten odd responses on some of these popular channels, like responses that lead me to believe it's not from a US based person.
I grew my instagram from 0 to 30k followers in a year with multiple million view reels. My content is a little different as it's short form but if you want some help, guidance, wanna bounce ideas off somebody, feel free to dm me.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
They get the Banshee.
I think a demon in the hands of one of these goofy channels would get more views on one video than all three of the oned mentioned above in a series of videos.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
At 59k, they had everyone's attention for a Hellcat.
And now Millennials are turning 44 this year. An age where a 60k hot rod like a Hellcat could be attainable. Instead, that doesn't even get you a Scat Pack.
FinA. Millenials are hitting 40s already... Didn't need a reminder how old I am getting. I keep hearing "millennial" and thinking snot-nosed rug-rat through barely into college age.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
They gifted him a demon at msrp, surely they can honor his "warranty".

In all seriousness tho the whole racing voids warranty is dumb to me, many other manufacturers don't care if you race so long as it's not modified.
I don't believe racing voids the warranty on the Demon 170 similar to how the 2018 Demon was covered and the 1320 as well.
This is how it should be
WARANTY Should not be an issue on a car DESIGNED TO BE RACED and advertised as a 1/4 mile car!!
Add the Super Stock into that list above

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
WARANTY Should not be an issue on a car DESIGNED TO BE RACED and advertised as a 1/4 mile car!!
Add the Super Stock into that list above
It all should be covered.
The Hellcat was announced the big thing was 10.80 NHRA certified ETs on drag radials.

The car was always meant for the drag strip since it was revealed back in 2014.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
FinA. Millenials are hitting 40s already... Didn't need a reminder how old I am getting. I keep hearing "millennial" and thinking snot-nosed rug-rat through barely into college age.
As someone that doesn’t identify as a millennial, but was born within the accepted range, they can buy $90k cars. Not saying that they can afford them, but buying and living responsibly are 2 very different things.

FWIW - if a millennial you know that’s in their 30s or 40s isn’t making 6 figures and have that much in the bank/retirement, they’re not trying hard enough. The salaries are out of control these days and kids are making a killing.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
As someone that doesn’t identify as a millennial, but was born within the accepted range, they can buy $90k cars. Not saying that they can afford them, but buying and living responsibly are 2 very different things.

FWIW - if a millennial you know that’s in their 30s or 40s isn’t making 6 figures and have that much in the bank/retirement, they’re not trying hard enough. The salaries are out of control these days and kids are making a killing.
Not sure what they are going to school for but I dont work with or personally know anyone making that kind of money and also has that much in the bank. I also don't live in a big city

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Not sure what they are going to school for but I dont work with or personally know anyone making that kind of money and also has that much in the bank. I also don't live in a big city

School ?
Who needs an education
I hear fast food chains in Cali are paying 20 an hour
How much is a burger & a beer 50 ?

Just when you think Canada is crazy
Cali 1 ups us

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Only a few people I know that make that kind of money and no one has more than $50k in readily available (cash) savings (NOT counting 401k, retirement investments)
There's only one person I know very well that could come up with kid knapping type of money if needed, fortunately he doesn't have any children:ROFLMAO::oops::cool:maybe that's why he has that kind of money :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Not commenting on my own situation. I'm doing OK

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Agreed.

Although in some areas, the 6 figure mark could be tough. But housing isn't as bad either so its give and take.

My wife was being recruited a couple of years ago to San Francisco area. Our jaws dropped when we saw the salary on the table. But then you look at real estate/cost of living and the percentages lined up to what we were paying currently.

If Cali wasn't such a hell hole, we probably would have done it.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Agreed.

Although in some areas, the 6 figure mark could be tough. But housing isn't as bad either so its give and take.

My wife was being recruited a couple of years ago to San Francisco area. Our jaws dropped when we saw the salary on the table. But then you look at real estate/cost of living and the percentages lined up to what we were paying currently.

If Cali wasn't such a hell hole, we probably would have done it.
Anyone & everyone working for tax payers in Ontario makes very good money
Teachers, Police, Firefighters
All are north of 80K & many over 100K
University Teachers are easily over 100K & some at 150 K

My neighbor is senior skilled trades at Fords
He is well over 120K with his OT

Lots of good paying jobs in trades
The go getters work a lot but make a fortune

Real Estate agents made a killing the past 3 years in Canada
I know a several over 250K

Canadas cost of living is high also like our Prime Minister

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I only have a couple folks I know that would be millennials. One graduated from a prestigious college with an audio engineering degree, $300K in student debt at the end, and couldn't get a job in music in Nashville. Ended up at Google as an in turn, that ended and now they're seeing if kids are tall enough to get on rides at Disney Land. I doubt they're making $100K/yr.

Others are decently sharp and finishing degrees in video production. I made a joke that I should have them run my YT channel and first words out of their mouth was "you'd have to pay me". They're younger than millennial, but shows the mentality of these younger generations. Oh, and they're getting a house given to them by their Grand Parents as well.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You gotta check out dropshipping, social media, course selling, day trading, etc etc

If you are good at what you do today there's more ways to make money than you can imagine.

There's people in their 20s making 6 figures a month.... not a year, a month.

Do I think we are in the great social media bubble? Absolutely but your environment is everything.

Still I think the internet is the great equalizer, a few certifications and many companies are offering damn near 6 figure wfh careers. At no point in the past century has this much money been attainable at such a young age.