Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

POLL - Do you want the EV (MY24+ Dodge Charger Daytona Banshee) offering from Dodge SRT???

Do you want the EV offering from Dodge SRT???

• (+) Yes, I want it as soon as I can order it.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • (n) - I'll wait and see.

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • (n) - Not as currently revealed (i.e. Style, fake trans/exhaust), but maybe with significant changes

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • (n) - I was interested (maybe) in the hybrid trans possibility on the existing platform of RE/HC

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • (-) NEVER! Long live I.C.E.!

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • (-) NEVER! EVs based on Climate Change are a lie!

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other... Yeah, you know the deal, say it below...

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • (-) No, Not for me

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • (+) I am interested but want to learn more

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • (+) I am interested as an option after my current car?

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
To be fair, the poll is very, very weighted to produce that result.

You've designed it so there's exactly one choice to say anything positive about the car, and that choice is self-selecting for failure. "I want to order one as soon as I can?" What about "I am interested but want to learn more?" What about "I am interested as an option after my current car?" Even your "not as currently revealed" is negative in that a person who likes several things about the car but not all things has to express that they dislike it.

You've also - frankly - politicized the pool. Your most popular selection is effectively "climate-change is a lie". Sure, sure, it's technically worded that EVs are a lie, but you know perfectly well that if you include "climate-change" and "lie" in the same sentence, nobody's reading the other words. The main problem with this choice is that you're shifting the conversation from this car to science/fact vs anti-science/conspiracy politics. "I don't want any EV" isn't a useful data point.

I find some of the reactions here kind of comedic. I'm supposed to believe that if the body/shape of this car had a Hellcat engine in it, the forum wouldn't be lighting up in joy? I'm sorry, but that thing is close in shape to a bunch of drawings and designs that have been floating around for a decade, making people on the LX-chassis forums drool. Almost nobody's willing to say "those tail lights are awesome but I dislike X, Y, Z". Or "the sport-back design is intriguing... I like how much space that opens up."

As it stands, all this poll really tells us is how the forums denizens vote (blue/red). It doesn't tell us anything about the car in particular and what people honestly think about it. Everyone's playing the polar game. Hate, hate, hate, regardless of what interesting features it's got and regardless of the ways that it's different from (and subjectively, maybe better than) other EVs.
This is a gearhead Hellcat forum, not Quinnipiac fer cry’n out loud. Of course it’s biased. Just the way most of us like it.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
This is a gearhead Hellcat forum, not Quinnipiac fer cry’n out loud. Of course it’s biased. Just the way most of us like it.
You mean, you didn't join this forum, for its stringent adhesion to the scientific method?

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I see an easier way , walk that will really save the world! While on the other side of the world there building coal plants faster that a Tesla Plad
Aw phack don t get me going
Trudick is taxing the PHACK out of Canadians & calling it the price for climate change
With Canada s population vs our mass we are pretty green already

*N$#(_$&#_($*&#(*$&#(*$&#)&$#)&*$)#$#

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Aw phack don t get me going
Trudick is taxing the PHACK out of Canadians & calling it the price for climate change
With Canada s population vs our mass we are pretty green already

*N$#(_$&#_($*&#(*$&#(*$&#)&$#)&*$)#$#
I feel your pain ! This moron is destroying our country so we’re all in the same situation 🙁

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #86
...What about "I am interested but want to learn more?"
My second option reflects this nicely, but I'll add your verbiage to give you that satisfaction.

What about "I am interested as an option after my current car?"...
Sure... But #2 covered this as well.

Anything else you want me to add?

:unsure:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Bulls being nice! Frogs bull frogs😆

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #88
..."I don't want any EV" isn't a useful data point.

I missed this when I first read your post...

Fuck if it isn't!

If people don't want ANY EV, THAT is absolutely an important data point, and Dodge should know it, and then CHOKE on it...

Have a nice day! (George Carlin)

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I missed this when I first read your post...

Fuck if it isn't!

If people don't want ANY EV, THAT is absolutely an important data point, and Dodge should know it, and then CHOKE on it...

Have a nice day! (George Carlin)
I, for one, do not want ANY EV.

I have my reasons and they are not up for debate.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Fuck
I, for one, do not want ANY EV.

I have my reasons and they are not up for debate.

Add me to the list.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I think @Anguish has a few fair points. Adding in "climate change" is obvious red meat and will obviously rile up the local masses, lol. As a trained physical scientist I've got obvious issues here, but this is a car venue not a peer-review science board so I don't expect too much on that front!

I do agree with Bull about including wanting ANY EV or not. That's totally fair. I might tweak it though, adding High-Performance EV. My wife has a plug-in hybrid and for grocery getting, local puttering, etc that she loves. As someone who handles the maintenance of our "fleet", I will admit it almost has zero cost (outside of charging so far). I have put in maybe 10 tanks of gas since January 2019. Original brakes and tires are still on the car. Overall, kinda crazy, really. A high-performance EV is a joke though. FAST GOLF CARTS are a hard pass for me regardless of the performance. That's what I voted for.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I think @Anguish has a few fair points. Adding in "climate change" is obvious red meat and will obviously rile up the local masses, lol. As a trained physical scientist I've got obvious issues here, but this is a car venue not a peer-review science board so I don't expect too much on that front!

I do agree with Bull about including wanting ANY EV or not. That's totally fair. I might tweak it though, adding High-Performance EV. My wife has a plug-in hybrid and for grocery getting, local puttering, etc that she loves. As someone who handles the maintenance of our "fleet", I will admit it almost has zero cost (outside of charging so far). I have put in maybe 10 tanks of gas since January 2019. Original brakes and tires are still on the car. Overall, kinda crazy, really. A high-performance EV is a joke though. FAST GOLF CARTS are a hard pass for me regardless of the performance. That's what I voted for.
This was supposed to be a sentiment indicator with multiple votes allowed. Not sure the need to discredit something that never was intended or implied to be anything else. How questions are worded do matter in any poll, scientific or not.

I'm willing to give EVs a chance although I resent the central planning, forced anti-free market strategies based on false (IMO) environmental considerations.

Real question is price point? Without all info available these responses are simply knee jerk at best.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
1662896783617.jpg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
mb4rgsbh7oy81.jpg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So here's what odd for me. On vacation we've seen some people riding some cool looking bikes that have an electric assist motor and a battery. I thought that was a great way to get around on the beach going from tiki bar to tiki bar. I've considered buying one for putting around locally, but not many bike areas here so I'd likely get run over.

However, I have no interest in that same technology for a car. I'm honestly not sure why I'll consider the bicycle and not the car?

I would for sure be interested in a hybrid, performance model or otherwise, especially for a daily driver. A 300-400 TT gas powered engine with two electric motors for each front tire at 100HP each and I'm very interested. Gas engine charges battery for electric motors and gets 75mpg. Sign me up. Full electric, nope.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
IMG_20221007_170146_889.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
If they really want us to drive EV's then make golf carts street legal below a certain CC limit just like they do with all of those scooters.

I'd buy one of these next week if I could drive it 80% of the places I go. Fortunately I'll be able to do that when I move to my retirement area.

ICON_i40L_with_2_Tone_Seats_1_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'd even go for one of these if I could drive it to the store and back.

barbie vette.gif

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If they really want us to drive EV's then make golf carts street legal below a certain CC limit just like they do with all of those scooters.

I'd buy one of these next week if I could drive it 80% of the places I go. Fortunately I'll be able to do that when I move to my retirement area.

View attachment 84168
That's street legal on certain streets. About the same money as a used car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That's street legal on certain streets. About the same money as a used car.
Not in my area unfortunately, but they are where I'm retiring to.

And the weather will be lots nicer year round there too.

Last I checked, that model I posted came in at around $9k