Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pay to play my A$$

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
m5 base can be had for just over 1k on a demo or if your states lease taxes are low, 2021 will be a refresh for the m5 so look to see some good deals on the 2020 towards the end of this year or next march.

I just picked up an f150 platinum so I'll be waiting for the next year either on a 2020 m5 or for the charger wb to become reasonable to lease.

Also m550 is a $650 a month car, performance is solid for a car of its stature but it's like comparing a 392 to a hellcat, there's just a lot more oomph on the top trim.
You are on the wrong forum...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You think they will incentivize RE leases?
If you kept your lease car, how much do you think it will be worth in another 3 years?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
How do you like your Ford? i just picked up a 2020 GMC AT4 on a good lease deal. I needed something for work and the deal was pretty good so I jumped on it.
I picked this up as a lease transfer $0 cost to me (got a guy who can do 60 day transit tags forever so I can skirt the state transfer tax) but the payment is $460 a month for a 65k truck. It's fully loaded with all the bells and whistles I'll attach a few pics when I can but it's got some kick to it and will keep me good for 2 winters, The lease is up end of this year but I can extend for 3 months, from September until march of next year gives me enough time to find another car. (hc lease expires in august) How are you liking the gmc?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You are on the wrong forum...
Uh huh... I still have a charger hc genius, read my original post.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If you kept your lease car, how much do you think it will be worth in another 3 years?
there's no way to tell, let's say electric cars are all the new craze and/or gas skyrockets to $5 a gallon.... see where im heading.

His car could be worth 30k or less and on top of that at the end of the lease term when you buyout the residual price is a lot higher than what the cars are actually going for, if he really likes the car it's worth buying it but often times it's easier to just let the car go and look for another used hellcat.

We would need full details on his buyout price, mileage, etc etc in order to assess the best route.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Uh huh... I still have a charger hc genius, read my original post.
Sorry! It sounded like you are a BMW salesman...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Sorry! It sounded like you are a BMW salesman...
I mean I would love to get into an e63 amg but it's about $1700/mo it's not worth 600-700 a month more than an m5 which is a better car for $1050-$1200/mo than a widebody charger. I'm not brand loyal by any means just looking for the best bang for buck. I am more a fan of cars themselves than certain brands.

Only reason I know so much about leasing the m5 is that I have been looking for a hellcat replacement due to this widebody debacle, if the standard body charger was available at $700-$800 I'm choosing that all day, I could have a pickup truck and a hellcat for the cost of an m5 but alas widebody's aren't incentivized/ priced way too high atm to get a solid deal.

As it stands rn I'm paying $460 for the truck + $650 for the hellcat so at $1090 I'm set but 1200 for a charger wb compared to an m5 is a literal no brainer for even the most hardcore charger fan. it's just a better car in every way minus the exhaust which is easily fixable but still ain't gonna sound as good as a hellcat tbh.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I bought a truck and camper last year so that I wouldn’t miss the car so much when it goes back in April.
I don’t know if they are enough to fill the hole left by the car.

OP
MRmagoo

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Thread Starter #29
Not sure...but I’m not too interested in keeping her long term

OP
MRmagoo

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Thread Starter #30
There is no other car like a hellcat. IMO there’s no cross shopping it like say a Honda Accord. If you love what the hellcat offers hp, sound, attitude etc your only comparable/replacement is another hellcat.

I’ll probably be locked in to the hellcat product line as long as they offer it and it satisfies my infatuation with hp, sound, attitude etc.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
There is no other car like a hellcat. IMO there’s no cross shopping it like say a Honda Accord. If you love what the hellcat offers hp, sound, attitude etc your only comparable/replacement is another hellcat.

I’ll probably be locked in to the hellcat product line as long as they offer it and it satisfies my infatuation with hp, sound, attitude etc.
I agree... so willing to wait.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

it's a 4 door sports sedan, plenty of them out there, e63, m5, charger hc, cts-v, panamera turbo s, etc

There is cross shopping, the other vehicles in the segment are just a LOT more expensive than the hellcat.

The 707 horsepower that the hc is nowhere near what it was in 2015, dyno the amg and the M5 and they are pretty much making 700 hp like the hellcat and run 11.0s 1/4 mile on stock tires.

Hellcat is the best bang for buck, best exhaust, altitude? you could argue both ways but I like both the muscle feel of the charger and the luxury muscle feel of the amg/M cars they both have their own allure.

So in short there are plenty of replacements for the hellcat, like I said earlier I think the e63 and M5 are the better cars in almost every aspect minus the raw sound, and rawness of the muscle car. But then again those cars also cost a solid 30,40,50k more than a normal body charger hc, and I can't justify spending that on a purchase, and back in 2017 when I leased my charger hc @ $650 I couldn't justify spending double for an m5 when the hc offered similar performance.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States

Word.

Miss my 2016 after 2mths. Found an individual color, used 2018 M4 Comp package with 5k miles at a great price and I'd like to try one for a change, but the HC power and sound is intoxicating even with the lesser interior/build quality.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
How are you going to feel in the M4 when you lose to a Hellcat?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Word.

Miss my 2016 after 2mths. Found an individual color, used 2018 M4 Comp package with 5k miles at a great price and I'd like to try one for a change, but the HC power and sound is intoxicating even with the lesser interior/build quality.
it's hard to compare an m4 to a challenger hellcat they are just built for different reasons, the m4 for the track and the challenger for drag racing/highway roll racing.

The m4 is also a lot more compact, I think the challenger offers way more interior space than an m4. (like no contest)

V8>V6

the m4 is definitely a cool car in its own right but I'll definitely have to give the challenger a huge advantage over the m4.

Now if we are talking m8 vs challenger then you got a good comparison.... but is it really a comparison when the m8 is 150k and the challenger is half of that. I think the value proposition is just too good on the hellcat if the lease values come back to earth.

The only reason I am even thinking about the m5 is because they forced the widebody on us charger guys and they lease like crap.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
there's no way I can see the wb charger being anything but overpriced until next year.
On the website right now they are showing the 2020 WB Charger lease at $541 so looks like they will be leasing them as well as power dollars work for the 2020.

I should have rates in a few...

@MRmagoo

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
On the website right now they are showing the 2020 WB Charger lease at $541 so looks like they will be leasing them as well as power dollars work for the 2020.

holy fk!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

@MRmagoo
looks like that includes a 10% dp. But pd working on leases is a good sign, wish they could backdate to a 2019 I could score one for $500. Wb package is pushing my projections to minimum $599 after taxes.

OP
MRmagoo

MRmagoo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chi
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 charger
Thread Starter #39

@MRmagoo

58B54D0B-E6A6-4E81-A0FA-2C7DE6171CC0.gif

@MRmagoo

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
10% down payment is a thumbs down. That's also a 24mth lease, not 36mths.

Also, Dodge website is wrong, pretty sure the gas guzzler went up to $2100 (+$400)

OFF TOPIC: Every time I read this title I say to myself, "No, I will not pay to play with MRmagoo's ass"

Last edited: