Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

One Thing About A Dodge Hellcat Should Really Scare You

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
This is pretty funny yet scary at the same time.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That could happen to a 3rd party Jeep owner with the same engine. Physiology of a used car owner with a hard rock for challengers. That theology could apply to a moped. And worse a rice rocket. Waste of ink.

OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Thread Starter #4
That could happen to a 3rd party Jeep owner with the same engine. Physiology of a used car owner with a hard rock for challengers. That theology could apply to a moped. And worse a rice rocket. Waste of ink.
@Hickster, I believe the main point of the article is that with so much horsepower available to the novice driver, the likelihood of getting in to trouble with all that power at their right foot will greatly increase.

Power in the hands of the inexperienced is a recipe for disaster. :cautious:

Reaction time is a big factor with accidents and with a 700+ horsepower vehicle, that reaction time will be much less than on a moped or that standard old Jeep (not the TrackHawk variety).

Just saying... :unsure:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The reactions of a lot of old guys who own these beasts are not as good as they used to be...but most of us have a lot more experience than a lot of other owners.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea, I got cha. Dosen't make it it looks like our autos, just if it runs a stang off the road. But, we had the same opportunities in the 70s and the most of us lived thru it I guess it depends on What you wood call Maturity and respect others on the road. Don't know. Only have ad respect for other hot rodders in the day and has followed me thru the years. Times have passed me by to the point I thought the, maybe, respect was still there. I have missed a generation or 2. El Rico is attempting to teach me te new times. Scary. No respect??

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
@Hickster, I believe the main point of the article is that with so much horsepower available to the novice driver, the likelihood of getting in to trouble with all that power at their right foot will greatly increase.

Power in the hands of the inexperienced is a recipe for disaster. :cautious:

Reaction time is a big factor with accidents and with a 700+ horsepower vehicle, that reaction time will be much less than on a moped or that standard old Jeep (not the TrackHawk variety).

Just saying... :unsure:
Well Crab..were still a year or two away from that scenario...but a cell phone in the hands of a fat sweaty soccer mom drivin a mini van scares the livin sh*t outta me...and their all over in WNY

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Well Crab..were still a year or two away from that scenario...but a cell phone in the hands of a fat sweaty soccer mom drivin a mini van scares the livin sh*t outta me...and their all over in WNY
Now if shes a skinny, hot soccer mom...Well then...that's a different story altogether! ;)

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Soccer moms,,, if you see a boat load of young soccer kids in a van then that is being driven by a young soccer mom. Good place to start.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Actually thought that was a good article. Yes it could be true for any new vehicle, but the point was now it's the big bad Hellcat getting "handed down" to these potentially more irresponsible (i.e. younger and less monetarily invested) 3rd party's.
Hope it's true. I need to sell my supercharged 6.1SRT M6 with 12,000 mi. on it in mint/ near mint condition. Younger buyer with lawsuit money in pocket would be perfect. Anybody got any kids they want to start off in a near new cond. blown SRT before handing them there Hellcat down the road? LOL.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I think the article is spot on and was always a concern of mine. This was also discussed on the other forum a few times. There are already enough young knuckleheads who own 392's in my area who play pole position daily. :(

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Can be said for any car, motorcycle, or anything really. These problems existed before and will always be problems. Just another OMG article because there is less and less personal responsibility and accountability in the world and well gosh darn it we need the govt to step in an eliminate yet another perceived danger of our modern bubble wrap society.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Can be said for any car, motorcycle, or anything really. These problems existed before and will always be problems. Just another OMG article because there is less and less personal responsibility and accountability in the world and well gosh darn it we need the govt to step in an eliminate yet another perceived danger of our modern bubble wrap society.
Sort of feel the same way...let's not do or make things for responsible people because some day an idiot will own one? A sad theme today.

Member ID
Reactions
City
K
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
The same thing happened with the first generation of muscle cars. I couldn't afford one at 16 but by the time I hit 25 the first gas crunch hit and you could find real muscle for under $2k. Case in point.....I bought a 69 GTO Judge Convertible with the ram air IV engine in it in 1980 for $1200. I had no business with that much power but had enough common sense to keep it in one piece.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Maybe I’ll hand mine down to my youngest son , tell him to respect the power of it and cave man that fucker whenever he gets the chance Because that’s what it was built for , fate is what it is and shits gonna happens, it’s no different in a camaro or musty clang

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I dunno. That article seems like a bit of a reach and stinks of fear mongering; and the clickbait narrative is getting recycled a lot lately.

The fact is that a 20-something is going to have a hell of a time insuring a 700hp car with or without a clean record. HCs will not depreciate the same as a lesser model so entry into the market will remain limited. The Hellcat tax for replacement parts and maintenance will also be a deterrent - and even if you could buy and insure the car, upkeep is going to be a chore.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Maybe I’ll hand mine down to my youngest son , tell him to respect the power of it and cave man that fucker whenever he gets the chance Because that’s what it was built for , fate is what it is and shits gonna happens, it’s no different in a camaro or musty clang
I was driving and racing L89 BBCs and Turbo Buicks in my teens; and I turned out okay. After getting serious speeding tickets on three consecutive Sundays - LOL.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I dunno. That article seems like a bit of a reach and stinks of fear mongering; and the clickbait narrative is getting recycled a lot lately.

The fact is that a 20-something is going to have a hell of a time insuring a 700hp car with or without a clean record. HCs will not depreciate the same as a lesser model so entry into the market will remain limited. The Hellcat tax for replacement parts and maintenance will also be a deterrent - and even if you could buy and insure the car, upkeep is going to be a chore.
Not to mention the gas...

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle