Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you have access to e85 it really is the way to go. I still hear weird things about it from people that don't nothing about it only what they have heard. My thought was from it being run on cars that were not compatible for it from the factory but stuff like that seems to linger on like changing your oil every 3k miles. And the smell, I love the smell of it:p
It is a great race fuel no doubt.
But it does come with some required care.
I have shared articles about it in the past and one was from injector dynamics no less.
I have also shared experiences with customers at the shop that had all kinds of issues with their fleet. Flex fuel Caravans with stuck injectors, Stainless fuel pumps from GM pickups completely rotted out.
Then there are all the fuel lines they were changing. Now this is on a fleet of City tricks and they have there own fuel tank above ground. So without realizing it or knowing they could have done something to avoid it. The tank being above ground in our climate and filled every week regardless of how much was in it. Well it accumulated moisture and E and moisture will make the E very corrosive . I spoke with racers and they all told me to not let the car sit for weeks with it. Now for the city this was a progression that took years to affect them.
But they were changing even the replacement fuel pumps within a year or 2 at $1100 a shot. When I shared articles with them they immediately switched to Ethanol free 91. Downside is I no longer sell $1100 fuel pumps every month. The tank had fuel that up to 10% Ethanol. So one can imagine that E85 would likely cause problems quicker. Which is basically reinforces what the racers were saying.
That being said I am not saying that everyone will have a problem. Ya I know "I have run it for years with no issues" Blah blah blah
As in many cases it isn't an issue until it is.
And a stuck or sticking injector can cause major problems.
So either run Gas through it often or use an Ethanol treatment like the one from Lucas to avoid funding out you aren't as lucky as others 😉 If the car doesn't sit around especially outside then the risks are obviously much less.
I only share the info so people can make informed decisions about maintenance. Of course there is always going to be the ones that get defensive. Whatever, information and warnings are good.
As far as oil changes go if you look in the owners manual of most cars. The severe duty and shorter oil change intervals required relates to many people's driving needs/styles.
This place kills me. We have disposable income in many cases to be able to buy an expensive car to sit around most of the time and the amount of whining about oil changes makes me laugh.
The oil in my charger was analyzed and it came back with great results. It did not have a bunch of miles for the time it was in. Maybe 2000 in 6 months. It was changed when I started it and it clacked when cold. It did this for a couple days So I changed the oil and like magic no more noise. And yet the oil tested as good and lots of life left.
It has done that it's whole life so there is that.🤷

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I was once a skeptic as well, my biggest complaint was fuel system upgrade cost, but once you get there anyway with the fuel system (I did even with gasoline) I've found E85 to be a great performance fuel and had to admit "I was wrong" to more than one person that I debated with back in the day.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #703
It is a great race fuel no doubt.
But it does come with some required care.
I have shared articles about it in the past and one was from injector dynamics no less.
I have also shared experiences with customers at the shop that had all kinds of issues with their fleet. Flex fuel Caravans with stuck injectors, Stainless fuel pumps from GM pickups completely rotted out.
Then there are all the fuel lines they were changing. Now this is on a fleet of City tricks and they have there own fuel tank above ground. So without realizing it or knowing they could have done something to avoid it. The tank being above ground in our climate and filled every week regardless of how much was in it. Well it accumulated moisture and E and moisture will make the E very corrosive . I spoke with racers and they all told me to not let the car sit for weeks with it. Now for the city this was a progression that took years to affect them.
But they were changing even the replacement fuel pumps within a year or 2 at $1100 a shot. When I shared articles with them they immediately switched to Ethanol free 91. Downside is I no longer sell $1100 fuel pumps every month. The tank had fuel that up to 10% Ethanol. So one can imagine that E85 would likely cause problems quicker. Which is basically reinforces what the racers were saying.
That being said I am not saying that everyone will have a problem. Ya I know "I have run it for years with no issues" Blah blah blah
As in many cases it isn't an issue until it is.
And a stuck or sticking injector can cause major problems.
So either run Gas through it often or use an Ethanol treatment like the one from Lucas to avoid funding out you aren't as lucky as others 😉 If the car doesn't sit around especially outside then the risks are obviously much less.
I only share the info so people can make informed decisions about maintenance. Of course there is always going to be the ones that get defensive. Whatever, information and warnings are good.
As far as oil changes go if you look in the owners manual of most cars. The severe duty and shorter oil change intervals required relates to many people's driving needs/styles.
This place kills me. We have disposable income in many cases to be able to buy an expensive car to sit around most of the time and the amount of whining about oil changes makes me laugh.
The oil in my charger was analyzed and it came back with great results. It did not have a bunch of miles for the time it was in. Maybe 2000 in 6 months. It was changed when I started it and it clacked when cold. It did this for a couple days So I changed the oil and like magic no more noise. And yet the oil tested as good and lots of life left.
It has done that it's whole life so there is that.🤷
Holy shit way to scare someone off e85... Good thing I can't read...

I was once a skeptic as well, my biggest complaint was fuel system upgrade cost, but once you get there anyway with the fuel system (I did even with gasoline) I've found E85 to be a great performance fuel and had to admit "I was wrong" to more than one person that I debated with back in the day.
I'm glad I made the change, was never skeptical just didn't know if I could get the tune right myself. With a little encouragement and help from some friends we made it happen 😉.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Holy shit way to scare someone off e85... Good thing I can't read...
/QUOTE]
LOL, Not trying to scare anyone. Just sharing information. The main thing is don't let the car sit for long periods as if it was normal gas.
Ethanol is hydroscopic and when moisture gets to it, it becomes very corrosive as well as gums up stuff.
I think many treat it just like regular gas. Doing that can cause issues with injectors or fuel pump performance. Neither of which is optimal for longevity of our cars.
Not everyone logs their cars or would understand that something is off.
Fwiw I will likely be going to E85 for the track. E85 isn't sold at the pumps here.
Still way cheaper than ms109 at 2/3 the cost for 3 times as much. Hell the pumps will pay for themselves by fuel costs eventually.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #705
Big things happening 8.99 here we come!
CF729CB1-4D83-4A26-8C6F-FCF2092E39A8.jpeg
43027527-E243-4900-8D98-7EFF3E486729.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That needs sum attention,,,, I'd paint it 1st. Storms are over fer the next 5 minutes. Time to stretch the cat's legs.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #709
Cam change??
Rocket packs???
Both?????
Whole bunch of cocaine, I mean carcaine, I mean boost...

Let’s see who gets the 8s first 😊
Not fair, I already know what you are rocket shipping with... not fair at all...

549C9EA1-E21E-4D68-8BA9-FCCE8714DCAD.jpeg 6AB5D696-1D75-4D82-BFE9-F31F7D60F48F.jpeg
New supercharger arrives May 19th!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whole bunch of cocaine, I mean carcaine, I mean boost...

Not fair, I already know what you are rocket shipping with... not fair at all...

View attachment 70059 View attachment 70060
New supercharger arrives May 19th!
Ya, those where all one in the same way back lol

So What ya getting blower wise???

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Ya, those where all one in the same way back lol

So What ya getting blower wise???
has to be a whipple

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It’ll be a fun race regardless if we lineup. Just good ol family fun.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #714
the alternator belt is a ball to put on:rolleyes:
thats why we did it while we had access, when I did it last time took me all of 20 minutes with the right tools.

has to be a whipple
you'll just have to wait and see, I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

It’ll be a fun race regardless if we lineup. Just good ol family fun.
yeah till you just roll right on past me...

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #715
Just hit 65k… yay!
7371CB0D-4C59-414B-81E1-98BB6F171138.jpeg
then 20 miles later…
8938DEFD-CF8C-4F88-AB34-89518B60177D.jpeg
turnes car off, let it sit, did a throttle re-learn…
BE6F4CF6-C6E3-4C3D-900C-CDD663C6ECFB.jpeg
Drove it gingerly home…
FEC02EEF-B62E-4A6B-99A1-0615475B6BDA.jpeg
doggo says fuck this shit, cars down till may 19th, not buying another stock TB. Have my new hotness coming!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bet it’s not the TB, did the car sound different? Like quieter? Would the car run but soon as you gave it throttle past say 1/4 throttle TB error??

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #717
I bet it’s not the TB, did the car sound different? Like quieter? Would the car run but soon as you gave it throttle past say 1/4 throttle TB error??
i was going about 50, went to pass a vehicle and gave it gas and thats when it happened

dont know about quieter, what ya thinking?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I had a similar situation with my Hellcat. It ended up being a throttle body spacer I had installed (yeah I know dumb). I removed it. I also replaced the MAF sensor, since the CEL code called it out. It's run great for 1.5 years since I made the change.

Good luck.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
i was going about 50, went to pass a vehicle and gave it gas and thats when it happened

dont know about quieter, what ya thinking?
You try another TB yet and see if it acts the same?
You just installed a +10 lower and this happened recently afterwards? What upper pulley?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #720
2.72 Hellraiser.

You try another TB yet and see if it acts the same?
You just installed a +10 lower and this happened recently afterwards? What upper pulley?