Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Knock Knock

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I go to BP or Mobile for the most part

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It's only 18gal, drive it around the block twice.

:ROFLMAO:

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #23
It's only 18gal, drive it around the block twice.

:ROFLMAO:
Am I the only one who is surprised how good of fuel mileage these things get?
But yes I have some nice open country roads that might night be to busy.
My neighbors for the most part don't seem to care I had a few giving me thumbs up when I was going by full throttle. And then my other neighbor has 3 drag cars so he doesn't get a say in my level of noise I make...

PurpleCat16

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What tune and injectors are you running?

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #25
What tune and injectors are you running?
All mods are in the post.
but it is demon injectors.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
HC injectors are 600cc, what are the Demon?

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #27
HC injectors are 600cc, what are the Demon?
They are 700cc. I’m going to make a post on them next week with some screenshots from my data logs. But I went full throttle today in -400 da and did see them hit 84percent duty cycle at 5500 rpm but it dropped to a lower duty cycle at 6000 rpm which I found interesting. I’m still on my first tune revision so this might change and is why I’m waiting to make the post.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #28
I did end up going full throttle again this weekend. The 8 deg of st knock was false. I am seeing some .5 to 1 deg of knock. So I am going to still put new fuel in. I almost went through 3/4 of a tank but I have to stick to back roads since the main roads still have salt on them. Our back road may even have been salted today so I may be waiting another week or so before I can make it to the gas station for fresh fuel. At least I know the 8 deg isn't real and the fresh fuel may take out the small amount of knock I'm seeing.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Couple things - change the "Speed" PID to Veh Speed x64. Speed is limited to 127mph as you've seen due to a limit in the data size (bits). x64 is 64 bit PID and will take care of that.

Knock like that when you let off is usually something banging (exhaust etc). Depending on who's tuning it I've seen some knock just a tick at shift and it's due to some of the torque mgmt pulling fuel. That can be tuned out.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #30
Couple things - change the "Speed" PID to Veh Speed x64. Speed is limited to 127mph as you've seen due to a limit in the data size (bits). x64 is 64 bit PID and will take care of that.

Knock like that when you let off is usually something banging (exhaust etc). Depending on who's tuning it I've seen some knock just a tick at shift and it's due to some of the torque mgmt pulling fuel. That can be tuned out.
Thanks for that I will update what I’m logging. I’m surprised the tuner didn’t say anything but I think he just saw the knock and told me to get knew fuel and didn’t look it over anymore.
As for the little knock I’m seeing along the way I’m still on the first revision until I get new fuel.
I’m still hoping for new fuel this weekend. I just have to make sure I can make it all the way there without hitting salt.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #31
Well with the great winter fuel here the fresh fuel knock was even worst. I ended up just putting some octane booster in for now. Which cleared the knock up. He then sent me another revision. Knock came back. He said In the third revision he ended up taking 2 to 3 degrees of timing out. That’s where it is going to stay for now. Still running stock rev limiter. There’s a Chevy shop down the road if I wanted to pay for some dyno time. But I think I’d rather just wait for the track to open and see how it does. Unfortunately, for the track day it isn’t looking promising for the -1500 like we had last year. We will most likely be around 1000 da. Which I know I’m still spoiled to have.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well with the great winter fuel here the fresh fuel knock was even worst. I ended up just putting some octane booster in for now. Which cleared the knock up. He then sent me another revision. Knock came back. He said In the third revision he ended up taking 2 to 3 degrees of timing out. That’s where it is going to stay for now. Still running stock rev limiter. There’s a Chevy shop down the road if I wanted to pay for some dyno time. But I think I’d rather just wait for the track to open and see how it does. Unfortunately, for the track day it isn’t looking promising for the -1500 like we had last year. We will most likely be around 1000 da. Which I know I’m still spoiled to have.
If you are talking Force engineering, I wouldn't call them a chevy shop. Maybe someone else?
We haven't seen -1000 DA in many years. Best I have seen in the last 5 is about -500 DA when the track has been open

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #33
If you are talking Force engineering, I wouldn't call them a chevy shop. Maybe someone else?
I’ve never been there I guess I looked at there website once and saw chevys haha. But now that you say it I think I’ve heard the owner had a twin turbo mustang.
But since you chimes in I filled up at wayland shell. Knock was way worst after filling up there.
edit- it’s been awhile I just looked at there site and saw a lot of mustangs haha

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I’ve never been there I guess I looked at there website once and saw chevys haha. But now that you say it I think I’ve heard the owner had a twin turbo mustang.
But since you chimes in I filled up at wayland shell. Knock was way worst after filling up there.
edit- it’s been awhile I just looked at there site and saw a lot of mustangs haha
He built my short block for my '13 Mustang 4 years ago. I have used his dyno and it is a mustang dyno so numbers will be lower then a dynojet FYI

Could be the station. I have been using BP and Mobil

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
This is basically the reason why I have parked my cars for the winter empty as possible. Why would I want a full tank of bad gas to run out.
I think they make fuel stabilizer for longtime storage. Hasn't failed me yet in a few decades.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #36
I think they make fuel stabilizer for longtime storage. Hasn't failed me yet in a few decades.
Yes I used one. But the tuner saw more knock than expected. I’m thinking it was because when I put it up it was the start of the winter fuel put in it.