Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Killer Chiller Install Help Wanted!

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I don’t think there is a actual fluid level sensor, I believe the computer looks at pump impeller speed and amperage to determine if it’s pumping fluid or free spinning in air, like a dry running prevention algorithm. You may have a air pocket in the pump, try bleeding fluid at lowest point down by intercooler.
This is spot on. Probably an air pocket somewhere.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Need a bleeder valve at the highest point of the system. Where is actually where it will get stuck. Actually you can hear it make a knocking noise. Air rises to the highest point.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Now where does he want to place the heat exchanger. It can hinder, help, and or consume what you are attempting to achieve. I would look at the 3 way valve and discuss it with him concerning the consumption of coolant. Low voltage is all you need and a selinoid. Sorry been in the hospital and out of touch, but hope to be more involved. Speaking of 134A. When this runs low in inventory and fazed out. OOps. Have seen this happen in the past 30 years. What ever the EPA says sets the price.

Last edited:
OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Thread Starter #24
Thanks guys!!! Will let them know Monday. Had a code pop up as well P0EA7 related to coolant - we turned off the DTC SES Enable/Mil monitors in HPTuners. The CEL went away but the message still pops up on the dash 'coolant level low' - The chiller system appears to be working fine otherwise. A/C blows cold/Hot - Drag mode works.
-----------------------------------------------------------
P0EA7-LTR PUMP PERFORMANCE

Theory of Operation
To improve engine performance the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) system is used to cool the charge air. The Charge Air Cooler (CAC) reduces the charge air temperature increase caused by the supercharger. The CAC system consists of an electric CAC Pump, Charge Air Coolers, Coolant Reservoir, Charge Air Cooler Radiator, Charge Air Cooler Coolant Temperature Sensor and plumbing. The CAC system operates independent of the vehicle’s primary cooling system.

The CAC Pump is a smart device that contains a LIN Bus communication module and a coolant pump. To maintain a desired charge air temperature, the PCM sends a pump speed command over the LIN bus to the internal CAC pump module. The internal CAC pump module controls the pump speed/coolant flow rate using Pulse-width modulation (PWM). The CAC Pump assembly monitors for internal system circuit and performance failures. If a fault occurs the CAC Pump module sends the fault information to the PCM through the dedicated LIN Bus. The PCM processes the information received, then sets the correlating fault.

When Monitored and Set Conditions
When Monitored:
This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

• With the engine running.
  • No active circuit faults for the Charge Air Cooler Pump Assembly.
  • Charge Air Cooler Pump Assembly above a minimum calibrated threshold.
Set Conditions:
  • The PCM receives a LIN bus message from the Charge Air Cooler Coolant Pump that the pump current is either much greater than, or less than expected at a particular rpm.
Default Actions:
  • The MIL light will illuminate.
Possible Causes
BLOCKAGE IN THE COOLANT FLOW
LOW COOLANT / NO COOLANT
EXCESSIVE AIR IS MIXED WITH THE COOLANT
CHARGE AIR COOLER COOLANT PUMP

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
If the coolant mixture is too concentrated or too thin it will give issues as well. 30% glycol 70% water is what is needed, use the factory purple coolant and no other additives.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm intrigued by these and will be looking further into getting one

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Your system up and running yet?

Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Don't convert to 134a just a PITA to flush out the oil, change fittings, and custom fill charge.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Don't convert to 134a just a PITA to flush out the oil, change fittings, and custom fill charge.
134a and 1234yf are interchangeable with no oil change or flush required? I charged mine with 48oz of cheap ass Freon from Walmart and a 2 oz oil charge NO other additives, additives just take up space Freon could be occupying. Year later still gets my coolant down to 26F and I run it anytime the car is on.

Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Where did I see water flow diagrams that were helpful?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Where do I get started?? Start,, and I will get going.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayette County
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
As stated, correct install is critical. Injected Engineering did my install with drag option and PNR 7 gallon ice tank. Used R134a per Joe Kincaid. Works flawlessly and gets into the 20 degree range with no issues.

Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Check out our latest testing. 0-80 pull on the street 27* delta full boost, proving once again stock pump 2gal water and Chiller all that's needed. Will have more detail after Cadillac Attack.
before and after chiller and after reservoir/pump

Reggie Pull 1_1_ 21.jpg

Last edited:
OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Thread Starter #34
Anyone seen this? Active Interchiller the only true plug n play, only nothing cut, only automatic HX bypass, only complete with wiring, only one with a true money-back guarantee, If you're not happy get a refund and keep the kit. No Ice Guarantee
Check out our latest testing. 0-80 pull on the street 27* delta full boost, proving once again stock pump 2gal water and Chiller all that's needed. Will have more detail after Cadillac Attack.
before and after chiller and after reservoir/pump

View attachment 34694
Advertising your products on a help thread..:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
2 cents, in. No reason not to run this off 134A. None. Have been talking to another member and have come up with different issues. Tank, no, water no, heat exchangers are nothing more than your rad e ator and your cooling boxes. To a certain extent the cooler the engine the more HP will produce, certain extent. Why the new camero came out with 6. Be knowing the amount the C8 has. I would remove the HX tubing, add an air eliminator, or air extractor, cut back on the sharp 90 degree turns and use street 90s. All copper and silver soldered. A new introduction to the system. A variable speed drive, VFDs on the primary and secondary fans. As track persons go, this will take off the battery and other components off the primary system. Can drop this with a magnetic speed drive which will decrease the power not used to 10% of usage. Hope that helps.
Can you say that again? Didn’t understand a work you said

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
134a and 1234yf are interchangeable with no oil change or flush required? I charged mine with 48oz of cheap ass Freon from Walmart and a 2 oz oil charge NO other additives, additives just take up space Freon could be occupying. Year later still gets my coolant down to 26F and I run it anytime the car is on.
Do you have a 3 way valve?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, in Freon line and coolant line
Do you kept your factory heat exchanger plumbed in? I’m looking for coolant plumbing suggestions

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Bro u need to re-type that shit! I can understand everything u just typed? Thats BS and lame.....:ROFLMAO: fix that shit!:LOL:

Now where does he want to place the heat exchanger. It can hinder, help, and or consume what you are attempting to achieve. I would look at the 3 way valve and discuss it with him concerning the consumption of coolant. Low voltage is all you need and a selinoid. Sorry been in the hospital and out of touch, but hope to be more involved. Speaking of 134A. When this runs low in inventory and fazed out. OOps. Have seen this happen in the past 30 years. What ever the EPA says sets the price.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
IDN why anyone would ever fuk witha Killer Chiller. Its the biggest POS ever made! The interchiller is 10x better! This thing is complete garbage! Shit leaked everywhere on my buddy Mustang. Biggest POS we ever installed smfh.