Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

IC Chiller install & review

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
yeah your right damn I didn't think about that.

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #262
Center console comes out with 4 bolts, biggest pita is getting the bezel off to unplug the console harness
yeah you’re right damn I didn't think about that.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Which chiller company has all the problems? Just saw this video...

this company copied our ideas still cutting OEM AC suction line. They have been selling Chiller for long time but never thought of real PnP

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
thats what I like not having to cut anything....the only thing I dont like is having to put a switch in my car I like to keep mine unchanged. But I'm still going with the ic chiller.I'll just hide the switch the best I can.
Only reason, we need to put rocker switch because our cars didn’t come with Chiller in the car. Demon/Redeye/Superstock, we integrate our system with Uconnect like factory

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All, if you need any help. Please reach out to me on social media. I’ll answer any questions within 12-24 hours. I’ll make more routine to be here once a day.
I apologize for that.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
All, if you need any help. Please reach out to me on social media. I’ll answer any questions within 12-24 hours. I’ll make more routine to be here once a day.
I apologize for that.
If you could sneak back and look at some of my photos and see how close that suction line is and how different Unholy707's is...was his an updated part? I had mine installed at allpar in spring last year.

What all am I going to need to "fix" this and how much for the new style suction hard line to the compressor, a section of hose, and the appropriate clamp sets (qty 5 by my count)? I don't mind covering the cost of these at all. Just Don't want it rubbing on the engine anymore. Lol.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you could sneak back and look at some of my photos and see how close that suction line is and how different Unholy707's is...was his an updated part? I had mine installed at allpar in spring last year.

What all am I going to need to "fix" this and how much for the new style suction hard line to the compressor, a section of hose, and the appropriate clamp sets (qty 5 by my count)? I don't mind covering the cost of these at all. Just Don't want it rubbing on the engine anymore. Lol.
Ping me a message on FB and I’ll take care of you. It won’t be more than $100 shipped.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Ping me a message on FB and I’ll take care of you. It won’t be more than $100 shipped.
Personally or on the IC Chiller page?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Personally or on the IC Chiller page?
You can do it on my personal message

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I assume this is Sumit...just making sure I direct it the proper way. Ha.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yes-
I assume this is Sumit...just making sure I direct it the proper way. Ha.
yes. It’s Sumit

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sumit & crew are going to get me squared away with the new Hardline into the compressor, some extra hose and clamps.

10/10 for customer service and support.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Getting mocked up. If you already drilled out the spot welds on your crash beam (like I did) I recommend pulling it completely, makes life a lot easier

View attachment 113964
Your thread is what inspired me to bite the bullit on the IC Chiller and goong with the 3 way bypass
@uncrnps hooked up a good price for black Friday. One of the few parts I bought new. Most of my car has been built with parts bought used off of here or fb groups lol.

Been sitting on it for months thinking I was going to attempt DIY. Ultimately decided the install was over my mechanical abilities so @hellno is getting it done for me, along with his badass full tilt trans.

Can't wait to get it back because your results have been very impressive.

Last edited:
OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #274
Your thread is what inspired me to bite the bullit on the IC Chiller and goong with the 3 way bypass
@uncrnps hooked up a good price for black Friday. One of the few parts I bought new. Most of my car has been built with parts bought used off of here or fb groups lol.

Been sitting on it for months thinking I was going to attempt DIY. Ultimately decided the install was over my mechanical abilities so @hellno is getting it done for me, along with his badass full tilt trans.

Can't wait to get it back because your results have been very impressive.
@hellno only knows GMs now make sure to swap your emblems with bowties before it goes there don’t want to confuse him 😉

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #275
That’s awesome. It’s a good kit, I should have waited for the new core design and the sale. But like the product, open to sponsorships 😅 could use an IC Chiller AUX tank and I’d do a write up install and track passes/logs/pics

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
@hellno only knows GMs now make sure to swap your emblems with bowties before it goes there don’t want to confuse him 😉
His new car is pretty sweet... for a chevy.. 😉. At least it wasn't a Ford! Figured i got it to him quick enough before he lost all his mopar knowledge lol.

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I"ve been tossing it around about the IC Chiller I want buy it but I keep thinking I dont want to buy something that's 3 grand......how much will it improve my et. or mph in the 1/4? I have looked at meth and nitrous with nitrous it's a given hp but I dont like nitrous to much can happen and then you have to worry about getting the bottle filled just to much of a hassle.But 3grand is a lot for ??? hp

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It isn't so much what you gain in HP but how much less you lose or how much more aggressive you can now get without having to worry about heat.

If you need any further convincing...install an ice tank. Then haul ice for 3 or 4 track days where you'll go thru time trials & elims and sit in staging for god knows how long. That's all it took for me.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #279
It’s $2k, on sale around Black Friday. I was seeing 2-5 degrees of timing pulled on the big end due to MAT (manifold air temp). Car pulls zero timing now

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It’s $2k, on sale around Black Friday. I was seeing 2-5 degrees of timing pulled on the big end due to MAT (manifold air temp). Car pulls zero timing now
Also this. Stock timing pull/boost dump is about 145* - with my initial tune in 2019 these got raised as I'm on good E85 at the track. The chiller dropped these temps by over 35* at the top end right off the rip. I could run the stock limits if I wanted to and still not see any timing pulled...

Bear in mind my chiller is not optimally set up - we are fixing that this year and getting it properly evac'd and charged to ~28oz as recommended in this thread. I'm also running the bypass valve with factory HX - I do daily drive it. Also am running a 2.50 pulley at the track so she makes just a lil bit of heat. Haha