Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many members here are pushing 1000whp?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Mark Carlyle's redeye full interior with only a pulley and tune on e85 went 9.28 at 146 mph a month ago at Norwalk. It's making around 940 whp.

As far as the fastest Whipple car, it is gutted and has a 400 trans. If a guy has a Whipple and stock interior with no spray 9.50 is the number. What is the fastest your car has been now WhipCat?

I have been playing with the 4.5 Whipple on my car for over 2 years now. I have done everything you can do and it just won't run any faster than 9.50's.
Have you not been reading man? Whipple street cars gone 9.18’s already. Check the other forum.

I personally have watched whipple cars run 9.3x at PBIR all day!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If you can’t get your whipple car with a 1000 whp to run a bottom 9 it’s is 100% the driver. Same for you hellion and the same for me.

I’ve run 9.60 at 149mph, but the launch not so good. That trap is a bottom car. It’s just driver, the driver can make all the difference.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Have you not been reading man? Whipple street cars gone 9.18’s already. Check the other forum.

NOT IN A HELLCAT A8, stop the crap, we are not talking other platforms.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
NOT IN A HELLCAT A8, stop the crap, we are not talking other platforms.
In a hellcat you tool

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have watched John drive this charger, it is not the driver

Who ? maybe with nitrous, not boost only, produce a time slip, lets drill down and see who is correct, keep talking (posting), I need some popcorn also

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have watched John drive this charger, it is not the driver

Who ? maybe with nitrous, not boost only, produce a time slip, lets drill down and see who is correct, keep talking (posting), I need some popcorn also
All good Cole. It’s the first time you haven’t brought up trying to race someone and say your the fastest. Because your not.

Spend more time picking out the pieces of your blower and less time spewing crap.

I like popcorn.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Now lest talk Kenny Bell, is anyone aware of KB running quick in a A8? I suspect crickets on this too. To be clear, years have gone by, still waiting for a time slip from one of those monster superchargers.
Here is the reality with the Whipple and KB. They hit so hard off the line that you can't 60' with them. So you have to turn them down to get them to hook. What does that do???? It kills your 1/4 time. I make over 30 mph on the back half. 1.40 60' is the best I have ever been able to get out of my car. The stock S/C is leaps and bound way better than the Whipple and KB. This is info coming from a guy that has done everything you can to make the Whipple fast.

I have watched WhipCats build post on the other forum. He kept doing everything I had already tried a year before he did it. I was one of the 1st to do so many things to this car that others are now trying.

What I would tell everyone after 3 years of RND is pulley, tune, run e85, cold air intake, and use light weight wheels and tires. That is all you need to do to the car. Stock exhaust and stock gear will net you the best results.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
All good Cole. It’s the first time you haven’t brought up trying to race someone and say your the fastest. Because your not.

Spend more time picking out the pieces of your blower and less time spewing crap.

I like popcorn.

You cannot back up your claims, LOL.

HellcatMatt

Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Why crap on someone for taking a different approach? The stock blowers are plenty for these cars, no doubt. But let’s face it, there’s always going to be someone faster with less. All it takes is a prodigy to run 9s on good fuel and a tune and it’s a truth bomb. Big blower and motor cars probably won’t hold any records for a while. Doesn’t mean it’s stupid to upgrade.

My reasoning for a KB was simply from a reliability and blower speed standpoint. I’m not going to risk a motor again with an exploded blower just to say less is more. Billet 4.2L for $3k less than a 2.7 IHI? It was a no-brainer for me. My M6 will always be slow, especially when compared to a cars like phasthemi. I could have just gotten an A8 if I wanted to be fast right?

Different strokes for different folks. Don’t sh*t on someone just for doing something different.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here is the reality with the Whipple and KB. They hit so hard off the line that you can't 60' with them. So you have to turn them down to get them to hook. What does that do???? It kills your 1/4 time. I make over 30 mph on the back half. 1.40 60' is the best I have ever been able to get out of my car. The stock S/C is leaps and bound way better than the Whipple and KB. This is info coming from a guy that has done everything you can to make the Whipple fast.

I have watched WhipCats build post on the other forum. He kept doing everything I had already tried a year before he did it. I was one of the 1st to do so many things to this car that others are now trying.

What I would tell everyone after 3 years of RND is pulley, tune, run e85, cold air intake, and use light weight wheels and tires. That is all you need to do to the car. Stock exhaust and stock gear will net you the best results.

John,

Speak the truth and watch the haters come out, Whip cannot back up any of his claims, so the insults begin. He certainly spent enough on his hellcat.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

It’s sad that you gave up. Fact is what you said is proving that this platform is slow and 9’s are it.

I have personally watched whipple cars cut a 1.30-1.35 and run 9.3’s locally. The guy can drive pretty good.

The other forum has a member ZHC. He has a whipple car in Texas. He has run bottom 9’s. He has his car dialed in.

Another guy has run as low as a 9.30 in whipple car here locally as well and is stuck getting any more out. He is wanting to add nitrous, but he scrapped the whole setup and is doing a twin turbo kit in January.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why crap on someone for taking a different approach? The stock blowers are plenty for these cars, no doubt. But let’s face it, there’s always going to be someone faster with less. All it takes is a prodigy to run 9s on good fuel and a tune and it’s a truth bomb. Big blower and motor cars probably won’t hold any records for a while. Doesn’t mean it’s stupid to upgrade.

My reasoning for a KB was simply from a reliability and blower speed standpoint. I’m not going to risk a motor again with an exploded blower just to say less is more. Billet 4.2L for $3k less than a 2.7 IHI? It was a no-brainer for me. My M6 will always be slow, especially when compared to a cars like phasthemi. I could have just gotten an A8 if I wanted to be fast right?

Different strokes for different folks. Don’t sh*t on someone just for doing something different.

Lets keep it real here and speak the truth, both the Whipple and KB have been around for years, many purchased them. I keep waiting for a time slip to justify the 7K + expense.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Cole your allotted time for me is up. Catch you on the next thread. Make sure you keep your facts straight and not spew crap. I’ll keep out for you.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
John,

Speak the truth and watch the haters come out, Whip cannot back up any of his claims, so the insults begin. He certainly spent enough on his hellcat.
To be honest I have spent well over 100K on my car with all the RND I have done over the last 3 years. I'm looking to finish the year out then sell off my car and let the next hellcat project began.

We have ranted enough in the OP thread. I hope others will find the info educational.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
In a world where we are mad we can’t get 8’s lol.

Our cars are fast but compared to the other platforms 8’s is damn near impossible for a street hellcat.

I can tell you the only street car in our platform that has run 8.65 and is a true street car is the gear head fab twin turbo demon. Full interior full weight. Stock suspension.

I would also say that bottoms 9’s are crazy fast and that’s content for me. We are just slower than the other brands out there. I see no value in trying to get it to run faster than what we are all running now.

If you wanna run 8’s you pretty much have to turn your hellcat into a race car. Gut it, one seat. Gut the rest of car, plastic windows, the works. I want a street car, I’m driving my car to work now and it can run mid 9’s the way I’m driving it right now.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
To be honest I have spent well over 100K on my car with all the RND I have done over the last 3 years. I'm looking to finish the year out then sell off my car and let the next hellcat project began.

We have ranted enough in the OP thread. I hope others will find the info educational.
Agreed bro. Good luck out there

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
In a world where we are mad we can’t get 8’s lol.

Our cars are fast but compared to the other platforms 8’s is damn near impossible for a street hellcat.

I can tell you the only street car in our platform that has run 8.65 and is a true street car is the gear head fab twin turbo demon. Full interior full weight. Stock suspension.

I would also say that bottoms 9’s are crazy fast and that’s content for me. We are just slower than the other brands out there. I see no value in trying to get it to run faster than what we are all running now.

If you wanna run 8’s you pretty much have to turn your hellcat into a race car. Gut it, one seat. Gut the rest of car, plastic windows, the works. I want a street car, I’m driving my car to work now and it can run mid 9’s the way I’m driving it right now.

Now comes the spin, still waiting for you to back up those claims of a whipple running below 9.50. You seem to post on everything but that, why is that?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
As the title of the thread says" members with 1000rwhp " I think we can all agree the whipple and KB can easily make 1000rwhp ( time slips are for a different thread)

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk