Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat Runs 10.52 with a lower, intake stock tune

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My Charger never made the advertised 11psi (and it would only occasionally spike to 10psi) unless it was below freezing outside. After 45k miles there was never any signs of belt slip either. I would have run this pulley to make up the difference to get stock power :)
FWIW - in the heat of the summer, wheels tires, heaviest Charger on the planet, I ran a 10.9@126. Most runs were low 11s at 123ish. This was on a 17" drag wheel tire, stock front wheels/tires. Trailer hitch was always on the car... never needed the parachute though... haha.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
10.65 may be a record for a stock tune Charger Hellcat with just drag tires? Curious that they now call front and rear drag radials, a drag pack? Back in the day, a drag pack was a common name for an option on a big block Mustang that included headers, a 9” rear with a 4.30 Detroit Locker and I believe a bigger carburetor? I’m not sure if it was a different suspension or not?
Stock chargers have been 10.5s stock challengers have been 10.4s.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Have any been that fast with 2.62's gears and full interior?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My Charger never made the advertised 11psi (and it would only occasionally spike to 10psi) unless it was below freezing outside. After 45k miles there was never any signs of belt slip either. I would have run this pulley to make up the difference to get stock power :)
FWIW - in the heat of the summer, wheels tires, heaviest Charger on the planet, I ran a 10.9@126. Most runs were low 11s at 123ish. This was on a 17" drag wheel tire, stock front wheels/tires. Trailer hitch was always on the car... never needed the parachute though... haha.
I really think they all make the same boost, it could be the gauges. Every engine is built the same so it does not make since some have more boost given the same altitude. We are at different altitudes but even in different DA mine has shown 10psi be it 0 or 3,000 feet. Some have said as much as 12psi thus it could be the gauges

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
They detuned all the cars staying in Canada. They were afraid you guys might hurt yourselves. :)

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
I know of at least one stock charger from Canada that went 10.59 back in 16 or 17

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Magnified - lol, I’m close to the border, not over it. :ROFLMAO:

My point was simply that a much heavier than stock Charger on just a rear wheel/tire could run a 10 against all odds. Also that a car that showed a best of 10psi on special occasions could have benefited from the larger incognito pulley.
The cars that made better power from the factory and regularly showed 11psi would probably hit the limits of the stock tune before seeing the improvements I would have. I believe my car had more room for improvement.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe even quicker.😉

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We are talking about Vortecd’s Charger
I was asking if anyone had been 10.5's with full interior and 2.62 gears which was answered with yes

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Did you try 3.09's and get rid of some weight like interior to see if you could go faster?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I thought Moparjim was referring to his Challenger has been quicker?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Did you try 3.09's and get rid of some weight like interior to see if you could go faster?
No I haven't tried 3.09 gears. But I have run with 3.09 geared cars and have yet to run slower with my 2.62.
I have at most removed the rear seat. On 3 different occasions the gains were maybe .02 at best.
A local guy I know ran a 10.34 with an Incognto with a 2017 Hellcat. Rear seat delete Kit and Cold air intake on a drag pack with 2.62 gears.
A Charger ran a 10.58 earlier in the year with stock fronts.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am having an issue that must have been all year. I thought it was due to running in the heat this summer. The car was losing power and then picking up again.
When it got colder it became worse. Data log shows fp maxed out and injectors full pin resulting in a boost drop. Changed fuel pump and the same issue.:poop:
Now the car is away so hard to make a change and test it.
The last time out it blead boost twice in the run and ran 10.50. Piss me off. LOL

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My PB with 3.09, seats out, stock boost, Drag pack on 93 tune = 10.24

Point is - I think a tune on stock boost would do as good or better than the incognito pulley without a tune, tune with it & it'll do better & be safer.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My PB with 3.09, seats out, stock boost, Drag pack on 93 tune = 10.24

Point is - I think a tune on stock boost would do as good or better than the incognito pulley without a tune, tune with it & it'll do better & be safer.
I was thinking cars without a tune, stock pulley's. I don't have an issue with weight reductions. Also times if someone had a cold air, exhaust mods since my testing has shown nothing with either

I'm all for modding cars but curious what someone has been able to do with the factory package. You see what Dodge did with the Demon and it took others awhile to repeat but they did. There could be a Hellcat that has gone 10.3 with just the seats removed with wheels and tires. Some are lucky enough to be able to run in -1500 DA which could be a factor also

I think it would be cool to get a lot of stock cars together and run. They have the Demon race in Texas in January and that would be cool to have a Hellcat division of that. Maybe this has already been done in the past?

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I was thinking cars without a tune, stock pulley's. I don't have an issue with weight reductions. Also times if someone had a cold air, exhaust mods since my testing has shown nothing with either

I'm all for modding cars but curious what someone has been able to do with the factory package. You see what Dodge did with the Demon and it took others awhile to repeat but they did. There could be a Hellcat that has gone 10.3 with just the seats removed with wheels and tires. Some are lucky enough to be able to run in -1500 DA which could be a factor also

I think it would be cool to get a lot of stock cars together and run. They have the Demon race in Texas in January and that would be cool to have a Hellcat division of that. Maybe this has already been done in the past?
I agree, the biggest factor from one car to another with same set up is DA & humidity (duh right) which is hard to compare when we're spread out all over the country. It would be cool to have a large track day somewhere.
I understand guys not wanting to tune their cars but my point was that I didn't think 10.50's is that impressive with the incognito pulley & no tune. That a tune alone will beat that. B Mason on tune ( stock boost ) 3.09 & drag pack has run 10.16 PB.

The Demon track day is the weekend after B Mason's track day, & I'll be there :)