Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Goodyear F1 SC3 vs MPS4S

Frank Rizzo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dixon
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Goodyear F1 Supercar 3 tires vs Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for everyday driving in the summer. If you’ve got experience with one it both chime in.

Member ID
Reactions
City
K
State
IA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
I'm with you. I've been looking at both and would like some input.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I have PS4S experience. They are tough! I have some of the large 345/30's on the rear and for an interesting comparison, I have some PSS 305's on the front. (when I got the tires the 305's were not avail yet).

About 2500 miles, and because the rears are the most expensive tire in their collection, I never allowed the RE to burn them. I am lucky because I use another set of wheels / tires at the track. So I know she will roast them. Plus I had a '15 I sold with 20,000+ miles and I did my share of burnouts.

Drove around in a fairly responsible manner, but of course we took it out and have done several 0-60 runs, couple of "longer" timings. It will run mid-three's 0-60 all day, the steam rollers are on 12" wheels. They ride like a dream. I have not had this set in the rain, but I know they are some of the most highest rated wet tires.

Simple statement on a couple of important things: they ride smooth and quiet.

Here is an amazing thing. It is parked all winter and that set is "on the shelf" right now. When I took them off I noticed the rear were about worn as much as the front. I just measured for you. I am amazed. The rears have 8/32. The fronts have 1 or 2/32 LESS! I am not sure anyone has ever reported quicker wearing fronts on a Hellcat So there is quite a statement about their wear compared to the "lessor", "older" model of that tire. Remember above those are just the lowly Pilot Super Sports. I also used a set of 285/35's on a road race course. I also burnt up several sets of PZero's, and recently some Toyo R888R's. The PS4S set wore better than any. Here is something that floored me yesterday. The 345/30 PS4S is MORE expensive than its brother, the highly talked about Cup 2's in the same size!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
^^^. That is a good comparison article/opinion.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I have the firestone indy 500 tires on mine and they do well in all conditions as o drive mine rain or shine , I also haven’t noticed any excessive wear and I do some burn outs

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have the firestone indy 500 tires on mine and they do well in all conditions as o drive mine rain or shine , I also haven’t noticed any excessive wear and I do some burn outs
I have the same from my previous SRT. They are very good tires and very reasonably priced.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Goodyear F1 Supercar 3 tires vs Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for everyday driving in the summer. If you’ve got experience with one it both chime in.
tires.png

Dry/Wet Rating - based on multiple user reviews from TireRack.com

Given your driving situation, the Michelin PS4S look like the way to go based on dry and wet performance, tire weight, wear duration, and miles per $ vs the GoodYear Supercar 3.

Last edited:
OP
F

Frank Rizzo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dixon
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Thanks guys, appreciate the info. Still can’t make up my mind, lol!