Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Going 6's in the Quarter, Yeah Going for the Record

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
NO, it's worse. you have to weigh AFTER the pass, so your enemies can spy on exactly how much weight your car has lost, thus being able to have knowledge of your setup to which they should not have access.

Seems stupid to me. I wouldn't want to race in such a class as my first choice. 3300 pounds, also? What next? You have to have your car x-rayed, engine dismantled for pictures on Instagram, and photos of you naked, with DNA samples?
Going on the scale AFTER THE RUN is standard operating procedure at any real event that has a weight rule I've run in , and won, NMCA classes with a weight requirement. Anyone who didnt go on the scales right after the run was DQed. When there is a minimum, everyone knows you have to weight at least that, so it really shouldn't matter if anyone else sees your weight. If this is an issue, you may want to steer clear of some of the other classes where they will tear down the whole car if you win- including and starting with your engine. Keeping folks honest is just part of racing.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Son of a bitch, you're right! so much for my reading skills. Damn, that's hilarious.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Going on the scale AFTER THE RUN is standard operating procedure at any real event that has a weight rule I've run in , and won, NMCA classes with a weight requirement. Anyone who didnt go on the scales right after the run was DQed. When there is a minimum, everyone knows you have to weight at least that, so it really shouldn't matter if anyone else sees your weight. If this is an issue, you may want to steer clear of some of the other classes where they will tear down the whole car if you win- including and starting with your engine. Keeping folks honest is just part of racing.
No way I let anyone pick apart any car I'm involved with. I'd have to look over the rules for certain.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Update, motor is almost done, next is transmission. Looking for suggestions, thinking of powerglide, however many Gen3 racers are launching a turbo 400 on 2nd gear. Need some help here
When you choose a trans who are you considering for a converter? Lenny at ultimate converter should be on the list of candidates.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
No way I let anyone pick apart any car I'm involved with. I'd have to look over the rules for certain.
This has been common with most legit forms of racing, for many, many years. THEY don't pull apart your car though, YOU have to do it. They just have an official(s) of the sanctioning body there to measure and verify. Not a big deal...

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #86
This has been common with most legit forms of racing, for many, many years. THEY don't pull apart your car though, YOU have to do it. They just have an official(s) of the sanctioning body there to measure and verify. Not a big deal...
In outlaw classes this is not done simply because there only a few rules (relatively speaking). For example for Street outlaw TV show, only requirements are steel roof, steel quarters and a VIN. Most track events have more rules than that but not going to be pulling a motor apart. Typically, the requirements are to meet NHRA safety requirements, meet minimum weight for the size of the motor and power adder being used and have a stock wheelbase (or within 3 inches). Sometimes there is a stock appearance requirement which is very subjective.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
there is a stock appearance requirement which is very subjective.
So every single NHRA "Pro" """"""""Stock""""""" car would fail, and fail dismally.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Minimum weight for the outlaw class is 3,300 pounds, what a joke.
This is why I'm adding a weight bar to the front and back of the PT build. It sucks to take a 2300 lb car and have to add a bunch of weight.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #89
This is why I'm adding a weight bar to the front and back of the PT build. It sucks to take a 2300 lb car and have to add a bunch of weight.
Why do it ? I am going to run no prep events

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
There are weight requirements at no preps. Maybe not all, but the biggest ones do.

Add weight bars... a little weight in the right place can help more than hurt. Make the car as light as you can and then watch the chassis respond as you add weight to determine how much and where.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #91
Highest weight requirement I have read for a no prep event is 2,650 (total weight with driver). Not going to be able to add 500/ 600 hundred or more pounds to a car in a non permanent way even with weight tabs on the chassis, IMO. There are so many events out there, cannot be competitive at the other events at 3,300 pounds unless the car has 3,000 or more HP. Gen 3 motors cannot make kinda power (yet).

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Rumor has it that DART is coming out with a block, now that may be a game changer.
That would be awesome!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Lenco ....... My suggestion for a trans.

And now I'm watching you

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I wonder when Cole will be posting the Pics of his Hellcat Shell going over the Chassis he bought?
I'm sure the racers on here will Love It!

Linda :)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I wonder when Cole will be posting the Pics of his Hellcat Shell going over the Chassis he bought?
I'm sure the racers on here will Love It!

Why Linda? Why? Don't unleash the beast. LOL

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Lol Well Cole promised full pictures of the build
No secrets Going to do what no shop has ever done.

Eplings Garage has always posted up their build.
Remember Cole posted he was focused on his Chassis build. And also has a grudge match with AJ
So the full disclosure should be shown.
So many will be waiting to see!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Cole I heard you were a bench racer , can someone explain what that is 🤔

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #99
Wow, soo many haters here, the chassis is already certified 25.2 (which means it is good to 6 seconds), the body is on the chassis. The delay is mounting the engine and choosing the transmission. The engine is not installed but it will be shortly, looking at motor plates today to modify. The build is custom, everything is one off and needs to be made.

Linda, I love your interest, I have a new broom for you. download.png download.png download.png

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX