Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Going 6's in the Quarter, Yeah Going for the Record

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I was not going to mention this until I made a hit in the quarter mile, however, given the recent events I thought I would share HERE. Take a look at the photos, 25.2 chassis which is good for 6.0 in the quarter. It is not completed, struggling with the motor but it will turn heads (IMO). For those who do not know, I race, break parts and run again. Good for a couple of hellcat records. If you have any questions or have a question, please ask. I have learned by breaking parts, no need for any of the members to learn the hard way.

Attachments

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
Rob Goss has the Hemi Gen III record, I am trying to give him some competition.
The hellcat has gone 8.68 on nitrous and 9.02 on boost (real bad air), if anyone has performance questions, please reach out to me.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I see you've been making big changes @cole3986. Keep pushing the envelope. Looks like you are making sure it's as safe as possible. GO FAST!

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I should done a better job of explaining, I still have the hellcat, I am hoping that I am building a 6 second challenger (not my hellcat), I say that because, I have the chassis, got to have the engine.

I will have both cars to run at the track, but the chassis 25.2 car is my main focus.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I see you've been making big changes @cole3986. Keep pushing the envelope. Looks like you are making sure it's as safe as possible. GO FAST!

This build is only here, I am not on FB or other social media. It is extreme, I love it. The interior is all carbon fiber, it is a race car, plain and simple.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I should done a better job of explaining, I still have the hellcat, I am hoping that I am building a 6 second challenger (not my hellcat), I say that because, I have the chassis, got to have the engine.

I will have both cars to run at the track, but the chassis 25.2 car is my main focus.
Of course I love it. It's got my body on there. Not one of these new fangled hellcat/demon/redeye/widebody passing fad thingy's on there. LOL. Very badass. Good luck.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
This build is only here, I am not on FB or other social media. It is extreme, I love it. The interior is all carbon fiber, it is a race car, plain and simple.
Got it. I noticed that CF. Beautiful!

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Thanks, to go 6's need at least 1,800 HP to the wheels, working on it, the weight is already at the minimum, I will keep the Forum up to date. Leaning towards a power glide transmission, I hope I can drive it, it is going to be stupid fast.

Please give suggestions or comments, nothing is set in stone, I am a firm believer in many minds working on a task, the task is to take the record, please provide comments or insight. Just so you all know, I have never driven a car quicker than 8.68, I love it.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
What is minimum weight? Just curious.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Serious

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
That's Pro Mod stuff right there! It's gonna be scary fast. I assume you'll have a good chassis guy for adjustments. Powerglide isn't a bad choice. I assume it will be set up for air shift?

You've driven fast cars, but this is another level. As a suggestion, consider making incremental run distances. Just start with launch and shut it down. If all feels good, take it a little further. When you feel comfortable take it thru shift and then lift. Run it out the back end when you feel comfortable. I've found it easier mentally to know I'm lifting before or at a predetermined point rather than thinking full pass right out of the box.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Just so everyone knows, no race shop would do this, the Forum has full access to this car. What works and what does not will be posted. Those who know me, I broke my hellcat plenty and posted it. Took a lot shit for breaking, but I posted it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That car is flat out awesome. Just beautiful. If you're really heading for the 6 territory I applaud your do it right no matter what philosophy. Will be watching this. Do not have the money or the time to do things like this any more myself. Do you have an ETA in mind?

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
That's Pro Mod stuff right there! It's gonna be scary fast. I assume you'll have a good chassis guy for adjustments. Powerglide isn't a bad choice. I assume it will be set up for air shift?

You've driven fast cars, but this is another level. As a suggestion, consider making incremental run distances. Just start with launch and shut it down. If all feels good, take it a little further. When you feel comfortable take it thru shift and then lift. Run it out the back end when you feel comfortable. I've found it easier mentally to know I'm lifting before or at a predetermined point rather than thinking full pass right out of the box.
Technically it is not pro mod, it has steel body, but is has a 6.0 chassis (SFI 25.2).

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Just so everyone knows, no race shop would do this, the Forum has full access to this car. What works and what does not will be posted. Those who know me, I broke my hellcat plenty and posted it. Took a lot shit for breaking, but I posted it.
So when you say no race shop would do this, you mean your doing this? Chassis ,Fab everything?

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
What is minimum weight? Just curious.[/QUOTE

Good question, it depends on the class and the cars power plant (including suspension). There is a class, Outlaw X275 that does not care about anything other than the tire. I am leaning towards that.

BTW, there are class cars that light the boards up and there is outlaw cars that run for money (no time, NT). I am leaning towards outlaw, NT on the Board. What does the Forum think?

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
GET ER DONE!!! Good luck man looks Badass man! Be safe as well! Glad you're on our side!

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
So when you say no race shop would do this, you mean your doing this? Chassis ,Fab everything?[/QUOTE

My experience is that no race shop ever has a car that breaks, because it is bad for business. They only post time slips that are awesome and will not say what was done because it is business, gotta make the money. I get it, however, I am not a race shop, I post what works and what does not, it has caused many shit shows, but it is what it is.

Giving access to a car that is not finished? No one with a brain would do that, however, given the turn of events, I think this Forum needs it, so here we go.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You have brains. And obviously you have balls. Good luck again on your quest.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
The goal is to be faster than Goss, now that I said that, I know it will come back to bite me, the chassis will do it, but gotta have a killer motor.

BTW, there are no Gen III hemis in the 6's but Goss. I am trying to leap frog the pecking order and cause havac. I am good at stirring the pot but I need a timeslip. Absent of a time slip, it is all talk.